South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 06:27 AM   #1  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday Chat

Good Morning Chickies. I hope that you are all up awake and drinking a BIG cup of Joe this morning.

Here in Central PA it is a brisk wonderful fall morning. A bit chilly at 45 but it is to get to almost 75 today!!!!

Not much new here - at work (for the last 45 minutes) and looking forward to my boss returning today - I don't like it when he isn't here.

Trying to stay OP after this past weekend - did GREAT yesterday - today I didn't get a chance to pack a breakfast - thank god I bring food here to work and leave in the fridge!!!! Eating a tomatoe then will have a cheese stick - will run out at lunch and get a salad - not much open around here this early (w/in a 5 minute drive to work) or lets say nothing open with anything worth eating

Well swing on by and vist and lets chat over a steaming cup of joe . . . .
Old 10-03-2006, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

I only have a moment this morning, I have to take the girls to school. They had a wonderful time at the MoonBounce Park yesterday, I think it's going to be a weekly thing for us during the winter. It's a great way to run around and burn off energy, and everything is thickly padded so it looks pretty safe. We stopped off at a pumpkin patch on the way home and picked several pumpkins to decorate and carve for Halloween. Today is supposed to be warm and sunny, so we'll probably start making our scarecrow after school. We made a great one last year, and I hope we can do even better this year.

RMT, I'm sipping my coffee as I'm posting. I should find something to eat for breakfast before I leave, rather than just eating on the run. I haven't thought about my lunch yet, either, I'd better go see what I can find. Have a good day at work!

Laurie, dear Laurie, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Grandma. I wish I could be with you to give you a big hug and support. You take care, OK?

A big HELLO to everyone else today! I've gotta run for now!
Old 10-03-2006, 07:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm swinging through and grabbing a cup of Joe. (How did it ever get called that?)

Thanks for starting up up, RMT, and for submitting that recipe. Good timing as I have lots of leftover veggies from yesterday's teatime feast at my painting class.

Cottage, pumpkins! I have to get some this week. My DD comes this weekend and it's Canadian Thanksgiving so I need to get the fall decor out.

I woke at 6 and was planning to just lie there contemplating Life when a big T-storm rolled through. Of course the Girls get very indignant over the noise so I had to get up. (I am really trying hard to get over this early morning awakening habit. It's been over eight years since I retired and it is not necessary to wake up at five - especially in winter!)

Busy day again today. Friend Doug will be here at 8:30 to help me finish putting the headboard on the guestroom bed. I just realized it was not bolted on! Hershey goes for a bath at the doggie spa and we go to do our TheraPaws session at Maple View late in the afternoon. I am supposed to attend a Country Christmas Meeting tonight but am opting out - Country Christmas will happen without me. Somewhere in there I need to make some cookie doughs for our Just Cookies Sale on the weekend.

Instead of talking about it, I'll just do it! Catch y'all later! Right now I'm going to set up the October Weightloss Target Sticky as I finish my coffee.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:49 AM   #4  

Did someone say Cawfee???!!!

Bbbbbrrrrrrrr!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!! Yes indeedy FALL is here in NC! All the windows are open and it's 55 degrees here... but it's gonna warm up to 87 ???

RMT: on yer success!!!

Cottage: I think you should be an event planner! You always have something fun going on ! This week I plan on getting out the Fall display of hay bales, pumpkins and scarecrow goards. I have to remove the most sorriest flower bed ever.. I bought one of those "Magic Flower Carpets" .. and grew weeds and the most anemic flowers from it...

Ok Gals, time to pad out to the deck, fill me lungs with the cool air and enjoy my !
Old 10-03-2006, 08:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies - I'm tiiiiiiiiiiired - and had a bad dream right before I woke up that I was super stressed trying to set up showings for these clients I am meeting with today. So woke up feeling disoriented, but it's coffee for me and then Body Pump at 815. Super stoked that the scale is finally starting to move - I guess the last 10 pounds as they say move REALLY slowly although being back on Phase 1 is definitely helping. I know I'm eating more beans than I'm supposed to but since I'm not eating meat I HAVE to make up the protein somewhere. Interesting how each time going back on phase 1 is easier....

I don't want to go to work! First day back is always SO hard after vacation!

Morning RMT - Good job hopping back on the beach! I know the weekends are the hardest time for me!

Cottage - Sounds like you have a lovely day planned! I can't believe it's already October and that Halloween is just around the corner!

Rutb - Our puppies are the same way, especially my little guy - He get's SO freaked out by thunder and starts shaking and wining and just wants to be near us - as annoying as it is it's just so darn cute!

Schatzi - Enjoy your cup-a jo!

Everyone else have a great day!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #6  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Posting a little earlier today than my post yesterday. I was just so busy and my boss was in the office so I could never get online without another file being shoved on my desk.

Ah but alas its a quiet morning and I'm sitting back and enjoying my omelet and salad with snow peas in peace.

I just realized my buddy hasn't sent me a PM in the past week. I sure hope she's ok. Anywho... in case anyone missed my big news yesterday, I did get off that hump of being 202.5 forever. As of last Saturday I'm 197.5 I might actually make my 6 weeks goal or pass it That would be nice.

I did finish watching Inside Man last night.... very very good movie. You all sould check it out if you're into the cops and robbers / negotiator type thing.

Well time to go print a million reams of paper today and get mailing out the bills. Hope you ladies have a good morning! I'll be checking in later.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

RMT: WTG getting back on track! Good job yesterday staying OP!!

Cottage: Pumpkins and a scarecrow sound like a lot of fun! DH LOVES this time of year (don't tell him, but I think it's really cute)! We'll be putting up our decorations soon, I'm sure. If you carve a pumpkin now, will it last until halloween?

