Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 11:03 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Happy New Year 12/30/01~~~

Good Morning!!!!
I have been resting all day yesterday in bed and decided to get up awhile...I started spotting on and off soo I am on house arrest the next few days with very limited activity...I have been a nervous wreck since yesterday, but when I called the DR she said not to worry cuz the baby and placenta was healthy on Friday and that spotting is normal..It kind of freaks me out to see bleeding....
Well, what is on the agenda for New Years?????DH and I are renting a movie and watching it with popcorn and then some Sparkling Apple Cider at midnight!!!!!!!

Take it easy all!!!!If I dont get back, I will be back to tell everyone the test results Wed...Say a prayer please!!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 12-30-2001 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-30-2001, 12:05 PM   #2  

HI. I'm back, but not a lot of you are around this weekend! I've been doing a little "healthy & fitness reading" these past couple of days to get the mind in the right frame! I started counting points again Friday and that's gotta be a good thing.

Speaking of reading, I'm reading the first Harry Potter book now - what a great book!

Have not calculated my mileage yet, will just wait until the end of the year I guess & post it then.

Pryia - hope your new start on the 26th is going well for you!

RR - I'll say a little prayer. ~ New year's eve - we are staying home also.

RABBIT
Old 12-30-2001, 01:17 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR- I will be praying for you and baby...just stay calm and relaxed...of course you know that already!

Rabbit- Glad you're back to counting points. Doesn't it just make you feel more in control when you do? I realized that today, as today is the day I've decided to seriously count and plan.

We have tentative plans to spend New Year's Eve with DH's parents, doesn't that sound like fun? MIL mentioned Christmas Eve that FIL would love it if we did. We really didn't even talk about any other plans, so it's no big deal. AF if here anyway...a week early, , so it's not like I had any hot night planned!!

It's 1:20 and I have not had lunch yet, DH just woke up from his Sunday AM nap in time for the game...although he can't find it on the TV!! Poor guy, sitting there with the remote in hand, Giants helmet on his head, and little Giants mascot guy on the coffee table watching the game...but he doesn't know what channel it's on!! But anyway, the point I was getting at was, I don't know what I'm having for lunch, but I have started making dinner, spaghetti and turkey meatballs. I tried something new, bought some toasted wheat germ and have been sprinkling it on my oatmeal, but decided to sprinkle some in the turkey mix, just to see if you can taste it and if so, if it tastes ok. Hopefully it doesn't suck, because that'll be a pound of ground turkey down the drain! (At least it was buy 1/get 1 free!)

Starving, think I'll go have a yogurt while I decide what to eat! Have a great day all!!
Old 12-30-2001, 05:20 PM   #4  
Pink Thingy

Just a quick post, in the middle of something, but am saying a prayer for you too RR and the baby
Old 12-30-2001, 05:28 PM   #5  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Default new

Hi everyone,

I am new and I just wanted to say hi . I am 34 so I fit right in here. I am doing ww but with the high protein option. I am just trying to see if I am eatting too many carbs because my weight loss has been really slow.

I have really fallen off the wagon with the holidays so I have gained some more weight so I really need to get this weight under control.

Can anyone start a thread for their food journal?

well I look forward to talking to everyone

bev

Last edited by its_my_life; 12-30-2001 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-30-2001, 06:47 PM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

Bev- Welcome!! Many of us have fallen off the wagon this month, so you fit right in!! We're here to help each other jump back on!! If you would like to start a thread for your food journal, that's fine...whatever helps you! I don't like posting it all the time, but it keeps things in perspective for me.

BFB- Hope things are good with you! Staying away from the paprika pringles, I hope?!

I'm rather impressed with myself tonight. DH made icecream yesterday, which I had some last night, but tonight I resisted and stuck with a TCBY pop instead! I'm .5 pts. over for the day, but hey, it's better than 10 or more pts. over!! WooHoo!!

Man, I have been on this darn computer all day!! You'd think I've seen every website known by now, ya' know?!

Anyway, off to surf some more!
Old 12-30-2001, 09:29 PM   #7  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I am back!

Christmas was wonderful!! I just loved the whole thing!

My SIL got engaged. That was a wondeful surprise! We left at 3am on the 26th and got to my parents' place in Wva at about 10:30am! From that point on it snowed the entire time we were there! (Thanks, Pry, for sending it over! ) We skied for 3 days and then drove home today. We had a fabulous time! I will be weighing in tomorrow to see how that went. I really don't have a clue. At times I know I ate too much but then I was also very active and at other times I was very hungry... we will see!

RR, I am so glad you saw the baby moving. I have to admit I was scared while reading the story. I am anxious to see what else you find out. I will say a prayer. I have the "Girlfriends" book. It was the best book I read during my pregnancy! I have given it to several friends since!

