Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #168 Bale of Turtles cookin' up a storm!

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all.!
Judy Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren!)
Old 09-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #2  
Chick

HI Turtles,
I was able to start this new thread, but I encourage you to check back in thread 167 because a lot of important information was written right at the very end.
Ariana, I am so glad your doc thinks you are fine. It must be a huge relief. I am also so proud of you that you continue to lose weight even though you've had this huge challenge hanging over your head. Good for you.
Princess, hope you had a good one.
Chris, Yes, it looks like it's time to clue in the rest of your family that you are extremely busy and may not be able to bail them out all the time. It shouldn't be assumed that you'll be able to do it all.

I've used up all my 35 points for the week and WI is on Wed. morning so I am working really hard at staying on Core. Wish me luck because I'd love to get a weight loss this week. PS My dd and I went bridal gown shopping yesterday and got a gown for her that is spectacular. I am so happy for her.
Judy
Old 09-24-2006, 05:34 PM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I need to sit down and define my weight loss goals again, and come up with a menu plan, exercise plan, etc and just stick to the D*mn thing. Not doing so hot with it. I wish their was a website that offered WW menus that was also free.... If anyone knows of one, let me know.

I'm going...gotta fold some laundry.

chris
Old 09-24-2006, 06:42 PM   #4  
Chick

Gee Chris,
I don't know about menus, but 3fatchicks has fabulous recipes that are WW friendly and right on the WW site on 3fat.... there is a recipe thread that is really great.
Can you make it simple right now and have stock ingredients in the house like eggs, skim milk, LF cereal for breakfast, have low point bread available for toast in the morning and/or a sandwich for lunch. Keep stocked up on tuna and lean meats, fruit and lots of veggies--frozen ones are great because they don't go bad. Make up a soup for yourself to keep in the fridge and that will help you with the munchies. I know you can do this.
and you can do this!
Judy
Old 09-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

One of my problems with dieting, well eating(period) is that I am allergic to yeast and wheat. That cuts out alot of options.

Hubby is breathing down my neck. He has some auctions ending on eBay. Gotta go. LOL

chris
Old 09-25-2006, 10:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday!

Morning all, I hope that everyone had a great weekend... and thanks to everyone for their supportive words - Judy and Ariana - I really appreciate your support and words of wisdom.

The weigh in went ok... not what I had hoped for but I will take it and keep going... I was down 3.2 lbs but needed 6 to hit my halfway point... I had not W/I last week due to the bike tour and my scale really lead me to believe that I was down 6 or just about 6 lbs. But the scale lied . But I will take it and I got another star since I had hit my 30 lb mark.

We did end up going out to supper and it was nice... I got some new winter sweaters and a gift card for my birthday and they were all much needed gifts so I was very happy.

I have to run but will check back in later on!
Susan
Old 09-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone & Happy Birthday Princess - hope you had a great day.

Judy - good luck with keeping on track til Wed - I know you can do it.

Survived my hotel stay & went to curves 2 times in Toronto & walked there as well. Got in some swimming as well. Missed my w/i but hopefully will have some loss this Friday.

Everyone sounds motivated, so keep up the good work & talk soon.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #8  

Chrily -- thank you. I appreciate it. And I think it might help to be straightforward with your siblings and friends, and make it known that you're feeling the strain...keep it non-argumentative, and they may respond well. It's worth a try. Women in general are not good at saying No, and it's something we all need to learn to do for our own sanity. Re WL plan: Judy had some great suggestions. I would also go so far as to suggest doing some healthy food prep on the weekend -- i.e. I cut up fruits and veggies for the week on the weekend, even pre-wash fruit like apples -- I find that, the easier it is to eat my fruits and veggies, the more likely I am to eat them. I also agree with Judy's suggestion of keeping it simple -- each meal does not have to be a complex affair, cereal or instant (no sugar or weight loss type) oatmeal is good for breakfast, etc. -- I used to eat veggie soup and a 1-pt tortilla with LF cheese for a slim lunch. Also, if there are many sugary temptations in your house, you may see if you can eliminate them, if that's your thing, or keep a healthier substitute around (i.e. I keep blue bunny ice cream bars in the fridge, no pudge brownie mix (instant/one serving) in the pantry and dark chocolate kisses (one for lunch, one for dinner) -- and nothing more -- I don't keep regular fat ice cream or sweets anywhere in sight. The closest I come is a box of regular brownie mix for an unexpected potluck.)

