Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-02-2006, 08:43 AM   #1  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

Default Going to Vegas

I have a new motivation now. A friend asked me to go to Vegas with her in May or June of next year. I have never been there but I have wanted to go for a long time. Problem is she wants to hang out and tan by the pool. She is stick skinny and always tan (which hasn't done good things aging wise). I am big and very pale.
I am an on and off dieter. Lost 30 pounds this year but nothing the last month or so. Now I have a very attainable 5 pound a month goal. By then I could be bathing suit ready (a one piece mind you) and about 140. Not really up for the tanning so maybe I'll send the time in the pool.
It feels nice to have a truly attainable goal, one that I don't have to kill myself to do. So goal for October 174.5.
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/146/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi! Congrats on the 30lb loss! You are going to have a great time in Vegas! Going there is a good motivation to lose more, I love to have things like that to keep me going, but don't feel like you have to be stick thin to go there and have fun. I've been to Vegas three times in the past two years and let me tell you there are all kinds of people there. Young, old, fat, thin, people from all over the world. I was a lot heavier the first two times I went there and I had just as much fun as this last time when I had lost more weight. On my first time there I was a little intimadated, and my husband reminded me that no one there knew me and that we'd never see these people again and he was right and I did relax and have a blast. So, good luck with your goal and go and have lots of fun!
LuvVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #3  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

Sounds like you have a good plan set up for yourself! 5lbs a month is very managable and it will happen, as long as you make it happen.

Vegas is alot of fun! I loved it there when I went in September 04. I wanna go back.
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #4  

Be sure to watch the david copperfield magic show in MGM grand!!! or KA (cirque du soleil)... the shows there are just great! Also visit paris paris/venetian (the sky is artificial inside and u wont even know how late at night it is....)

I know one of the hotels has a wave pool...have fun! also if you have time, grand canyon is not that far!

I think this will be a great way to set a weight loss goal and u can also reward urself if u acheive the goal!!! may be setting aside somemoney for gambling
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:22 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I also recommend the Cirque du Soleil...GREAT show! Stay away from the slots. If you get rooked into those, you'll never leave them, and you'll miss a lot. Just like I did. LOL Been there twice. Was over $400 in the hole both times I left. And...I was over 250 lbs. both times I went. Course, I was at the slots and not sitting poolside.

Maybe this is old hat to some people, but you never know...

If you're playing the slots, the drinks are free. After I'd turned down drinks all week, intending to save my funds for the slots instead, the last day there, I found out there was no charge for them as long as I was playing. DO'H!
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote