South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Thoughts On the Beach

We're more than halfway through the workweek!
I have to take the girls to school this morning, so there's no time for my Curves workout. But I DO have time to enjoy my coffee before I go.
It's supposed to be chilly and windy today with the rain ending this morning. We're planning to take the girls to see the Lippizanner (sp) horses while they're at the University of DE today, after school. That will be exciting seeing the world famous horses, I can hardly wait! Tomorrow is Children's Day at a country fair near their home, so we're planning to let the girls skip school so we can spend all day at the fair.
Yesterday Maggie and I baked peanutbutter cookies, and we had a little tea party when Audrey came home after school. That was fun, and I only ate 1/2 of a cookie! MAJOR milestone for me!
Anyone want to join me for second cup this morning?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:13 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm here and really need that second cup this morning. The sump pump is working away after a night of rain. Rain is on the menu once again and we will be near freezing tonight. We've already had enough frost to knock off the rest of my basil.

Cottage, enjoy those wonderful horses! The girls will never forget them, I'm sure.

Mary Ellen and I are still having fun, mainly just hanging out. It's so nice to have her here and I'll be very sad to see her leave on Sunday. She has really spoiled my Girls, especially Lucy who now practically ignores me!

Have a cozy Thursday, Beachies.

Here's a good website for the Lipizzaners. I've seen them twice and want to see them again after seing this.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruth, I hope the rain lets up for the rest of your daughter's visit! I know the two of you are having a wonderful time, in spite of it though. I guess the week has been flying by too fast for you, you're going to be lost for a few days after she goes back. And so will Lucy, that fickle doggie!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning everyone!! Save some coffee for me!

Well, today's my Friday as I'll be leaving for San Antonio around 1. I'm really excited and my bff is taking me to our fav restaurant for dinner! Sushi and green tea! YUM! I decided yesterday to just let the work be and leave as scheduled even if I'm not done with everything. It'll still be there Monday!

Cottage, I'm curious to know what the Lippizanner horses are! I'm going to check the link Ruth suggested. WTG with half a cookie! Sweets are my weakness!

Ruth, I'm so glad you're having fun with ME! I'm going to see my mom on Sat. We only have a day, but it's all worth it! I'm sure you'll have to get the girls back into shape once she leaves!! No more getting spoiled, right?

Well, off to shower and work! Have a great morning everyone!!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning All,
Wow... I feel like I have posted in a while (which I guess I haven't). I have been redoing phase 1. This weekend will be my last weekend and then I a off to phase 2 on Monday! Work is still crazy... moms are always yelling at me... but for everyone one that complains, I have 2 that are happy.

Cottage: Going to see the Horses sounds like a lot of fun! I went to Grad School at U of D... didn't get to see any horses when I was there. Also the tea party sounds like a wonderful treat for you and your girls and CONGRATS on the 1/2 of a cookie! Your willpower is strong.

Ruth: I am glad you are having a pretty good morning... I hope the rain stops for you sometime.

Kim: Have a safe trip!! Sushi sounds like a wonderful treat... my boyfriend is part Japanese and introduced me to sushi (it wasn't my favorite)..but I decided to try it. We ordered one of those platers that come with 2 of everything and I tried one of everything. I was so proud of my self for trying something sooo different than what I 'thought' I would like and I let myself enjoy it and like. I haven't had any since starting SBD.... enjoy some for me!

Have a great day!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #6  

Good morning, ladies!

I am back (AGAIN!!) after a long hiatus. I do very well on SBD and then I don't know what my problem is...but I end up going back to Weight Watchers....gaining my weight back....and slinking back to SBD. I have about 120 to lose... and my DH has recently found out that while he only has about 30 lbs to lose, his fasting glucose level is pretty much through the roof (somewhere around 230). His father is diabetic, his grandmother on his mother's side was diabetic, his father has also had colon cancer, and two heart attacks... It's time for both of us to get very serious. This is quite possibly the last shot we have at keeping him from having to do the insulin thing.

So, I hope you will welcome me back into the fold!!!

Today for lunch, my choices are limited...I'm stuck at the office and we really only have a little deli downstairs. They do however, make fresh salads. Is my best bet a cobb salad, or a ceasar salad with chicken (minus the croutons, of course)? Any type of dressing they have down there (aside from the ceasar) would be Ken's dressing in the individual packets.

I will definitely be more prepared tomorrow....but I didn't want to wait another day.

Looking forward to getting know all of you!!!