Princess: Happy Belated Birthday! 3.2 pounds is great, even over two weeks -- 1.65 pounds a week is GREAT! You don't want to lose it too fast anyway, your skin doesn't adapt as well to rapid weight loss.

Bandit: Glad you survived your hotel stay and did some workout.

As for me, ladies, not much is new...I went a greek festival Saturday night, mostly eating and watching people do greek dances. I didn't go crazy, and it was my SHD, so that should be okay. Did a little shopping on Sunday, didn't eat at the food court (another victory), and didn't spend more money than I intended (and another victory.) Got a little sewing in last night, and finished my current scrap quilt -- I thought I sent the picture to myself here at work, but I guess not -- I'll show it to you guys later this week. Other than that, nothing new.

Take care, ladies, TTYL!

Judy -- thank you very much. It is a big relief! And thank you -- the WL is nice, all things considered...working out and sewing was definitely a sanity saver during the last few weeks, and especially last week. Good luck with sticking to core. It must be hard -- I admire you for doing it.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:46 PM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, Congrats on having such a nice and a great weight loss. It is wonderful that you are down more than 32#. You are doing great. I remember when you joined this site and now here you are down so much in weight. Weigh to go! I know the frustration with the home scale and ww's scale. I finally put my scale in the closet--it's a smaller version of the doctor type and I thought it was pretty accurate. Well, it was setting me up. If I did well and didn't lose, I'd question whether I could lose weight. If I lost weight on my scale, then I'd relax for the next few days and then lose the momentum I had had going to lose weight. Egads. So, for now I've got it in my closet and I hope to keep it there. The last two Tuesdays I got it out to see how I was doing and that didn't work because the scale was out of balance from being dragged back and forth . LOL

Bandit, wow! You really worked the program although you were away from home. I think that's fabulous! WEigh to go! And good luck on your upcoming WI. :

Ariana, you've got lots of good ideas. When you help Chris, you help me too because you are offering new ideas or helping out by reminding me of things that I used to do that work. Keep up the good work.

Chris, here's a to keep you going.

All of us--lets keep on keepin' on and be well and happy.
Judy
Old 09-26-2006, 08:41 AM   #10  

Judy: I agree, scales are the most difficult things! As always, thanks for your encouraging words, they mean a lot to me.

Ariana: I forgot to tell you how happy I was to hear your news that the doctors think that all is well. You know, the same thing happened to me, they could feel it but it did not show up on the mammogram. I will tell you what the doctor in the radiology office told me... cause mine actually hurt at one point... He told me that while he was not telling me to take it or supporting it in anyway that many of his other clients that had similiar situations as me took and swore by an herbal suppliment call "Evening Primrose Oil" (EPO) he said that it was known to reduce the discomfort that the lumps or whatever could cause. So I bought some and have been taking it ever since... I don't have the pain or discomfort at all anymore, not sure if you had that side effect or not but it was a big relief to me. I guess the EPO has a anti inflamatory and bit of blood thining abilities and it really helps keep the lumps down and takes care of any discomfort associated with them. My last mammo was clear and he said that the breast tissue was in very good shape so it must be working somewhat since I had been told before that my breast tissue was very dense.

Chris: how are you doing?

Have to run but will check back later on.
Susan
Old 09-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Morning...((YAWN)) I'm back at my sister's house and watching the 3 littlest ones while they are at work and the other kids are at school. I did talk to my sister about next week and told her I can't babysit for her. She's going to check with her MIL and see if she can make some other arrangements. I told her it was too much and that I had a family and a house and homework that need my attention too. Let see if she got the hint.

I'm going to the dr. today for my back finally. I'll see if they can't figure out something. It hurts pretty much 24/7 anymore. Part of it might be from stress. who knows. Of course, I got blasted with another stressor last night. DH got called last night by an old friend (female) that is in town and wants to see him. I asked him if he was going to see her and he said no. It's not really her I'm worried about, it's her friend. Her friend was my Dh's old girlfriend. I guess I'm just a worrier. I don't feel that confident about myself and that translates to not feeling confident about everything else.

