Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:40 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thumbs up September mini-challenge!

I'm starting this a day early as I am going away for the weekend and won't have time to set up tomorrow.

Fall always means a fresh start (still got the Back to School mentality after all these years! )

If you would like to join in the challenge just post your personal goals for the month.

My personal goals this month are:

1) Continue eating vegetarian meals during the week

2) Try a couple of new vegetarian recipes

3) Prepare my pantry and freezer for fall, i.e. stock up on staples and blanch and freeze seasonal veggies and fruit to enjoy over the winter, make and freeze some homemade soups, stews, casseroles etc.

4) Get in a least 30 minutes of exercise daily

5) Do 15 minutes of meditation each morning to start the day off
Old 08-31-2006, 02:58 PM   #2  
Opulent

Very healthy goals, Mauvaisroux!

Here are mine:

I am going to work out at least 3 times a week with my daughter and will work out on my own at least 2 other times by myself.

I am going to take a NIA, Pilates, Yoga or Tai Chi class at least once during the week as well as an Aqua class. This is my minmum and I will be adding other classes as my schedule allows.

My priorities are to get my body and my home in shape while maintaining all A's in school this semester and to only work with clients 2 days a week.

I will continue to finish eating for the day before 7pm.

I will continue to eat a whole-foods, vegan diet (not a DIET, just my way of eating really).

I will get to the Dr. as often as I need to to care for my current health issues.

I will see the acupuncturist once a week throughout the month.

I will enjoy the process and be PROUD of myself!
Old 08-31-2006, 04:07 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

This month I am ready to join again. I want to lose at least 5 lbs, more would be better. Continue working out, I'd like to up it to 3 - 4 times a week. Keep up with my food journal (next appt w/ nutritionist is 9/13)

Fall always makes me want to reconnect to the earth, so I am going to be thinking of ways I can get away and out into nature and reconnect spritually as well. Meditation is a good idea, Mauv, I think I'm going to try that. But probably in the evening after work.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #4  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

This September my goals are:

*meditate daily
*stop late night binge eating
*become better at getting up for my morning workout
Old 09-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #5  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Lightbulb

Just realized I hadnt posted any goals for Sept - must be because I was gone - duh. LOL

Well -since I now only have 12 lbs to go to reach my weight goal - it is time to get serious about toning. All the walking/hiking has been working wonders on the thighs and calves but the butt is holding out as well as the pot belly.

So for Sept:
minimum 3 lbs (always hope for 5)
Toning the below areas:
Measurements 9-4-06:
Hips/Belly (not waist): Sucked in: 41
Butt: Fullest: 43
Saddle Bags: Feet together under Butt widest:42.5
Currently in a 16 pant comfortably, and can wear a 14 and still breathe.
Reality: I want to be comfortable in a 14 while being able to breath in a 12.
Fantasy: a 12 is loose and I can squeeze into a 10 (note the last time I could wear a 10 was in junior high and I wasnt this tall.)
Old 09-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #6  

Great goals everyone!

So far this week I've been sticking to my food plan but need to work on the exercise.

I am signing up for my belly dance class next week and DH and I will also be returning to yoga class. I can't wait!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #7  

Opposite for me. Been sticking to the exercise plan but not the diet... it's hard to stay away from food at work and people wanting to go out etc. I'm havinng a tough time of it.
I need to step it up on the food, and a little more on the exercise too. Hubby has been going every day, no fail. I can't seem to make myself do that.. I need to work up to it, but he doesn't understand. (men) But I have been doing 5 to 6 times a week which is a lot better than the 0 i was doing in July...

For meditation/spirituality.. I have been working on a sewing project to make a wheel of the year. So far I like it and it is nice to sit and hand sew... focusing on something outside of my internal dialog is a good thing.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #8  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Well I wore my 14's all day during my 6 mile hike and was quite comfortable. They could be a bit looser in the waist but if I keep my tummy muscles sucked in (good habit anyway) they feel good.

I have a goddess work out tape that is belly dancing. I want to do that at least once a week - I need to talk the friends into helping.

The more exercise I get, the more food I eat, but I know my overall calories are still low for the kind of physical activity I am doing (or the scale wouldnt go down).

I also need to work on crunches - very simple - there was a time when a few crunches every day - took a couple inches off my belly just in muscle tightening. I just have to do it.

