Old 10-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #1  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Default Reaffirm your goal!

OK - don't know about you girls but I've been dieting now for nine months and it's getting hard work!

Just thought I'd make a place for us all to reaffirm why we're here and maybe infuse a little positive energy for those of us that need it.

So, take some time to answer the following questions:

1) Where do you want to be healthwise in a year's time?

2) Why do you want to be there?

3) What are you going to do to make sure you get there?
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:46 PM   #2  
MasterHarper

I want to be wearing a UK size 10, to be about 130 pounds and to look in the mirror and not see my belly sticking out, and to be able to lie down and not feel my flanks spreading out around me. I want a nice new boyfriend (having finally got rid of Mr Married a few weeks ago) who adores me. I want to look so darn sexy I get wolf whistles.

Because I hate being fat - I want to be normal, like other people, and to look good in clothes, and to be able to just pick clothes off the rack and know I'll look good in anything. I want to be happy with my body, not looking sideways at the mirror and picking out all the faults.

I am going to continue with my diet, trying to do more exercise to get toned as well, I am going to try to eat more fruit and drink more water and I am NOT going to fall back into the bad habits of eating when I do get to my goal - I am going to carry on being healthy - don't want to be fat again!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/234/195

Height: 5'6"

Red face

Great questions... Here I go:

I'd like to be at my goal weight, on my way with a healthy pregnancy and feeling great! I'd like to be free to aches and pains that my extra weight has caused. I'd like my spirits to be high and comfortable in my own skin.

Now more than ever I feel aches and pains from being overweight. My lower back, my knees and feet - ouch!!! I am not getting any younger and I want to be able to live the next half (hopefully more) of my life not being so preoccupied with how fat I am. I'd like to be physically fit and feel healthy. Also, I want beautiful clothes, not the ones that I'm subjected to wear because they are in my size.

I'm going to continue going to weight watchers every sat morning at 8am. I'm also going to continue to write down the food that I eat, because that keeps me accountable. I am going to continue to exercise as much as possible and count points daily.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:01 PM   #4  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Where do I want to be (physically) in 1 year's time?

I want to be athletic. That's the best way I can think of to describe it. I want to weigh UNDER 150 lbs for the first time since high school. I want to see muscles in my limbs and stomach. I want to be a runner. I want to be in good enough shape to enjoy exercise. And most of all...I want to buy my first bikini next summer.

Why do I want to be there?

Because I'm tired of feeling inferior. I'm tired of wanting a lover, but being afraid of what he or she would say when s/he saw me naked. I want to be able to do the things I see so many other college women doing, like jogging or running, without being self-conscious about jiggling and panting. I don't want to take a half-hour to get dressed because I'm trying to find something that fits, and even then feeling like "Oh well, I guess that's as good as it gets" when I walk out the door.

What am I going to do to get there?

This is the hard bit. Exercise isn't the hard part for me...it's the eating. I'm going to draw up a menu of healthy lunches and dinners (since I'm already good with breakfasts) and keep it handy so I know what my options are instead of going "there's nothing in the house to eat!" I'm going to wash out my old water bottle, keep it filled and on my desk and carry it with me so I'm better-hydrated. I'm going to stop keeping ice cream in the house. And every craving and urge I get I will balance on the scale of "Does this get me towards my goal?" instead of "can I do another lap tomorrow to make up for it?"
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Wow, great question with wonderful answers that i can totally relate to. I am glad you asked these questions though. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the race that i forget why i am running. So thanks for reminding me.

I would LOVE to be at or near my goal weight. I am going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding in the spring...i do not want to be "the fat bridesmaid". I would love to be free of health issues like diabetes, heart disease, etc. I would love to NOT be able to predict rain with my aching knees.

I am so tired of being the fattest one at any gathering. I want to set a good example of health being a priority to my children so they will value their body and health unlike i have done in the past.

Eat healthy foods. When i do eat sweets it will something that is planned and "worth" the calories. I am going to continue with the cardio and with the theory of moving more than sitting.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

1) Where do I want to be ,healthwise, in a years time?
I want to be at my goal weight or pretty darn close. I want to have a healthy pregnancy, would like to be pregnant within the next year. I want all the acid reflux, sleep apnea, and endometrial hyperplasia caused by the extra weight, GONE.
2)Why do I want to be there?
I want to feel better, to feel healthy. We've been trying to conceive since January with no luck.
3)What am I going to do to make sure I get there?
I am going to continue to calorie count and be aware of what I am eating, making healthier choices. I am going to continue my exercise regimen, but will be replacing the bike with an elliptical once snow flies.
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:51 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7''

1) Where do I want to be, healthwise, in a years time?
I've gotten half way there in the last 7months, so hopefully at my goal weight within the next year. I'd also love to be still running and doing 10k's with ease.

2)Why do I want to be there?
To help out my body to keep me disease free by giving it the healthiest food and exercise I can. To prove to myself and others that I can. Clothes. To improve my confidence.

3)What am I going to do to make sure I get there?
I'm being a good veggie and not the 'cheese sandwich and cornflakes' veggie that I used to be. I'm ensuring that I get all my nutrients healthily and refusing to give into diet pills and scams. I'm keeping up my exercise and increasing the intensity and type of exercise so I don't get bored.

Great thread - really made me think and remember why I'm doing this! thanks!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote