Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 11:37 PM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default ~~THE THIN GROUP NEW YEAR RESOLUTION~~

Hi all you Thinsters,
Anyone care to join in with a New Year Resolution? 2002 is here and it is a new year for making your goals a reality.

My New Year resolution will be to lose the rest of my weight and go all the way down this time. I have 33 pounds till I reach my goal weight. Now I am not trying to look at the whole picture because that would seem like to much to me. But I will be happy if I could just keep on going down and even if I lose 3 or 4 pounds a month it would get me there by the end of the year. I will really try to work on my weaknesses this year, which for me is journaling. I have no problem with the water or the exercise or even the program when my mind is set.

Come on guys, anyone else want to join up? Looking forward to reading a whole lot more posts.

Take care guys and remember WE CAN DO THIS!

Love ya, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 01-02-2002 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-02-2002, 11:55 PM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Well, I guess I better do this now since we were on the phone with each other as you were doing this!

My resolution for this year is to stay OP and journal, but mainly I am going to try really hard to do exercising! That is my weakness. I have at least 50 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight, but if I even lose 1/2 of that by the end of this year, I will be very happy. So, I am going to try to do 12 mini goals of 2-3 lbs a month (but more would be great)!

Anyone else???

Love, CJ
Old 01-03-2002, 06:53 AM   #3  

Sherry's Resolutions:

1.To lose 32 lbs. But will make a goal of 10 lbs. at a time.

2.To stop being "Super-Mom". I'll have hubby & boys to help out more around the house.I'll also try hard not to be a "neat freak!"

3.To stop drinking Sweet Tea & Sodas. Drink Crystal Light & WATER!!

4.Exercise EVERYDAY....Or at least 4 times a week!

5.To like myself more.

Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 01-03-2002, 12:06 PM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

I want in on this too!! I've made it through 2-1/2 days of staying on program, counting points, drinking water and getting exercise. My resolution for 2002 is to continue! I will lose the remaining 20-25 lbs. hopefully by the end of the first half of the year (end of June) and resolve to maintain my weight (or lose more??? ), continue to get exercise and drink the water and adopt this new healthy lifestyle.

I'm picturing me in next December's little black new year's party dress already....
Old 01-03-2002, 06:28 PM   #5  
Conquering with SBD

Well, I'm kind of hesitant to post here because I really didn't make any New Year's Resolutions this year. Every other year I've made resolutions to lose my extra weight, but I have never been motivated enough to follow through.

Last year, the idea to lose weight started as a game with a co-worker. She mentioned to me that she had gained a lot of weight over the past few years and I told her that I had the WW diet at home. I brought the diet the next day, we reviewed it and made plans, and then started the next day. Instead of fizzling out after a couple of weeks, I became obsessed with the weight loss and became determined to be at goal by the end of February or the beginning of March. If that is a New Year's Resolution, then I will claim the leftover resolution from last July.

I have journalled every day but one since I started, so that is not a problem. When I started on the program, I had difficulty drinking water, but even that has become a habit. My real weak area is with exercise, so I guess that is my second resolution.

Once I reach goal another transition will be to maintain the weight. Bringing me to the third resolution. Sooo, to summarize, here are my resolutions for this year...I don't think that I can handle any more than this.

1. Reach my goal weight by the end of Feb. or the beginning of March.

2. Start an exercise program and exercise 4 or 5 times per week.

3. Make sure that I have a plan to maintain my weight and I follow the plan.

The other goals that I have for 2002 are career and school oriented. I am planning to finish my Master's degree by the end of June, and also planning on moving into my boss's job this year. Hmmmm...I guess I've been watching Law & Order too much. LOL

Cheers,

Last edited by sweet tooth; 01-21-2002 at 05:11 PM.
Closed Thread