South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Musings

Here we are again back to Monday already. The weekends just go by too darned fast! Today is a holiday for a lot of you, but I have to work today. The girls have a day off school, and I have to be there by 7:30 because their mommy & daddy are going on a special fox hunt today. It's supposed to be a nice day, though, so we can spend most of it at the park, or I may just bring the girls over here to my house for the day. They love coming here, and I can get a little work done in my garden. too.
Mmmm, the coffee's good this morning, I put a little cinnamon in it while it was brewing. Anyone want to join me for a cup?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:03 AM   #2  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!!!! Like Cottage I have to work too - but my daughter has school (private school) anway looks like it is going to be a nice day out. I fell off the wagon a bit over the weekend - Friday night my dh and dd made me a carrot cake for my b-day so I had to have a wee little piece then on Saturday we went to a fall festival and I had a few french fries - then on Sunday my parents came down for a b-day dinner for my ds and I (she is 10/1) and they brought ice cream cake - i had a wee little piece - let me tell you I got sicker than sick on Friday, Sat, and yesterday after eating a few bites!!!! Didn't step on the scale this am but back OP.

I hope you all have a GREAT day and stop on by for a cup of joe - it sure is good!!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:05 AM   #3  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Ruth: I forgot to ask - how was your Thanksgiving and your wonderful visit w/ your dd? Hope you had a GREAT weekend!!!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Grumpitty grump grumble...

Phone rang at 6:30. Somebody from Terry's work. Grrrr. If I only have an hour left to sleep, I prefer that I don't wake up to the phone. Ohhhhh what a wonderful Monday it's going to be.

Schnatzo, my hair color is actually called "Weiner Dog Red." That's why it's such a perfect match to Oscar and Sophie.

Cottage, I have to work too. Whiiiiiiiine. I need two days off in a row. I think I might feel a little better if I had that. Maybe weekend after next I'll be able to schedule myself off Saturday and Sunday, if I have the help. Enjoy your cinnamon coffee and have a great day!

RMT, a few bites won't destroy all the work you've done. Don't worry! At least you're back OP today! Have a good one.

Well I guess I should get in the shower. It's going to be a lonnnnng day. Hope you all have a great one! I'll check in later this evening!

Lisa
Old 10-09-2006, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/196/170

Height: 6'

Good morning ladies,

Well, like the rest of you, I don't have the day off. I don't have to work but I do have to go to school. Luckily, this week is the week of fall break so I get Thursday and Friday off. I was also very tempted this weekend. On Saturday, my mom and I went to a Mary Kay party that my friend was hosting and there were scones there. I had my sister give me a little bite of a scone while she ate the rest. Then, my sister, my brother and I went out to dinner. I got a salad but my salad came with a muffin. I gave the muffin to my sister but it smelled soooo good.

Speaking of my sister, she showed me her first ultra-sound pictures on Saturday. She's 15 weeks pregnant and the baby is due on April Fools. We don't know the gender yet because the little rascal had its foot in the way.

I'm pretty happy about the weather here today. Last week it was in the high 70's and 80's. Today it's gonna be 59 and rainy. I finally get to break out my long sleaved shirts.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Blaaaaah - I hate Mondays and ate not so well this weekend, it's amazing how after a weekend of bum eating I'll be up like 10 pounds, and then in a week of good eating it'll be gone again -

So I have a new strategy this week - upping my calories, trying for 1500 a day, planning yummy meals, pizza tonight, prob do bread and cheese and salad one night (I love cheese), trying to indulge in a controlled manner so that when weekend comes my resolve doesn't bust, if I don't feel deprived then I won't feel as compelled to binge? Maybe? I'm hoping so!

Kaity - Your resolve is awesome! Great job resisting!

Lisa - I'm feeling grumpy this morning too, alarm went off at 645 this morning so I could go to my spin class, was so tired after spin that I felt like a nap, instead I made more coffee and came into the office

RMT - Definitely don't beat yourself up about a few bites, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Mine's in 2 1/2 weeks and I hope I can show as much resolve as you have!

Cottage - I had my 2 cups of joe this AM and I'm still dragging, it's a Monday isn't it? Cinnamon sounds like a good idea for the coffee - Have a great day with your girls!
Old 10-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 148/130/120

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies,

I am giving south beach another try and started Phase 1 today. So far so good, egg white for breakfast, chicken breast and lettuce for lunch, chicken broth for a snack. I’m hoping to check in daily and really buckle down and do Phase 1 100%. I have been yo-yoing for too long. I have a work conference in FL Oct 22-25. So, I hope to follow this to a T until then. And hopefully fit into some really cute pants I have waiting for me!

Cottage - pour me a cup. Coffee, the one thing I won’t give up. I am going to try and do without splenda though! I’m working today as well, blah.
Kaity – Congrats on the upcoming niece or nephew, babies are soooo fun!
Weezle – I’m a redhead too!
Sarah – Good luck with your plan. I love pizza! Thankfully, I like the SB pizzas.
RMT – Happy birthday! No mortal can resist Carrot Cake.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Oh my goodness -- it's already lunch time!! Where has the morning gone? It's been so hectic and rushed, I thought I'd never get to post!! The office finally slowed down and everyone is on their way to lunch, so peace and quiet for me! I'm enjoying some V8 and a ww tortilla w/ deli turkey, FF mozzarella cheese, green bell peppers and lettuce. YUM!

The rest of the week will be crazy with me working through all my lunches and maybe staying late a few nights. The rep from the state comptroller's office will be here Thurs. morning and he needs all these reports and etc. If everything gets done in time, I'll be on my way to San Antonio this time on Thurs. Phew!

Bad news -- I put on 2 lbs since my big "204" day. The good news is last Monday's W-I was 208, so I still lost 2 lbs this week! I'll take it! I got a little off track this weekend and didn't drink enough H2O, but I'm back on track this morning and feeling great!

Phish: Welcome back! These ladies are great and have really helped keep me on track. You'll really love it here!

Sarah: Ugh, Mondays -- I know what you mean! I hope your new plan works for you. I personally have decided not to even be around pizza if I can help it until I've lost at least 30 more lbs. Way too much temptation for me!

Kaity: WTG this weekend! You were in a lot of situations where you could have done a lot worse! And congrats on the new neice or nephew -- hope you find out soon!

Lisa: Sorry you've got the Monday blues! I hope the day's going better for you!

RMT: Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear that it was fun AND that you were able to indulge a little!

Cottage: That cinnamon coffee sounds delish! I know it's 12:20 in the afternoon, but I could go for a cuppajoe right now!

Well, I SHOULD be working, so I'll go now! Have a great rest of the day! Hey, at least it's half over!

~Kim
Old 10-09-2006, 01:22 PM   #9  

Kim - Yeah I'm really trying to get into a maintenance frame of mind, and really just trying every possible combo so that maybe I can curb my binge eating... thinking if strategically indulge then it will take the "badness" out of these foods that I binge on

Phish - Welcome back! I've actually never tried the SB pizzas...
Old 10-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/233/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Well, I'm not working today, but that's because I don't start my job until tomorrow.

I had an odd morning, up and down. I was actually happy to discover (surprise!) that it's TOM. Heh, never been really thrilled about THAT before. I'd weighed in this morning and found I'd lost 4 lbs, which is good, but a few days ago the scale was saying I'd lost 5 lbs, so I was kinda distressed. Then, I went shopping for a couple pairs of pants for work and discovered that I can't get into a size I can sometimes get into (when another pair that size were fitting fine 2 days ago), so I bought one size up (which don't fall off, but will probably be looser than necessary after TOM is done). I've also been feeling icky and grumpy off and on yesterday and all morning today. After I got home- Viola! At least I understand, now.

Plus, I was hoping to go for a nice walk, but it's a little bit warmer than yesterday and I'm feeling really sensitive to the heat- so it'll have to wait until this evening.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 148/130/120

Height: 5'3

Sara – the cheese pizzas are great! I don’t like the ones it toppings though. I burn them a little and put some of Jane’s Mixed up Salt on there (blend of herbs and salt, very good stuff). Unfortunately they are not okay for Phase 1, so it will be a few weeks before I can have them again!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #12  

Just went out and bought "When you eat at the refrigerator, pull up a chair." by Geneen Roth who I've heard about quite a bit on this forum (if not necessarily in this thread) - It's kind of an anti-dieting book, but really trying to get into maintenance mode and know that I can't keep eating 1200 cals during the week and then dreading the weekends cause I feel almost inevitable like I'm going to binge - gotta break that cycle!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:54 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Sarah, I totally understand weekend binging. Last weekend was the first weekend in MONTHS that I didn't fall off the wagon, and I'm glad I didn't because I lost 2 lbs instead of gaining back everything I worked so hard to lose during the week. Saturday was tough for me though. My body said "It's Saturday. You're STARVING!!! And you want PIZZA!" I told it no, and even though it sucked, I lived. Good luck breaking your weekend habits!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #14  

Evening gals....

I need to break all habits right now! This morning I was up 5 pounds from my summer low weight. UGH!!!!!!
Closed Thread