Pry, I thought of you on the 26th! How is it going? I'm so happy for you starting over.

LBH, sounds like a great Christmas. Hope FIL is doing better! Saw the end of the Giants game. Sorry, it was a 4:00 game. Exciting but they lost by 3.

Welcome Bev! We are happy to have newcomers!

Rabbit, sounds like you are getting your head together and that is a great thing! I read the Harry Potters and became addicted! I loved them all!! I really came to care about those kids! I can't stand waiting for another one!

WEll tomorrow is New Year's Eve. We have standing plans. This is the 12th one in a row. We have always celebrated with my best friend. She and her husband and my husband and I started celebrating in 1990/91 when we were all unmarried. They came over to my husband's apartment and spent the night and ever since then we have done that. We have since all gotten married and had children and bought houses and minivans... the works! They are still coming and still spending the night. We usually videotape the evenings activities and it is so funny! We make resolutions and everything. It is so much fun! This year we are in this townhouse with small amounts of space but it will be cozy and fun anyway.

Ok, talk to you all soon!

Have a great New Year's!
dani
Old 12-30-2001, 11:47 PM   #8  

HI!
Hope I can join!! As of today (12/30) I am 30 years old and fit into the 30-somethings group!
I am going to start back at WW next week, when the kiddies return to school. For now I just want to read and be motivated by all your enthusiasm.
I'll go fill out a bio so you can see what my deal is, but I read where this is the place to introduce myself... so to all of you - HELLO!

Kathryn
Old 12-31-2001, 02:21 AM   #9  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Momsince96! You caught my attention right away, since I am also a mom-since-96. My son is 5. I loved your bio in the "hobby" section!

I hope we can be very helpful and supportive. This is a nice group to be with! I am starting over (again) too. Congratulations on being a lifer! That is a great achievement! I understand that you will be mainly reading, but post as often as you like! We could always use some more support too. OH, Happy Birthday!!

dani
Old 12-31-2001, 10:00 AM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

Dani- Sounds like a great Christmas and great plans for New Year's Eve!! I wish we had friends like that, that we are soo close to. My brother and SIL have been going out for the past few years with her sister and BIL. We don't have many married friends, just his friend who has 2 kids, that live fairly close, but they never go out. We went there a couple years ago for NYE. My friend that moved to MD, that same year we had dinner with them, then went to his friend's! Neither of us can remember what we did last year!! Anyone here happen to have a really good memory?! Oh, you should've heard DH at the end of the game!! I was like, hon, it's only a game!! He was yelling at the refs, and the announcers!!

Kathryn- Welcome and Happy Birthday!! Hope that 2002 is the year that you get back to Lifetime status!!

I have to make the pumpkin pie for today for tomorrow at my Aunt's. And I am going to pack the one box I have with stuff in my linen closet. I'm also going to designate a corner for stuff that I'm moving to my mom's basement, not the new place, since we don't have much storage there.

Have a great day, and Happy New Year all!!!
Old 12-31-2001, 10:04 AM   #11  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Feeling much better today...still spotting on and off but never any cramping...Just staying home for the next 2 days and taking it easy..I cant wait to get to the healthclub and start back....

WELCOME TO THE NEWCOMERS!!!!!!!!!
Always great to get new people!!!!Post and get to know everyone!!!!!!

Kathryn---U have a busy schedule with those childrens ages!!!Twins???I wanted them bad but I think I am happy just "cooking" the one I have now!!!Happy Birthday!!!!

Bev--Lauren keeps the food journal thread going weekly!!!

Dani-NY's sounds great!!!It will be more cozy this year!!!!Yeah on the snow!!Here, it is in the 30-'s and raining soo we have a nasty day today!!!!

BFB--I was looking at my honeymoon pics and was envisioning U in the park skating!!!!I miss England!!!I told DH that we have to get back some day soon!!!!!(I will have this baby first though!!! )

Lauren-Glad the father-in-law is better!!!!AF has been vicious to U lately!!Hopefully, she is preparing the "house"!!!!

Rabbit--I think U have passed last years mileage!!!!Congrats!!!

Well, off to sit by the fireplace!!!I have been watching Barney and TElletubies all morning and about to scream!!!Had to "see" adults on the internet for awhile!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!!!
Vicki
Old 12-31-2001, 10:56 AM   #12  

Hi!

Vicki, take care!!!! You may need to lay off the health club and all the exercise. Talk to your Dr., maybe just some walking or swimming. Please remember the baby comes first. I made the mistake of playing volleyball when preg. with Weston. It pulled and tore a little something and I wasn't allowed to do a thing the whole rest of the pg. I took it very seriously since I had to use firtility drugs to get pg. with him.

Welcome Bev and Kathryn!!!

I thought I did so well but suddenly 2 lbs were added to my scale reading. So I need to redo my valentines goal and make it 5 lbs instead of 3. I don't feel too bad about it this is the first real gain I've had since I started losing. I did try on some of my summer shorts that I haven't worn since before being preg. with Weston. Those shorts are pre-1996!! And they fit great!

I think another family is coming over to visit/play cards tonight. They may not stay till midnight since their kids go to bed around 8:30. Mine are used to being up till 12:30 so we'll greet the New Year. I plan to spend some time in my new journal, plotting my course for 2002. I'll also spend some time transfering things over to 2002 planner pages (need to find where I stashed my refills for my DayTimer!!).

Tomorrow we'll travel to the other side of the lake to see some friends new house they've been building and have dinner with them.

This is pretty exciting for us to have two social engagements in a row! We're usually so busy with business stuff that we don't take time to visit/eat with friends. I'm trying to get DH to take it a bit easy for a couple weeks here in January. May even try and sneak us away for an overnight somewhere...maybe Eureka Springs. - jul
Old 12-31-2001, 12:13 PM   #13  

HI ALL!

This place has gotten busy in the last day! Can't believe tomorrow is 2002. DH & I are making a new recipe tonight - citrus & bourbon salmon. And will probably watch a movie. My sister wanted us to come to Chicago, but I don't really want to go out of town because I'd worry about the boys - who will be out. And we are going to NY on the 11th (his business trip) so I'm just wanting to stay home & RELAX!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My mileage for this year is 923.242 (last year 879.83, and '99 623.93). I have not exercised the last three days though - it is so cold and I have not gone to the rec ctr.

Lauren - yes, it's good to be counting again. I keep going over a little, but I'm making progress. ~ What did you think of the wheat germ and why are you adding it? ~ .5 pts over is great!

Itsmylife - HELLO! And welcome! ~ You are welcome to start your own journal thread or join one of ours. I start a new one on Fridays because I weigh in on Thursday nights. ~ Good luck in reaching your goals!

Happy - Welcome back! You sound like you had a great Christmas and are planning a great New Year's! ~ Good luck at your weigh in! ~ DS got me that book for Christmas. He has really enjoyed reading them.

Momsince96 - WELCOME! And Happy Birthday, belated! It's so great to have new people join us. ~ Best of luck on your goals.

RR - take it easy and don't rush that health club. It will always be there and there is no sense it taking any chances.

Jul - sorry about the gain. It'll be gone in no time, I'm sure. You have done so well. Congrats on the shorts fitting!

I have that trip soon and my pants are uncomfortably tight from the holidays. What a bummer.

RABBIT
Old 12-31-2001, 12:57 PM   #14  

Default New member!!

Hi, I am 36 years old, living in the UK and have a massive weight loss journey to take this year (84lbs) I would love to join you and get inspiration and encouragement from you all as i know i will need all i can get!!!

Tracy
Old 12-31-2001, 01:46 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

OK, Im having a really bad day!! My pie, which looked beautiful going in the oven...I just checked it, because it's been 40 minutes, well, I pulled it out a little, to poke it for doneness, and it jerked and spilled out both sides!!! I was on the phone with mom at the time. I was soo mad. Got off the phone with her, went into the bathroom to get a q-tip and knocked the candle off the counter...right on my toes!! DH was there, seeing if I was OK, and grabbed me, in the process I almost stuck the q-tip in my ear!! After much cursing and almost tears, I'm back. My pie's been baking for 55 minutes and it's still not getting firm in the middle, so I just set the timer for another 15 minutes. Think I'll probably take it out after that, whether it's firm or not, and let it sit. It'll probably firm up as it cools.

Tracy- Welcome!! My, my, we have all these new people!! Please fill out a Bio, on our Bio thread, so we get to learn all about you!!

Rabbit- Where in NY will you be?? Will you be in the NJ area?? If so, and you have time, I'd just love to get together if we could?! The meatballs turned out pretty good, even tastier in DH's sauce! I read somewhere that wheat germ is good for you, and I think a couple spoonfuls supplies a good amount of folic acid. I used to sprinkle it on my oatmeal at my old job, before I knew anything about it. It's not my favorite thing, but hidden in the meatballs, it was pretty good!

Jul- Congrats on fitting into those shorts!! Enjoy the social activities before you're bogged down again!!

RR- Isn't that funny, I'm spotting too!! Unfortunately, it's not because I'm pregnant...

Hope you all are having a better day than me!!
Closed Thread