Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 09:47 AM   #1  
You and Me in 2003

Post Thin Angels.....Just the Beginning... A Fresh Start

Hello all.
Lets make a committment to a fresh start. I know we can do it
Hope all of my friends come back soon.
Welcome newbies.
Old 11-22-2001, 09:50 AM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Post HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.
Things have been bad lately been eating a lot. I am still at 218. Hope I can stay there and not gain during the holidays. Talk more later. Hurry back
Old 11-22-2001, 08:35 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I had to stop in and tell you how thankful I am for all of you being here for me. Always non- judgemental always supportive, what more could one ask for in friends. I love you all!!!

I'm really sorry I haven't been here lately and didn't take the time to even come in and say goodbye. I just plain don't have the time to keep up with the 3 threads that I was posting on and have had to give some of it up. I can still be found on the '300+ And Ready to Try Again' thread under 'Support' if you ever want to stop by to say 'hi'. Also you can send me a PM and we can be e-mail buddies if you like, I just can't keep up with all the threads any more. It was a very hard decision which one to keep up with, but '300+' is where I started more than a year ago and so that's why I chose there. I hope you all understand.

The following poem came across my e-mail and I thought I would share it here for all of you:

A THANKSGIVING POEM

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING,
BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP
I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS,
I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED -
THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE
BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION
WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION
THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.

SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR
AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.
GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING,
FLOATING INTO THE SKY
WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING
AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.

BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED
PAST THE TREES....
HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE
CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,
MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY
HAVE NARY A LUMP,

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS MAY YOUR PIES
TAKE THE PRIZE,
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY
OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.

MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING BE BLESSED!!
Old 12-28-2001, 06:44 AM   #4  

Question Hi!

Melissa... I was surfing around and am interested in your exercise equipment that is based on walking in place. Please post what it is called cost and where to get it.. Thanks a bunch in advance!
Old 12-28-2001, 08:47 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Melissa wow I wondered what had happened to you. Good to have you back

Welcome babewannabe: come on over and join us.

I hope all our friends will come back and lets help each other in 2002.
Old 12-29-2001, 06:50 PM   #6  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default WALKING TAPES

I looked in the mirror today and was disgusted...I need to lose more weight. I am glad I don't gain what I lose back though...I just get in these slumps where I just stop dieting...:-( My mom got me those walking tapes though...and here is the information:

Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone (who must strike a sexy pose on the cover of the video to motivate all us fatties..LOL..sorry mild humor...) It comes with a bunch of meal plan cards that I know I will probably never use (I never like the food they choose). My new year's resolution is to concentrate on the exercising. I know I can watch what I eat much easier, because my biggest problem ALWAYS has been eating late at night. And since I live in a dorm, all I need to make sure is that I don't keep any unhealthy snacks in my quarters. Ok, so the tape comes with two 2 lb weights, the meal plans, three videos (all the way up to three miles), as well as some cheezy generic vitamin supplements that they seem to throw in ALL exercise plans. I was only interested in these tapes cause I wanted to be able to walk in place in front of my TV in the privacy of my room. Once I learn the moves I can easily mute the TV and turn up the music....well..maybe not cause I would need to find music in the same time as the video...oh well. :-) I love to dance, and if I could make dancing a routine thing, i would so do it :-) but i am too embaressed to get into a leotard..LOL
Old 12-29-2001, 11:38 PM   #7  

Hi ladies! yes, it's me..back and ready to attack---or something. I think home-cabin-fever is setting in!

I talked to melissa on instant messenger the other day and she said she needs the support, so here i am! ready to try and keep posting, AGAIN! i get so behind at school, what with classes, and this new boyfriend (*giggle/blush*)

i'm at 175 right now, which isn't too bad...i bought a pair of dress pants at lerner's in a size 12 a week ago...and my fraternity formal dress for the beginning of dec. was a 12 too---now i just need to get to the point where i can fit into size 12 JEANS! and then i'll be estatic!

the new boyfriend will be some motivation...and the fact that i pierced my belly button should be too---i can change the ring to something pretty around april, and i'm bound and determined to be able to show it to people without being totally ashamed!
Old 12-30-2001, 08:25 AM   #8  

Angry Melissa...

Thanx for the info. I LOVE 2 dance also! I am a wife & mother so when I have the house all to me, myself, & I ... I boogie down while cleaning house...
Old 12-30-2001, 09:51 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all

Hi Angel glad your back You go girl on the new boyfriend.
Dh and I went to see Lord of the Rings yesterday it was good. Then we went to Macaroni Grill to eat I got a huge chicken ceaser salad but it didn't even taste good. I have a cold.
News is short keep posting all.
Old 12-30-2001, 01:27 PM   #10  
working off those pounds

Default cabin fever?

Let's just say that I know just how you feel. I cannot wait to go back to school. I come home to a family that has already turned my room into my mother's haven away from the rest of the house. My mom and stepfather don't even sleep in the same bed. We don't have meals, everyone is on their own...and when we DO have a meal everyone goes into their bedrooms to watch tv. It's enough to make me go mad. I can't wait until I have my own family, we're going to eat meals at the TABLE and TALK to eachother LOL.
Old 12-30-2001, 02:13 PM   #11  

Hi guys! Yeah, Mel, I don't like coming home either, but it's because "home" means work! I have to take care of the horses, make dinner every night, clean the house, decorate it(as is the case with christmas), un-decorate it(which I'll be doing next week, I think) and run a gazillion home-town errands that I won't get a chance to do again until April! BOOO!
I need to make a doctor's appointment to have a blood test done...when I had my belly button pierced my blood looked like water with food coloring in it, and I bled for 4 hours---something is definately wrong, here! General concensus is I'm low in vitamin k, and probably anemic, but we'll see what the doc says I wanted to have all of this checked out before I have my wisdom teeth out in may..i have these visions of me bleeding to death!
Old 03-08-2002, 10:36 PM   #12  
working off those pounds

Seems like it's pretty much impossible to concentrate on a diet plus school work, plus my job at Penney's. :-/
I have been kinda stressed out lately, and I have to figure out a new place to work cause I basically quit my other job...when I say "basically" I mean..well I told my boss off. My only consolation is that I do not feel very bad about doing it, he had it coming I am afraid. :-/
So right now I am too stressed to even WANT to eat. In fact, I kind of feel sick every time I think about food. Ugh. Hope all is well for everyone..that is if any of the old crowd is still around :-(
Melissa
Old 03-09-2002, 03:37 AM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Melissa. Glad to see you're still around. I don't have time to post to all the threads anymore so I make my home at "300+ And Ready To Try Again". The group is all different sizes, on all different plans, and all different ages. Mary, Grannie, is over there too. If you'd like more constant motivation, come on by and join us.
Closed Thread