Carol
Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #7  

Morning, gals! Tomorrow we leave for another camping trip. It will be pretty cool (for us) but hopefully not wet (at least until Sunday). I've got most of the meals planned. I'm bringing Eggbeaters and turkey bacon for breakfast with whole wheat tortillas and swiss cheese. I'll also have instant oatmeal as a backup but that isn't OP even though it is at least the reduced sugar.

For one dinner, I'm making whole wheat penne pasta with lean ground beef, pasta sauce and broccoli. Brian wants ravioli for lunch so I'll probably have some for him and DH and I'll have lunchmeat and swiss in a whole wheat pita. I have some soup mix that we'll probably have for dinner tomorrow. Not the healthiest but it is fast. I might try to plan one more meal and just bring the soup mix as a backup.

I've got all the songs planned that our den will sing at the campfire. THey are funny songs too. And I'm bringing stuff to teach the Music belt loop again. It's easy since I prepared everything last time I taught it. I just needed to print out more copies of Deep in the Heart of Cub Scouts. I've also got all the stuff I have to bring for our den's water bottle rockets. I'm looking forward to this. It should be a lot of fun! Now I just need to remember to stay away from the cobbler which will be tough since we have to learn how to fix it since it is our job to cook it at the spring campout.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #8  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All!!!! Sounds if everyone is doing well and is very busy!!!!

Cottage: Have a great time at the fair and with the horses, I am sure that you and the girls will enjoy!!!!

Ruth: I am so excited for you that you and your DD are having such a great time and not letting the rain bring you down. I hope that my dd and I stay as close as we are now when she gets older (she is only 10 right now). Enjoy the rest of her stay - don't worry the doggies love you tons, just a new person around!!! Once your dd leaves, you will be the center of their attention again and get tons of love!!!!!

Kim: Have a great time and I love your thoughts on work being their when you get back on Monday!!! I hope you have a great time and I am sure you are so excited to see your bff and your mom - tons of fun coming your way!!!!

Well not much new here - been trying very hard to stay op - been hard for some reason - I have put on a few lbs (or so I think) but tom will be here shortly so it could be that.

well I must get back to work - hope you all have a GREAT day!!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

I'm shivering. It's up to 33 degrees (from 25) this morning. Last night when we got home from running errands, we kicked the heat on, but it blew only room temperature air. So Terry went to light the pilot light, and it won't light. I called the repair man this morning and he'll be here at 9....TOMORROW. Brrrrrrr. I'm so cold. However, it gives me an excuse to bake cookies! And I baked brownies last night. I will have all kinds of goodies!

Today is my day with Grandma. She has a hair appointment and will need to go to the grocery store. After we're done, then I have to teach piano at 4:30. I really don't feel like doing anything today. I want to just snuggle up and be warm.

Hope you all are keeping warm and having wonderful days. I'm going to go have breakfast and start on my cookie baking. Have a good one!

Lisa
Old 10-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #10  

Good morning, everyone!
Welcome, Carol.

I'm not exactly OP today since my dh let me sleep in (I'm not at work today) and got the kids off to school then came to wake me up with a huge sized mocha latte with whipped cream he picked up at a coffee shop on the way back from my daughter's school. Mmmm.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Woooowee! Nothin' like 55 minutes of pilates to get the blood flowin' and warm ya up! Yeah, it's still cold in here though. I just thought I'd pop back in to record my exercise and see if anyone else had posted!

Howdy Rebel! Don't drink that all at one time now!
Old 10-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #12  

It WAS decaf. skim. though the sugar in the chocolate syrup and the whipped cream probably negated all that.

And, I joined the Y on Tuesday but am not actually starting out until I have an official orientation.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey ladies - Today is a new day fresh with no mistakes - after 3 days of binging I'm done! YAAAAY!

I went out and bought a pretty little notebook for myself to keep with at all times. Upping my calories to 1500 a day instead of 1200, going for 2000 on Friday and Saturday and 1500 Sun-Thursday. My concern for now is going to be controlling my eating - You know if I'm able to maintain my 142 then hey I'm going to be happy with that! I'd love to see 130s on the scale, but it's a freaking number! I wear a size 8, medium top, I've lost 25-30 pounds overall and I should just be really proud of myself! I'm not trying to brag ladies, just kind of trying to prove a point to myself that I should be more concerned about just trying to get into a healthy routine and less concerned about a number.

SO like I said, today is a new day fresh with no mistakes. I giving my will over to God because I know I can't do this by myself - I myself can't control my eating, but the higher power can. Also going to give myself $10 a day that I don't binge and at the end of each week, if I've been able to maintain then I'm going to by myself a new cute something.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Closed Thread