Enought of my private life. I did get to the gym last night and walked on the treadmill for 35 min. I read my textbook while my sister lifted weights. I wasn't going to do anymore damage to my back. And...BONUS!!! I only at 28 pts yesterday. I measured everything and stayed away from the bad food . Today I'm trying to behave too. I doubt I'll get to the gym tonight but I think I'll just walk on the treadmill at home.

Gotta go. I need to read my Economics, History, English and Accounting chapters. Nothing like a good book! or two! or three!

chris
Old 09-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

OMG! Next blow. DH just called me. He got suspended from his job with pay, pending an investigation. Him and another tech haven't been doing their daily deposits and so they got suspended. DH usually makes his deposits once a week because it is just too time consuming to do it everyday. Granted he is really super disorganized and I've told him that he needs to keep his stuff straightened out and together so maybe that's part of it. Anyhow, He is p.oed, and I feel like I swallowed that damn rock again. When in the world are things going to get better.

Gonna go...

Chris
Old 09-27-2006, 09:23 AM   #13  

Default Happy Wednesday all.

Happy hump day! It is a very pretty day here in Indy this morning but I hear that we have some nice large, hail filled storms on the way for later today... should be fun.

Well I worked out last night and increased the weight amount so I am really feeling it in my back today... ouch! But as always it lets you know that you are moving in the right direction so as long as it follows a work out and is not too bad... is it a productive pain. And I really pushed my muscles to a new limit in my Monday night Pilates class and tried to us a much higher level of control so I am feeling a bit of that also today. Aleve here I come =)

DH and DS had it in their heads that they wanted to go to Skyline Chili last night for their all you can eat thing that they do every Tuesday night so I had jumped on Dotties website to check out my options in the restaurant section (very handy tool) and found out that my options were very limited so I had a deluxe burrito for a whopping 15 points and went home hungry... they on the other hand went home with full bellies after stuffing themselves with a bunch of 3-way chilis... I am supposed to meet friends for supper this evening and have looked at the menu for the place that we are going and they have better options but I still need to really watch my points during the day today to accomidate the higher then normal ones at supper.

Chris: That is just gut wrenching about your DH... I fear that all the time with my DH or with me... we could not lose a paycheck right now... at least he is being paid for his time off but I know that does not make it easier on you. Best wishes for a good outcome.

Judy: How are you doing this week?

Ariana: I'll bet you are busy with work again... looking forward to seeing pictures of your quilt.

Bandit: What is new in your neck of the woods?

Have to run but will check in later on.
Susan
Old 09-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - just chugging along up here. Nice sunny day today.

Last night my gf came over for our weekly dinner & we walked to nearby restaurant & I had a big salad with side veggies & it was very filling & I had some leftovers of the salad which I brought for lunch today. So, good choice for me at restaurant.

This weekend is the Breast Cancer Walk which I am walking with a group from my Curves - so that should be lots of fun.

Hoping for a good w/i on Fri since I think I have been pretty good this week.

Hope everyone else is OP & having fun doing it.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:07 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

I think DH has decided that even if they let him come back,he's not going to. Their policies are getting ridiculous and he's about had it with all of it. He was even telling me about a meeting they had a month ago. All the technicians had to sign papers that stated they were not allowed to drink anything while driving, use their cellphones, have their computer terminals open, etc. or they can be terminated. How stupid is that? Anyhow, we do have our own appliance repair business that he started last year so he's just going to pump that up and fly on his own. The hard part is insurance. No one wants to cover a self-employed person who has a wife with rheumatoid arthritis. I guess that's one of those no no disease they hate to cover. We can get it at a higher premium through Blue Cross but I'd be on a rider where I'd have to be a pre-existing condition for a year without coverage. Probably better than nothing.

Anyhow....we are okay with whatever outcome happens. His district manager had him empty his van out and took his keys and cellphone yesterday.

I did get to my chiropractor visit yesterday. Not really a believer in them and frankly the guys scare me but I went. It hurt like h*ll when he cracked my lower back into place and it was LOUD but I can bend today and it didn't hurt as much sleeping. He said to give it a couple days because my muscles were so tight that they're going to be sore.

Well I better get back to my homework. I have all the 3 littlest kids again today for awhile so I use this time to kind of catch up on my homework.

Chris
Closed Thread