South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 05:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default First Fall Weekend Chat - Sept. 23 & 24

Happy Fall! I woke at three to the sound of yet more rain and can't get back to sleep. I figured I'd start us up and then give sleep another try. Be very quiet when you open the coop doors for the day. Just bring me a coffee in bed when you get it made, OK?
Old 09-23-2006, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ummmm! Coffee in bed, sounds nice. It's raining here, too, on this first full day of Autumn. We don't really have any definite plans for the day, but my DIL is dropping off Amber for us to watch for the morning. We'll find something fun to do.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:00 AM   #3  

Mmmm, a hot drink in bed sounds good. It looks like a cool, rainy day here,too, typical for a school picnic.
I'm at work, which means waiting for a baby to be born. In this case, a baby who seems quite comfortable inside.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:12 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rebel, I'd stay in a nice comfy womb too on a cold and rainy day!

Cottage, I hope you have a fun time with Amber. I wish my grandbabies were closer as nobody has as much fun as little kids!

I never did get back to sleep but messed around on the Net for a while. The Girls were still zzzzing when I went downstairs at six but were quite willing to start the day.

This morning I will continue The Battle of the Niggles and will also get some cheques signed for the blasted Cemetery Board bills. That means going out in the rain, not fun but it needs to be done. I'll reward myself with an afternoon nap and then visit Harry late in the day with Hershey.

Now to cruise the boards and see what's a happening elsewhere.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:28 AM   #5  

GOOOD Morning Morning Morning!!!!

Freshly grinded and brew High Test Cawffee wingin its way to the Delta Ruth!

Nothing really planned here today..DH and I may take in a movie... That's if I can stay awake! I'm taking doses of Benedryl as from the waist to ankles I am covered in chigger bites! All that sloggin through underbrush . I thought I was well covered, but it looks like I have to use bug spray all the time... Dunno why ,there could be a group of people outside , the mosquitos and chiggers will attack me and not others

Ok, time fer another cuppa brew and my crossword puzzle! Have a great day girls
Old 09-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #6  

How can it be Fall when it was 99 yesterday! That's almost a record high. We are supposed to get some rain today and then a mild cold front that will get us back to the 80's.

ruth - Good luck with those niggles! I have so many things I need to do but I'm just prioritizing the important once first. I already online renewed a few prescriptions this morning. I hope they ship fast as I hate to run out of anything. Then Brian and I need to work on his science project this morning until it gets late enough and then we are off to sell popcorn.

cottage - I wish I had relatives around that could watch Brian once in awhile. I don't even have a babysitter now that the girl next door is in college. Oh, well, I don't want to spend the money going out so it isn't an issue. Enjoy them while they are little.

rebel - Good luck with the baby. I know how hard it is on me when I work during the night with the computers. It has to be really hard on you waiting for a baby to be born. Luckily your husband can watch your kids when you are at work.

schatzi - I read somewhere that it can take hours for chiggers to start affecting you so if you scrub down any areas that might have been exposed you can often avoid having to deal with the itchies. We're itching from mosquito bites here. I covered us in bug spray and that helped but they are just really bad.

Off to grab breakfast. I love my big bowl of oatmeal with banana and strawberries and cinnamon and Splenda.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:17 AM   #7  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Good Morning! I haven't posted here in almost a year so I was glad to login and see some of the same posters as the last time I was here. In the past year, I have gotten licensed for foster care, gotten pregnant, had a baby (on Sept 2) and am now waiting to get back to losing some weight. Sounds like you all (chiggers bites excluded) are doing well! I am hoping to stop in more often since I am not quite ready to restart SBD yet, here soon though!!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #8  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Saturday Morning!!!! I actually slept in this morning and didn't get my dh his breakfast this am - guess he must have had a breakfast bar. My dd and I slept till 8 then had a nice egg, ww toast, and cad bacon for breakfast - cleaned up the kitchen and now just checking in. Not much planned for today a local craft show if I can get my dd to go other than that just a relaxing day - haven't flet myself this week so take it easy.

I finally got on the scale this am - even after some ribs last night (and extra veggies, and a 6oz steak - only 3 ribs - not too many) I am down!!!!!! Have in mind it has been a week since I got on that nasty thing and lost a lb - a little discouraging considering I did GREAT all week till last night - but still better than adding.

Well I must get up and try to at least do a load of clothes - a womans work is NEVER done - even if she is trying to relax.

Oh Rut - brewing a fresh pot of coffee - stop on by!!!!

It is raining here in Central PA and a warm 55 out - looks like it might be like this all day - wanted to get my outside fall decorations out today - maybe tomorrow.

See ya Chickies
Old 09-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #9  

Hey gals!

I am alive- just wound up being a busy week around here. I am very tired, but have a ton to do around here. I am hosting Bunco at my house on Wednesday, so I need to do some serious cleaning. Not really looking forward to it, but I do always feel so much better once it is done. I cam up with a menu yesterday, but may change my mind a bit. We'll see...

Barb I was a bit perturbed by the 99 degree weather yesterday. We went to the balloon festival in Plano last night, but it was way too windy for the balloons to launch. We had free tickets, though, so we didn't lose out. My girls had a blast. I am hoping for rain and cooler weather- my electric bill can't take much more of this heat!!

Ruth Good luck taking care of the niggles today!! Every room in our house needs some TLC, I don't even know where to start.

Schatzi Sorry to hear about all the discomfort from the bites- that sounds miserable!

Cottage Have fun with your granddaughter! You know how much my girlies love my mom. It is such an amazing bond!

RMT I hear you on work never being done!! My house is a wreck by the time the weekend rolls around. We were gone three nights this week, so by the time the weekend is here there is a done to do.

Angela Welcome back and congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! You know there is a towel ready for you when you decide to join us. Those first few weeks after they are born are enough of a drain, take your time.

Rebel Morning!!

It looks like some serious storms are brewing here- bring it on! I do need to make it to the store today. We are out of everything!! Those trips are always so expensive- laundry detergent, diapers, paper towels..... we literally are running on empty around here.

Later gals.... I really miss you all now that I am back at work and not managing my time well!! My new job is really great, I am adjusting well to it. It keeps me very busy, which is a good thing.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Ahhhhhh...Saturday!!!

Good morning everyone!!!

It's a beautiful day. We're sitting at 68 right now with big blue skies and crisp, clear views of the surrounding mountains. It feels like I could look up and see all the way to the heavens!!

I woke up late this morning, around 9, started laundry, made some breakfast, and after this I'll be hitting the treadmill. I feel euphoric today...not sure why, but it's nice. DH and I are trying to make the most of this weekend as he's leaving for three nights starting Monday. I know it's part of his job, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. He loves it, though and that's what counts!!

Well, I have to tell you I broke and jumped on the scale this morning. Down 6 lbs. since Monday!! I know it's all water weight, but it still motivates me more. I love Phase 1 and it's powers to inspire.

Ruth: I know how you feel. I was going to take care of numerous niggles, but decided to let today be a "nothing doing" day. I'll get to 'em tomorrow.

Schatzi: Sorry about the chiggers. I don't miss those things at all. All we've got is sand fleas, and they don't come around that often!

Well, time to hit the treadmill!! I hope everyone has a fun-filled weekend! I'm really looking forward to the cool front we've got headed our way!
Old 09-23-2006, 01:10 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Another weekend upon us.Hope you all have a fab one. Couldn't post this morning as I was singing with my choir group at a 50th aniversary mass. Now it raining and the walking along the beach idea is out. Hubby is watching football so I can't use my exercising tapes either. I guess its my trusty stationery bike will have to do.

Nothing new,going to read my book as I don't feel like housework today.Didn't sleep well last night,so it going to a be a lazy day in Autumn.

We should call this thread the South Beach coffee club,since everyone is sipping on I'm not a coffee drinker but I love to have a cup of Jo. Think I going to make some right now.
===========================================
Happy Sunday Morning Ladies

We were suppost to ge the thunder storms but we didn't get them,must have blown out to sea.

Well another W-I day: and I lost another 1 lb.Bringing me down to my last 10-lbs.Thats 6 lbs in 1 1/2 months. I take that.Hope I don't go up again,but with adding carbs backs slowly with only a 5 gr per week is working.

Have to get ready for church will post later.

Have a good one

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-24-2006 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #12  

Wow- quiet around here today! My eating this weekend has been less than stellar, but it has been a nice one. DH was off today, so we were able to go to church together and have a nice, relaxing day.

Hope everyone is out enjoying their weekend.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #13  

Kiko - Didn't it turn out to be a nice weekend? I was out with Brian in the rain yesterday and then it stopped and it's been nice ever since. RISD is off tomorrow so I am working from home. I'll be working with Brian on his science project when I'm not busy with work. This weekend just ended up going by so fast! At least everything is done except the actual part of dunking the fabric in bleach so it should go quickly. Relaxation for us will come after popcorn season.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #14  

Barb It turned out to be WONDERFUL!! We have had our windows open all day today and it has been so nice to smell the fresh, cool air. Enjoy your day at home, although you will be working. We have one week until our fall break- I cannot believe that the first grading period (we are on a 9 week schedule) is coming to an end. Unbelievable!!

Closed Thread