Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 01:57 PM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Talking Alternative Group 01-01-02

We are a group of non-traditional lifestyle individuals. We are partnered, single, widowed, Pagan, Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Muslim, gay, bi-sexual, bi-colored and straight. We bask in our diversity and unite in the same goal of losing weight. If you are relatively open-minded and accepting of ALL walks of life, please join us.
Old 01-01-2002, 02:01 PM   #2  
you can call me flower

New Year, new month, new thread!

I love everyones enthusasium! I hope this translates into lots of pounds lost forever! I am doing good so far. I have no doubt I can keep this up as long as I go grocery shopping! The spicy chicken bocas aren't half bad. I am at 183.5. I think my lowest was 179 at the begining of Nov. I hate loosing the same pounds over and over again! But this time I will be victorious! I am off to get dressed and walk a few miles. The sun is out, my tummy has been fed, and I could use the time to listen to the birds sing! Happy New years everyone! ~flower
Old 01-01-2002, 03:07 PM   #3  
Must Shrink.

I love the ability to take off the old year and embrace the new!

L
Old 01-01-2002, 04:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Hey Guys

Happy New Year!

Didn't like the scales this morning! Even though I started this year 32 pounds lighter than last year I am up 6 pounds this month. I have 20 pounds left to loose and I am setting the goal for that loss as March 15. I think that is do-able. I keep gaining and losing the same 6 pounds but I feel confident that my bad month of December is past and I can do this! I hope that I can keep this attitude!

I am setting priority of posting to fitday every day. I still think if I have to write it down it wont pass these lips.....

Hugs to everyone,
Amy
Old 01-01-2002, 04:38 PM   #5  
Hot Stuff

Have you done your exercise today?

I did! I did! I walked (very briskly - it was COLD!) for 30 minutes around noon, then came in, chugged some water and set to work cleaning this place. I've JUST stopped. It's a beautiful sunny day here and still no snow *knock on wood*. The light in my living room is a warm gold right now as the sun begins to lower.....and there's no dust to be seen! Everything is shiny and clean and organized and smells great. That's how I want my life to be...shiny, clean, organized, and smelling great. What are the odds? Anyway, off to a good start.

I still want to get in an arm workout and some crunches.

Flower, you sound much better!

Amyjo, we are all going to accomplish great things this year!

Have to go inspect DD's bedroom. She's been cleaning all day too.
Old 01-01-2002, 04:40 PM   #6  
deleted2

Default Happy New Year!!!!

Just checking in, girls. So far, so good! I'm feeling very positive about things again. I'll go back to work tomorrow--in a way it'll be good to get back in the old routine again.

I'm back to keeping a food journal again--haven't for a couple of weeks. I absolutely have to get back on track---my clothes aren't fitting well, not a good sign!

Old 01-01-2002, 06:34 PM   #7  

I got my 20 min on the stationary bike in today ... would have done longer but it was hurting my butt!
Old 01-01-2002, 07:20 PM   #8  
you can call me flower

I walked 3977 steps or 1.63 miles. The best part was walking was walking thru the crumbly leaves. So cool to hear the crunch of them underneath my feet. The best part was they are way dry so no sign of hidden bugs!

I discoved Starbucks has soy milk. Now I can enjoy the occasional coffee out with no tummy ache! I am off to go into all my files on my computer that I never use and find myself an excersice log to pring out and fill out. It is easier to use a pen that to go type it in every day.

I am going to start the situps tonight too. I am also going to start an excersice file to file all my articles I have torn out so they are accesible when I need info or modivation...I need to figure out a dinner for us too. I have no ideas. Didn't make it to the store. We have freezer food. I should go inventory everything. Tootles~ flower
Old 01-01-2002, 08:31 PM   #9  
Must Shrink.

Well I've had 96 oz of water today, which is very good for me. (hard time drinking water)

What a busy place! We sound very motivated.

My decorations are away, and the tree is down and gone to the arena to be eventually turned into chips.

Wish I could say my house is spotless for I too feel best when my surroundings are tidy, but my bathroom does look lovely.

Time to clean the kitchen and hit the sack.

L
Old 01-02-2002, 06:28 AM   #10  

Day #5 and so far I am feeling great. I still feel kind of nauseous in the morning -- probably a combo of hunger and black coffee hitting that empty stomach -- but yesterday I didn't even really feel hungry. I haven't been very active, though. Haven't left the house, actually. Today I have to drop off work at the p/t job, tomorrow I go to the weight clinic, and on Saturday I have to go into the city to take an exam as part of the application to one of the schools I applied to. So I'll be increasing my activity a little before returning to work. I'm going to try that 2 mile walk video today, I think.

Everyone sounds motivated and focused, and I have confidence in all of you!

I'm curious to see how my weight is tomorrow at the clinic compared to Saturday's weight. I'll let you know.
Old 01-02-2002, 06:43 PM   #11  

Hey, you guys, we were almost off the page! Where is everyone? How's the exercise challenge going?

I just did my "2 mile walk" video -- it was pretty good. It's very simple, just 30 minutes of low-impact aerobics. I really really didn't want to exercise; I was so tired this afternoon, especially after walking a few blocks in the cold with my head still stuffed up. But I can't do this fast without exercising, it just won't work, and if I'm going to suffer hunger and deprivation -- not to mention the money I'm spending -- I am going to make it work! I'm glad I did get off the sofa to exercise, though, b/c I feel good now. At any rate, if anyone is looking for a very simple, very low-impact aerobics tape, I recommend this one.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:43 PM   #12  
Hot Stuff

What? We were almost off the page? There will be none of that this year! We are going to stay motivated, get fit, and make this thread busy, busy, busy!!!!

I've got day two down! After work, hubby started dinner and I changed into sneakers and warmer clothes and hit the sidewalk! I was cruising down the pavement, it was COLD out there. You know usually once you get moving and warm up a little you don't notice the cold, but I didn't get to that point tonight. It's -13 celsius with the windchill factor. Regardless, I got in my 30 minute walk. I think this may be a plan for me. If I go as soon I get home from work, I haven't sat down and gotten comfy...once I do that, forget it.

Everyone sounds like they are doing great....let's keep it up!
Old 01-02-2002, 08:06 PM   #13  
Must Shrink.

I take water with me every morning when I go out to do my papers, and this morning it was so cold out my water-bottle was full of slush when I got home!

Not as much water today, I'll get 64oz in me, not so great on the eating, but am writing everything down.

Desparately pre-menstrual, but surviving.

L
Old 01-02-2002, 08:18 PM   #14  
you can call me flower

Remind me not to complain about the weather this season. I feel sorry for you gals!

I had to take Grif in for a face checkup. We will need more work in about a year. Dermabration and laser treatments to start. There is gonna be scar tissue to get rid of. But it now just looks like a scrape. A bad one, but not 60 plus stitches.

I returned to work today. Just a half day. Chris is watching the Fast and the Furious. Such a guy movie. All that racing makes me nervous. Can't stomach it.

~flower

I walked today too!
Old 01-02-2002, 08:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Ok My food was pretty good until dinner and I blew it! Two days in and bamm!~!

I didn't technically exercise, it has been in the 20's and low 30's here for the past two days so going out was not an option.... On top of that we are having septic tank problems So I have had a really fun day! I think that was what blew my diet was the fact I am stressed to the max!!!

Got to get the emotions in check!!! Having a really hard time not purging up dinner too! Grrrrrrr~

Sounds like everyone else is having a great start!

Hope all is well,
Amy
176/149/130
Closed Thread