I boxed up all my hiking gear and put it in the back of my truck for convenience and to get it out of the living room. I traded packs with my hubby since his is designed better and is lighter and has the features I wanted to add to mine. Just made more sense to switch since he hardly uses his.

Now I have room to exercise - no more excuses.

Old 09-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #9  

well i've had an iffy week for food, but i still managed to lose 2 more lbs. yay. I am still struggling with the fact that I don't feel any smaller and on some days i feel larger! Plus I'm also having a hard time dealing with the fact that I've only lost 10 lbs and my husband has lost about 25... in the same time frame. I know men lose weight faster and easier but every time he has a scale victory I feel like he's rubbing it in my face... I need to figure out a way to work on that I guess. but yay 2 lbs. Next week I need to work on eating better and keep up the exercise.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 246/244.2/146

Height: 5'8"

Default Salut!

Hi everyone, I'd like to join this thread! I'm new here and looking for a niche to slide into I've been looking and this seems more my style!

My goals for the (rest of) September are:
Fitness:
1) Eat fish for a meal 1x per week
2) Ride my bike to class 2x per week minimum
3) Do 2 abs or core related exercise per week
4) Cut back "eating out" to 2x per week only
5) Prepare meals/snacks for next day on the evenings before
6) Take multivitamin each day
7) Eat at least 2 vegs & 2 fruits per day
8) oh and lose 4-5lbs (I want to lose 20lbs in the next 10wks)

Personal:
1) Finish unpacking my apartment
2) Do readings for classes before related lecture session.
3) Study French at least 1hr everyday

I hope for the rest of this month I can stick to these and next month build upon them or move on to others. I will post back and let you know my success and adjustments.

Last edited by CherryCrush; 09-11-2006 at 08:35 PM. Reason: add Fitness goal 8
Old 09-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #11  

Welcome CherryCrush
Old 09-13-2006, 10:53 PM   #12  

Well, I'm not really down much weight but I have been keeping up with my exercising. Food is still a struggle, cravings sometimes get the best of me whether I want them to or not. Sigh. It's tough. My appt with the nutritionalist went very well. She says I'm doing good and am at a good start for so short a time. Hopefully I'll stick with it this time. I don't have much of a choice anymore.

So far, okay... hope all is going well for everyone else.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:46 AM   #13  

Hey lizziness - I think that what your nutritionalist told you was very encouraging. It can get tough at times but hand in there - it's worth the effort to feel good and have good health.

I blew it last night but being to tired to cook and ordering out - at least it was Vietnamese food and consisted of vermicelli noodles (plain) with veggies and grilled chicken. I only ate one spring roll so I guess that wasn't so bad.

Tonight I'm making wholewheat pasta with a fresh tomato sauce so I will be back on track.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #14  

Well, only a few more days left of the month.

So far I have managed to meet some of my goals

1) Continue eating vegetarian meals during the week - yup!

2) Try a couple of new vegetarian recipes - yup!

3) Prepare my pantry and freezer for fall, i.e. stock up on staples and blanch and freeze seasonal veggies and fruit to enjoy over the winter, make and freeze some homemade soups, stews, casseroles etc.

Did make some soups and banana bread on the weekend.

4) Get in a least 30 minutes of exercise daily

Been doing some walking and a bit of pilates. My dance class starts tonight!

5) Do 15 minutes of meditation each morning to start the day off

Only managed to do this on the weekends.

How is everyone else doing so far?
Old 10-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #15  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

I weighed in today and no movement.

This Fri-Sat I helped load and unload my aunts stuff from here to portland. I missed my last 4 walks (last 2 weeks).

October is going to be much better - getting back to my 2 - 2hr hikes with pack this week and my sweetheart baby horse is coming to live with me finally this Saturday 10-7. I will need to work with him daily until he is well halter trained and easy to handle. Shouldnt be too hard since he loves attention. After he reaches the easy point, I can cut back on training to once a week or less.

The 14th is shopping again
The 21st is a trip to La Pine for a funeral
The 28th I am going backpacking overnight for probably 2 days again.

For October - I will repost this on new thread - I hope to improve my eating even more with winter meal planning. It is getting harder to drink water when not hot out - but I will try to force it down.
Closed Thread