Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #1  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Smile New to WW and to this forum!

I just started WW two weeks ago. I have been dieting on and off for a couple of years now on my own, and have decided that I will probably have more luck with support! So my sister-in-law and I joined WW, and after surfing the internet I came across this forum and love how you all are so supportive of each others efforts. I definitely could use all the help I can get. So I look forward to getting to know all of you! Have a great night!!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #2  

Let me be the first to offer a big warm Welcome!!

These boards are incredible, everyone is so nice and very supportive.

I joined WW on September 6, and I love it!! I had one of my good friends join with me and it's wonderful to have constant support.

Good luck and again, welcome!!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:49 AM   #3  
Working to be an after!

Thank you so much for the welcome! So far I'm enjoying WW. It's fun to actually be seeing results! It's nice to look around here and know that some people have had great results with it! It's also nice to have someone to do it with. My SIL and I have been giving each other snack ideas and meal ideas. I've already shared a few recipes from here with her, and we've gone to Applebees to try their WW menu. It's great to have support, in person and online!!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #4  

I know exactly where you're coming from. I joined with one of my best girlfriends and it's been great. It's really nice to have someone to attend meetings with, I think we've kept eachother on track alot as well.

I feel the same way about WW as you, I can't believe that after only 5 weeks I've lost 14 lbs, it's an incredible feeling. It's very encouraging and you go from feeling like it's going to be impossible to lose the weight, to realizing that it IS possible.

Congratulations on making the change, stick with it, we'll all be here for you!
Old 10-15-2006, 08:19 PM   #5  
sek
sek

S/C/G: 177/125

Height: 5'2

Unhappy New to WW and this forum ! And I am in need of guidance ...

HI I am Susan and I just recently joined ww...however all I did was get the material at the meeting ....and I kinda feel like I am out if left field somewhere ...I really wished I had someone to do this with I think it would be easier. But the meeting I attended was very small and everyone seem to have there own 'buddy' .....I want this to work. But to be honest with you I dont even know where to begin, do I count points ? Do I do the core plan ...I really just need some inspiration and if any one lives in the WV area and wants to go through this together I would love it ! Thank you so much !!
Old 10-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

sek .. you prolly need to sit and talk with the WW leader .. she can explain to you how to start the program and how to work it ... as far as points .. it depends on wether you want to do the flex plan or the core ...

for the core plan there is a list in your 1st week book that tells you what all you can eat .. and my understanding of it is you eat only until you are satified not full or stuffed

I do the flex plan .. also in that 1st week book there is a chart that ya find ya weight and it tells you how many points you have per day. I find the flex points easier because I am always on the go and I can basicly have anything I want as long as I allot myself the points for it and don't go over the points. Also there is 35 additional points per week that you can use for one nite .. or break down and add em into your days. meaning you can either eat 35 points in a meal on a special occasion .. or 5 points here and there during the week .. its up to you .. but again you don't want to go over your limit for the week .. I rarely if ever use my extra points .. I try to just stick to my daily limit ..but there are occasions like b-days and anniversaries and such that I have used them on.

I hope this has helped you a bit ..if you look in the WW general section there is alot of information there. But you might want to go through your week 1 book and get a good grasp of which plan you want to go with. the core or the flex. I hope I haven't confused you any! Welcome and Good Luck! I look forward to seeing you around!
Old 10-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #7  

Susan:

I agree 100% with owira. The leaders at WW have all been through what we're going through and can offer advice and support.

As far as Core and Flex plans go, you have to determine what suits your lifestyle. I am on Flex and I love it. I like it because it doesn't restrict my food choices, I can eat whatever I want as long as I control the portions. I also find that keeping a food journal helps ALOT!! Now, my aunt is on Core and she has been very successful, she prefers core b/c she doesn't have the time to log all of her meals.

I know you probably feel like everyone at your meeting has already established their "clique" but give it time. As time goes by and you attend more meetings you will get to know your fellow members through sharing stories etc..

It's hard to go at this alone, but as time passes it will get easier. The ladies on these boards are incredible, it's a wonderful place to come and share whatever is on your mind.

I wish you all the luck, you can do this!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #8  
Working to be an after!

Susan - I also am doing the flex plan. I love that I can have the occasional treat, count the points and still be following the diet. It takes away a lot of the guilt that I've felt doing other diets! The meetings are a lot of fun, and they share some good information. Even if you have to go alone, go! You'll meet people there and feel more comfortable with them the more you go. I don't live near you, but you can always use these boards as your "weight loss buddy"!!! Everybody here has been so helpful already. Troll around, a lot of your basic questions about the program have been asked before, and if you can't find the answer, ask it again.
Good luck with your plan, let me know if I can help!
Old 10-18-2006, 06:27 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3

Welcome! I have done WW online since March '06 and I love it. I have lost 35 lbs. thus far. The best "diet" I have ever done. :-) I am on the flex plan. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:38 PM   #10  
Celmae1979

S/C/G: 215/197/135

Height: 5'5

Default Back on WW

Hello everyone,
I started WW back in June and lost 18 lbs but stopped going to the meetings (thought I could do by myself) and stopped the diet. I have maintained the weight loss since stopping the meetings.

But... I started back on WW as of Tuesday. I am doing really good, I will rejoin the meeting starting next week. Right now doing good and sticking with the points, writing everything down. I have it right in my head this time I WANT TO lose the weight.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:39 PM   #11  

Hi all-I have become too infrequent of a poster here-have been off and on WW for ever, it seems, but really want to get it off! I have a ten month old and a three year old. I have a short term goal of getting my *ss back to a meeting and losing 7 pounds by Thanksgiving...can't wait to get to know all of you-I am an old timer who hasn't been around much lately!!
Old 10-22-2006, 02:06 AM   #12  
Working to be an after!

Hi all, it's nice to "meet" so many people doing the same plan. It's been going good so far for me! How about all of you? I agree with Celmae this time it's going to work and stick because I WANT it!! I look also look forward to getting to know all of you. A little about me, I'm 25, I work night shift as a nurse, and I'm single with no kids. What about all of you?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #13  

Hi crazynette and welcome!!

Weight Watchers is going great for me so far. I'm in my 7th week and have lost 19 lbs. so far, I love this program. I love these boards too, it's so nice to talk with people that are following the same plan.

A little about me: I'm 23, and I work as a Customer Service Rep for a marketing firm. I am newly married (as of October 05) and my husband and I just purchased a house in July. We do not have any children of our own, but DH has a daughter from a previous relationship that we share custody of.

So are you following Flex or Core?
Old 10-25-2006, 08:50 PM   #14  
Working to be an after!

Hi Chantal, Congrats on the 19 lbs! That's awesome! So do you follow the Flex or Core? I follow the Flex. Counting points works better for me. I'm afraid if I followed the Core plan, I wouldn't stop eating. I'm not very good at listening to my body when it says it's comfortable. So the points work well for me. I can do portion control, and stop when the points are finished. So far so good. So how's your week going?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #15  

Hi crazynette, thanks!! I actually did my weigh in a day early this week, so I weighed in last night instead of tonight b/c I'm going out of town.

I've officially hit 20 lbs. in 7 weeks. I'm super excited about this!!

I'm following the Flex program, like you, I can't depend on myself to stop eating when I feel "satisfied" I'm generally not satisfied until my plate is empty and I've had a second helping.

I've had no problem controlling my portions and it's really put things into perspective for me.

How are you doing this week?
Closed Thread