Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-27-2006, 12:52 AM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default Just a little self esteem boost!

DD came home from school this afternoon with four tickets to the baseball game. Students at her middle school earned them by maintaining a 4.0 gpa for the entire first grading period of the school year.

We went into downtown and ended up parking about a 10-15 minute walk away from the gates. We walked in and were getting ready to head to our seats which were at the top of the stadium. You know, those ramps that seem to go up forever? Yeah, we had to hike all the way to the top. No big deal. The big deal came for me when we were just starting up the ramp. This woman whose daughter goes to school with mine was just starting up the ramp as well. She's forever telling people how they should take care of themselves, get into shape, etc. She honestly weighs about 120, just a little more than 1/2 of my current weight. Well, we went up the ramp pretty much side by side and I did awesome! No shortness of breath, not sweating, etc. I feel like my 2.75 mile walks are doing some good! I hate to be petty and tell the rest of this, but I'm sure you all can relate. I looked over at this woman and she was complaining about how hot she was from the walk up the ramp. She was breathing very heavily and perspiring heavily too. I seriously wanted to tell her to take some of her own advice next time, but instead I just told her to enjoy the game and went to our seats!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I can relate, that must have felt great. WTG.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #3  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Talking

I can totally relate. WTG on making it all that way without too much effort.

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

That is awesome, I bet that felt great!! WTG, you can see progress in getting healthy and fit, no matter what you're weight!! Being thin does not necessarily mean you are healthy. I'm sure she noticed that you weren't having any trouble getting up the stairs.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

WOW! Good for you, proving thin doesn't always mean healthy
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:56 PM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Thanks all! I know I definitely felt good when I got to the top of the ramp. Good about ME, not necessarily that I did better than someone else...know what I mean?!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #7  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Good for you! Know how that step thing goes.

No reason to feel like you're being bad for comparing to the other woman! It's human nature and especially for those of us that have come from behind as it were. You have a right to be proud, you've done a lot of work to get there.

Enjoy!
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #8  

And, no, you are not being "petty" at all...it's these little triumphs that keep us all going...glad you shared it!!
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #9  
Princess Pudge

S/C/G: 100kg/100kg/65kg

good for you! the petty one is the other lady for constantly telling others how to live and not living those words herself! well done
spanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Way to go! You're not petty. We all have those moments. You deserve it!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote