Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 07:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default Weekly weigh-in Dec. 24-Dec. 30

Ok friends. I've noticed this thread has fallen by the wayside. Did it get lost too in finding its way back? I think not. We haven't been doing that well in reporting our gains and losses. I know seeing these when I first started was pure inspiration for me, so I'll start this. I weighed in last Thursday and I gained .2 pounds (which is great for me because I had 3 Christmas parties in one week and the third was on my weigh in day!!!) So I knew the scales would show a gain.
So I'm now at 275.6 and will be reporting a loss this Thursday because I plan on staying OP until then (minus today of course, but I planned for that since starting WW.)

Don't be ashamed to report your gains. It will help to hold you accountable so you know you need to work harder eating healthy.
Dawnyal
Old 12-25-2001, 02:24 PM   #2  

Thumbs down

I had a bit of a setback last week in that I gained 2 lbs. I fell off program a bit and I was on my cycle. I'm back on program this week with a goal to lose 2.6 pounds. That would make my end of year goal. I will be going off program for Christmas dinner, but I will be sensible. I did some Christmas morning yoga and man it made me feel so good! I don't know why I don't do it everyday. Got in my workout Mon. and Tues, I will do Adv. step for about an hours. Getting my water in -- we'll see what happens on Saturday.

BTW, Happy Holidays to all!

Mello1

308/294.4/291.8/150
Old 12-26-2001, 07:29 AM   #3  

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

I'm down to 176. Not quite as low as I wanted to be for Christmas, but not bad for this year. It's almost a year since I started this now, and I've lost 84.5lbs, but I am never quite satisfied!!

I'm hoping to hit the sales tomorrow though... I think I deserve it after a tough year. Hopefully, by this summer I will actually be somewhere near goal.

TC guys, enjoy the rest of the holidays, and don't feel guilty about enjoying your food for a few days!

Karen
260.5/176/140
Old 12-26-2001, 04:09 PM   #4  
October, here I come!

I weighed in last Thursday (12/20/01) and lost 7 lbs. I know this is probably the end of the water weight, and things are going to slow down, but it still feels great. I have lost 16.5 lbs so far.
Old 12-28-2001, 07:28 AM   #5  
October, here I come!

Unhappy Weigh in #4

I weighed in yesterday and lost 4 lbs. That is 20.5 so far. I know that this is better than gaining, but I guess I am a little bummed about how long it is going to take me to get down to my ideal weight. If I do the recommended 2 lbs/week, it would be 1 1/2 years! and that is with losing 2 lbs EVERY week, which I know is impossible. I kinda thought since I was so heavy that it would be easy (and not that bad for you either) to lose 5 lbs/week for a while. Just for another 2 months. Then I would be okay with 4 lbs/week. I think one of the reasons I didn't lose a lot was because I haven't really been eating breakfast and lunch, and I suppose my metabolism slowed down during the day. This week, my goal is to eat 3 minimeals during the day, and a small dinner (as opposed to what I have been having).

Is there anyone out there who was successful at losing 4 lbs + each week?
Old 12-28-2001, 01:56 PM   #6  

Amata: starving yourself is not the answer for long term weight loss. It
took you a lifetime to get to your current
weight and if it only takes 1 1/2 yrs to take it off,...that's pretty great. Because
in that 1 1/2 years, you willhave learned
lessons in eating to last you a lifetime.
Yes, there were weeks that I'd lose 4lbs
and then I'd stagnate at no weight loss for weeks after that. Then boom.. again
another 3-4 lbs loss. Sometimes, going
up and then losing again. The important thing is not to give up.

Baylee...welcome to our club.
With all those tapes and exercise, you'll
be losing in no time!! I'm lucky to walk and get up and down the subway steps
let along kicking up at tae bo. I'd probably throw my back out of whack.
Many years ago...in my 'thin' days, I did a lotus position and my knees locked on me and I got stuck!! What
a riot, especially trying to untie myself!
What is CAD diet? I'm on Weight
Watchers myself and down 69 lbs.
Still have another 100lbs to go. But
the going will be great sharing with all of you. It's a longterm commitment that we all share here. Good luck.
Old 12-29-2001, 12:42 PM   #7  

Talking

Weighed today, lost that 2 lbs. I gained last week. Came up short on the NY's goal by only .6 of a pound, but I'm not sweating it. I will make the next milestone!

308/292.4/280/150
Old 12-29-2001, 01:33 PM   #8  
hot mom wanna be!

Talking I'm a loser!!

In a good way! I lost 3.6 pounds this week. So I only have 1.8 pounds to go to get to my new years day goal/Is it possible in three days? I hope so, and if not I wont sweat it either-just losing and not gaining it back has been an accomplishment for me this year

Amata-I know it seems like forever to think of it taking a year or more. I feel the same way. This year starting on Jan 1st I have lost 38.2 pounds by losing, maintaining for a while and trying to lose some more. I still have to lose 114 pounds to get to my goal weight of 160 (I'm 5'9 and would be thrilled to weigh 160!) I know I could probably lose 114 in a year but I would be really pushing it. I would be happy to get to 200 and then lose the last 40 in 2003. think of it as atleast you arent gaining and the scale is headed in the right direction!! good luck to you!!

Karen-Wow! You have done awesome to lose that in a year. I am really motivated to see someone who weighs less than me and they can lose that much-why cant I?? There is no reason why I cant!! keep up the good work and you will get to goal in no time.

good luck to us all!

lorelei
(313/274.8/273 new years goal)
Old 12-31-2001, 11:21 AM   #9  

Baylee - thanks for your congrats. Coming here has helped me a lot, and at times, kept me going. This year has been so tough, but I'm still plugging away! I'm not following any particular programme - as boring as it sounds, less food and more exercise really has worked for me. The key to it all being PATIENCE. Looking at numbers and seeing how big the task looks is so, SO disheartening. Many times I've cried, felt sorry for myself, and wanted to give up. It would have been so easy to give up as well... but then I'd never have forgiven myself.

Thanks Lorelei - I'm sure you can do this, you just need to keep on going through the hard times. Don't give up on yourself.

I've been terrified that the Christmas period would really set me back/put a stop to all the good work I've done this year. To my surprise and delight, it's made no difference whatsoever, and I've actually lost another 2.5 this week. I need to find out where I can safely draw the line with food and stop obsessing about it, I guess.

I'm proud of you all for still being here, and still carrying on - I know it's not been easy, and I know sometimes there are things that matter far more to us than weight and scales. That is as it should be, of course. We all know though, that we've got to have time for ourselves... to make ourselves happy and to be proud of ourselves.

Sorry for getting on my soap box, guys!!

Keep on going, you're doing a great job.

Karen
260.5/173.5/140
Old 12-31-2001, 07:47 PM   #10  

Well, my first weigh in for my new year, and I have to report a gain! I think I was retaining water, since I have been eating to much salt lately! But, I have a new, and unfortunately worse starting weight, of 229, a gain of 2 lbs.

Nicole
251/229/220/150
Old 12-31-2001, 09:01 PM   #11  

Question Mind if I join?

I've just joined this board and I ran across this post. This is so good for me. This gets me motivated. I weigh 280 and need to loose about 120 lbs.
Closed Thread