Old 10-09-2006, 09:08 PM   #1  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Default Back - Bigger than ever. :(

If we could only turn the clocks back.... Back in July 2003 I started a weight loss journey and 3FC's was a big part of my success. I managed to lose over 100 lbs and I was feeling and looking better than I had in years. But then life and all the little things that life can throw your way started tripping me up. Before I knew it I was gaining weight like crazy. It then reach the point where I was embarrassed to post because I was failing so miserably. Now I've gained back EVERYTHING that I managed to lose plus a few pounds!!

It's been at least a year since I've signed on here, but I've reach the point where I have to do something. And I can't think of any better way to get back on track than to come back here to face up to my past mistakes and have a place to go that will help keep me accountable. So effective tomorrow, Tuesday October 20th I am back on my quest for a healthier me!! I look forward to seeing some familier names and getting to know some new ones.

Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Good for you! Failure is only when we give up for good. Try to think of this as a learning experience. Think of all the things you will be able to do better this time!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #3  
One pound at a time...

back to the forum!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

There is no better time than right now!! Only 7 months before bathing suit season again. Welcome back and good luck!!!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:11 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hey there Melissa!! I remember you!!!

I am pretty proud of you for coming back. I know that had to be the hardest part. But your here, and that's what matters.

I think your tag line says it all. Can't wait to watch your success!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back. I agree with Sandi that sometimes that is the hardest part of it. Just remember that you did lose it before and now that life has given you all those curve balls, you can now plan for when life does it again and be prepared. (that's what I keep telling myself anyway. )
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #7  

glad you have returned. I am in the same boat. Unfortunately I can't say I have had the great success you have had in the past. I lost 30 regained most of it and am struggling on now.. Baby steps.

I know what you mean about not wanting to post when floundering that too is me. Perhaps that is when we should be posting the most often.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:44 PM   #8  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

You might as well call me flounder. I keep posting and hanging in there even though I have had no significant loss. I was 257 this time last year so I am thinner (not by much) but I keep plugging along. I tell myself at least I have not gained more.

Melsfolly - You can do it!! Welcome back!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #9  
Believe

Thanks for all the responses guys!! I had a great start to my day, fought with a mental devil this afternoon that was trying to tell me that it wouldn't hurt to wait one more day, and I'm finishing up my day very well!!
  • I've only had 1300 calories (That's actually in my low range - my goal is to keep my calories under 1600)
  • I rode the bike for 30 minutes this morning and worked with weights tonight for 15 minutes.
  • I've had 96+ oz of water so far today.
  • And no food after 7:30
Go me!!!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Glad that you're back!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #11  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

back!!!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Hey,

I did the EXACT same thing. I lost 100 pounds only to gain 90 of it back, lose 30, gain 25 back...so here i am AGAIN...on my way back down. My problelm was that i just got lazy and went back to my old, easy life...you know...the one where you eat whatever is there and have no idea how people exercise on a regular basis? I am back and doing well though. You can do it, you did it before, so you know it CAN be done...let that give you comfort instead of depression. Once i started gaining it seems i got depressed then i spiraled into a terrible eating routine. Getting back on track is a HUGE step in the right direction.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #13  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back

I find getting back on track is sometimes the hardest thing and it's easier to keep going once you're on. I hope you are proud of yourself, resuming exercise and eating healthy are no easy task - way to go!

Quote:
I know what you mean about not wanting to post when floundering that too is me. Perhaps that is when we should be posting the most often.
I agree! I do the same thing, I stop posting when I go off track and start again when I'm on. But we should post regardless of how it's going, and maybe when we're off track we need more of the support, motivation, and reminders that fills these boards!

Good luck! You can definitely do this, one choice at a time..
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:22 PM   #14  

Welcome back, Melissa!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Melissa! I'm terrified of gaining it all back as well and keep coming back here for support. This is tough to do day after day!

One thing that I try to do after I "blow it" is to figure out why that happened. You said life threw you curves, but looking back, are there things you can do to make the curves less likely to throw you next time??

Also, I know you said you have a lot to lose, but it sounds like you aren't eating very much for your weight! Yes, you can lose on that, but do you run the risk of sabotaging yourself later? Larger bodies do need more fuel and you may also begin to feel deprived, and more likely to binge later and start the whole downslide? Something to think about maybe.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote