Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 03:51 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Thumbs down Happy MOOOOOOOOOO Year!

(such a predictable subject line)

Well, I don't know, this must have been the diamond year, and I didn't get any. Lovely to hear about yours, though, Peachie. What did you give Herbie?

My DD claims she wants to take guitar lessons, although she has shot down most of our suggestions on who to take them from. She is pickin' on her own at this point. DH plays a little (well, actually so do I, if you count about 4 chords), but it "wouldn't be prudent" for us to teach her. She won't even let us discuss her homework with her.

Viola's message is still there. I don't know who she is, but it's been a long time since anyone spoke to us, hasn't it? I thought maybe there was a sign up to warn people or something. (Beware of Cow?)

We went to a great party. Our hostess made Mexican food Monday night. Plus the most awesome chocolate mousse you ever laid a spoon on! Nearly killed me. I made breakfast for all of us, and it was pronounced very good.

Yes, I've seen Lord of the Rings. I thought it was excellent. Haven't read the books either. Yesterday we saw K-Pax before we headed home. That was pretty good too.

Here's something new: I went to bed at 12:15 last night! Hours earlier than usual, y'know. This would be a good thing to continue. Wish me luck.

Kiwi
Old 01-02-2002, 07:29 PM   #2  

Default 2nd post today

Geez. I was good until lunchtime, then I blew my resolution. Then DH brought in the leftover client gifts, which were big tubs of Almond Roca, and left them here all alone in the office with me. I have 2 tubs all to myself. Which will make me tubby. Tub. Tub. Tub. That's a good name for me. I went shopping with my sis over the weekend. After the 3 way mirror ordeal we went and ate away our sorrows at the Spaghetti Factory. Do any of you cows have these restaurants in your area? I could eat there every day.

I want a ring too, Peaches. I've earned it with 24 1/2 years of hard labor. You only have 23 years to go.

That was a sweet kitty story.

Kiwi, Viola has posted on that thread again. I thought about telling her where we are, but I forget how to send a private message. Besides, I thought I should get Lush's approval before I go sending out invites. Hope things are going ok with our Lushy.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:59 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default You're not tubby

You're healthy. I've eaten at Spaghetti Factory, in Charlotte. It was fabulous, as I remember.

I've been getting into using the Crockpot lately. Last week I made some incredible hamburger soup. Now, I never even heard of hamburger soup until my mil made it, and gave me the recipe. I have to say that the recipe I used for the crockpot was worlds better than hers; it really was excellent. Today I'm making garlic lemon chicken. It smells divine. And very lowfat. I'm going to have couscous and spinach with it. Brilliant.

I've been talking to Viola over at the old thread. She's just happy someone replied. I am doing such nice things today. I delivered Les Meals sur les Wheels. Now I'm trying to make a CD of some digital tape I took last year in Florida, to make a copy for the people from Australia who went with us. My Aussie friend is going home for a visit, leaving on Saturday, so I hope to send it with her. Tata

Kiwi
Old 01-03-2002, 06:48 PM   #4  

Default It seems like it's tuesday

But it's thursday!!! which means that tomorrow is margie night!!! I would like a 3 day workweek all the time. Which is why I only do about 3 days worth in a five day week.

I have nothing to say, but I thought I'd check in, which is more than some cows have done lately.

Kiwi, you are nice, so it's no surprise to me that you're doing such nice things. And the nicest thing of all is coming here to post so that I'm not all alone. I refuse to post back to back with myself. Ppl would think I had nothing better to do. Dinner sounds yummy. Wish I were there.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:55 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

I don't know, Wabbit, you're probably giving me too much credit. Obviously I like to crow about it when I do something nice. That can't be good. Anyway, I haven't gotten anywhere on that video stuff. Here it is almost midnight, and I'm thinking I'm going to get started on it.

Dinner was good; the chicken was a bit tart--maybe too much lemon, but after DD informed me of what was wrong with it, I looked at her plate and it was all gone, so it couldn't have been too much of a burden.

DD's dance studio is starting a Tai Chi class for adults, on Saturdays. I'm thinking of joining. There's also a Jazz Dance class, but that sounds a little sweatier.

Gotta go try to figure out this video thing.

Kiwi
Old 01-04-2002, 09:06 AM   #6  

Hi,
I'm still trying to navigate on the computer. I enjoy your group very much. I am starting ww at home (for now) again. I did so well the last time, but got discouraged mid-way and gave up. I am now HUMBLED, oh master of ww and I shall take what I get and not get cranky if I plateau for 6 months.
Thanks for letting me "hang out" with you....ooooo......moooooo! (ah! this stuff is contageous!)
Old 01-04-2002, 09:53 AM   #7  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default hey Viola!!!!

Welcome to the HERD!!Mo00000ve over all you cantankerous heifers---Violetta sounds like a sweetie-----don't be surprised Viola if your name gets turned inside out and upside down for a while----we used to use our real names but that didn't entertain us enough.We have been together for several years,and so far EVERYone is fatter---except Peachbags,but she is coming along nicely and fattening up for us as requested---We used to have a REAL dieter----Cherry---but she deserted us a while back and actually ran a MARATHON------needless to say,most COWS I know try to avoid such dalliances.We miss Cherry,but understand that she probabaly needed some encouragement to lose ----not encouragement to exchange gyro,dorito based recipes{laced with Almond Roca bits,of course--and topped off with Three Jumbo Margies}----- ANYWAY---welcome to you Vi,and hello to all the other can TANKerous bovines------thanks for reminding me Wabby---can't wait for tonight's margie-fest!!!!!!oh yeah---I am still fat.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:43 PM   #8  
fatter than U

Talking Bagz may be fat, but I'm fatter!

Hi Viola! Good for you for starting ww again. What discouraged you the last time? What kind of exercise do you do?

Ok, cows, I saw this thing on CNN about what's in and out this year and this came from some magazine that said that these things will always be IN . In this order:
  • Sex
  • *Diamonds*
  • Chocolate
  • Paul McCartney

Can we live with that?

One of my new year's resolutions is to get to bed earlier. I've been averaging about 1 a.m. every night and that's tooooo late. I read somewhere that you can't lose weight if you don't get enough sleep and I am proof of that!

There was a Spaghetti Factory in Vancouver - they used to do children's birthday parties, poor dears (the waiters, not the kids!)

Ooooh, dh has asked me to go with him to Paris or Cologne or somewhere romantic for a long weekend. I don't know what's gotten into the guy. Next thing you know *I'll* be getting diamonds too. They'll go great with my dishpan hands.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:59 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Sugar, you're so funny

diamonds and dishpan hands, indeed. I'm sure diamonds can enhance anything. Well, I got plenty of chocolate for Christmas, although I have to admit the other categories have been lacking a bit lately.

Peach and Lush, get your butts in here and say something, or you're off my Christmas list. And I was going to get everyone diamonds next year.

Kiwi
Old 01-04-2002, 04:53 PM   #10  

Default Oooh Sugar!

Well, dearie, if you go someplace romantic like Paris, I'm sure you'll get at least one thing on the list

Hi Vi, and welcome to the bovine crowd. You lovelies have a lovely weekend.
Old 01-04-2002, 11:38 PM   #11  

I like all those categories!
Today was nice, my daughter surprised me with a homemade 2 layer chocolate fudge cake with vanilla creme between the layers (early anniversary cake!) HMMMMMMMM!
When I did ww before I did Joyce Vedrals fat burning workout I. It was very doable, even for me. I lost 10 on my own, then joined and lost another 20 lbs! But I plataued just after reaching my 10% goal. I gained and lost the same 2 lbs for 6 months. My group time changed due to other demands (the new group was boring) and eventually I just quit. Too, it was hard for me at the lower point levels because the snack cushion was shrinking. Imagine if I had just maintained my 30 lb loss? My clothes would fit. I think I had unrealistic expectations mid way through the process. One thing I can say is I like ww because I can eat what I want. I feel great with low carbs, but when I tried that all the time, man, I went wild with sweets when I came off. So, now, I love to eat big meals some days and light on others. How about you?
192/162/135 (last time)
?185/ /not sure (this time)

Last edited by viola1; 01-04-2002 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2002, 12:58 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi kids, what day is it?

I was up all night, and I do mean the entire night. Not with insomnia, thank goodness, but making a video for a friend who is going to Australia today and I wanted to send a CD full of video that I took of her sister and nieces when we went to Florida with them. Of course that was approximately 13 months ago, and I could have done it any time, but being who I am I chose to do it between 3 PM yesterday and 10 AM this morning. If I make little sense that is because I am running on fumes

You'd have all been impressed; I was loading video into the computer, editing, saving compressing transferring between the 2 computers, writing onto CDs. It was quite a process. I also got a lot of reading done while the computers were working.

Think I need to crash.

Viola, I've done that particular diet loop you did, without even going to WW. Don't plan on doing it again (I used the "Rotation Diet" starvation plan or something). I have had very good results with keeping minute tabs on my calories, complete with printed forms and computer graphs. That lost me 9 lbs at a very moderate rate, but it is deadly boring and I quit after a few months. Back to frighting weight. Now I'm just concentrating on not gorging with snacks, and getting some kind of activity in. I think low expectations are going to work for me.

Snore, good night cowsies
Kiwi
Old 01-05-2002, 07:48 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default LOW EXPECTATION ARE GOING TO WORK FOR ME!!!

KIWI DARLING!!!!I AM PLANNING ON STEALING YOUR STATEMENT!!!IT IS MY NEW MANTRA----LOW EXPECTATIONS!!!!HEAR ME ROAR!!!!!!!GOTTA GO HAVE A DRINK.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:33 PM   #14  

video girl, I AM IMPRESSED!
Well, I have a 2 day average of 40 pts. Uhhhh, like that is 58 the first day and 22 the second. Trying to slow down today as well. Hmmm, low expectations. Sounds good to me.
Thats it, I have to save my snacks for later in the day! If I start early, I don't stop. I love to snack. I live to snack. MUST HAVE SNACK
Closed Thread