Ruth: I think it's great that you opted out of the Country Christmas. You seem to run around like a mad-woman sometimes! Enjoy your evening at home. What is TheraPaws?

Schatzi: Enjoy your cuppajoe! Hope it's not too chilly out on the deck...can I join you instead of going to work?

Sarah: Ugh, don't you HATE going back after all that fun? I hope your day isn't too stressful!

Chellez: Way to go! I bet you feel great getting past that 200 mark!! Keep up the great work!!

Laurie: Please accept my condolences regarding your grandmother. Grandmothers are always the most wonderful people and I'm sorry you've lost yours. Please have a BIG hug!!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

What am I doing here? I HAVE to get in the shower....

Morning girlies. I started doing my crunches again last night and BOY am I out of shape! I got to 250 and had to stop and I'm really sore today. I'm doing this right this month though. No weddings to mess me up. Just Halloween candy but if I don't buy it, I won't have to eat it.

Not much to report over here. Just wanted to pop in and say helloooo. Have a great day chickies! I'm off to get ready for work.

Lisa
Old 10-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I just realized that, in my rush to get ready for work, I forgot to tell you all what's going on with me! I got up and did 30 minutes on the treadmill and a weight circuit (called the body-type circuit) that took about 30 minutes. Whew, Lisa, I WISH I could do 250 crunches!! Part of the circuit is sit-ups, and I could only do 5. That's okay, I'll work my way up.

Still stuffing and folding statements, there are a total of 20,000. Man, that's a lot!! A coworker and I stayed late last night to get some more done. No overtime, being that I'm salary, but it counts for comp time that I can use for Thanksgiving.

Well, I hope everyone's day is Beachin'! (Are you getting tired of my corny endings?)

~Kim
Old 10-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #10  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Kim - I know how you feel about those crunches.... I carry all my weight on my lower half so its hard to get up very high for me before my big belly gets in the way. No fear! Hopefully it will all wash away soon.

I do a lot of exercise in the gym at the apartment (even though I pay monthly for a 3 year Bally's membership I regret.) When we went out to Best Buy on Saturday I picked up a DVD from Jennifer Gardinelie (not sure about the last name) Anyway she's a great dance instructor and I did a routine of hers I saw on FitTV a while back and loved it.

I was really suprised on how many fitness DVDs they carry at BB. There's a great series for those of us that seem to never have time.... It's called 10 minute solutions. There's like 5 to 7 different 10 minute segments and you can select them in whatever order you want at the beginning and it just plays straight through automatically. I thought that was pretty neat. Maybe you will too!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #11  

Morning!

Quick post and then I will be back in a bit to respond individually. DD and I are heading to the library, while DH stays home with Megan who is napping. HE is off today and is going for a 4th job interview. (with the same company)Please pray that he either gets this or that we make a wise decision about what he should do. Our financial situation has GOT to improve!!

I will catch up with gals later- storytime awaits us!!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Well... things are alittle crazy here at work. I am having trouble remembering to eat! It is a beautiful day outside though... I think I might go grad some lunch and talk a walk around the park before coming back to my desk. I also haven't exercised since last Friday! I need to get back on track. I was looking at the exercise challenge... what do I have to do?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #13  

Okay, I am back. Megan really needs to be down for her afternoon nap, but I am helping a friend today with pick up of her son from Mother's Day Out. Her other son (they are 3 year old twins) had eye surgery this morning. Her mom is here to care for the other kids, but doesn't drive. We will pick him up shortly and then be home for naps. I think I will take one myself!

Shenanigans I need to forget to eat from time to time, maybe that would help me out some!!

Cottage I need to get up into our attic and dig out our Halloween stuff. My 4 1/2 year old totally gets into that! I love fall and can't wait until it permanantly cools down here.

Weezle My abs hurt just thinking about 250 crunches. Exercise has certainly been lacking here.

Chellez One-derland!! Way to go!!!!

Ruth, Schatzers, RMT, Kim, and Sarah Hope that you are having a marvelous SBD day!!

I am making the Salsa Baked Chicken for dinner tonight. I made the Stuffed Peppers last night- forgot how delish they are! I have Bible study tonight, so we will eat an early dinner. DH is home tonight, so they will have playtime with daddy rather than go to the church nursery.

DH is at his interview right now, keep your fingers crossed for us!!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #14  

Ruth (or one of the other mods) - When you get a chance, could you unsticky the Sept Exercise Challenge and then sticky the October one? Thanks!

shenanigans - All you have to do for the exercise challenge is choose a goal and then post your exercise. You can copy the entry that I have added and then modify it. It REALLY helps me if you total your time as you go so I don't have to total it when I figure out the Exercise Queen. Every time you exercise, you just go in and edit your post to add your exercise.

My weight is up a bit from the campout and the sodium in my shrimp stir fry I made last night. I really need to get back to regular exercising again but it's just been so busy. Tonight I'll get some walking as Brian and I go to sell popcorn but then we have a den meeting.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Someone please carry me out on a stretcher? 250 crunches was probably a bit optimistic... as the day has gone on, I can barely sit up. Owieeee. (WHINEEEE.) That's the extent of my exercise for this month. Maybe I'll hop on the stationary bike tonight, or maybe it'll hurt too much to sit up. Who knows?

And I do my crunches with my tired old trick: Everytime there's a commercial break, I do as many as I can without dying, which is 25. Then it doesn't feel like you're doing as many. So if you can do 5 at one time, do 5, but do 5 every time there's a commercial break. Next week, try doing 10 during the commercials every break. You'll be doing plenty of crunches and it doesn't feel as scary as 250 sound.

I'm 100% starved. I don't know what I'm going to have for dinner but a salad with lf cottage cheese and sunflower seeds will start it all off. Hope everyone has had a lovely day! Talk soon!

Lisa
Closed Thread