Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 07:51 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Moo-ey Christmas!!

Is everybody having a wonnerful wonnerful day? I hope so. We hauled our big ole ham down to my in-laws and had a 1:00 dinner. It was yumptcious, I must say, even if I did cook half of the meal myself. We managed to open all our presents before we left. I got many electronic items. We're such a hi-tech family. I also got a new vacuum (well, I asked for it!). My nutty inlaws asked us to chip in on some upholstering they want to do, and not give them anything else, so we gave them a check. Guess what they gave us? A check, for the same amount. One for each of us. Plus presents. Like I said, nutty.

Merry Christmas night.

Kiwi
Old 12-26-2001, 12:09 PM   #2  

Default And a happy moo year

Hi Cows! I'm back! I had a lovely holiday. Friday before the big day I had the fil, bil & spouse, sil & spouse & all their offspring over for dinner. Opened gifts and had a great time. Saturday was an open house at friends, rested on Sunday, then Monday was Christmas Eve at my parents house. It's always total chaos, but in a good way. My whacky sister behaved herself and my wacky brother didn't show, so it was pretty uneventful. Then had the fil over for Christmas breakfast after opening gifts. Then back to my parents for Christmas dinner, then on to DH's Aunt & Uncle's house to visit. Whew! I'm so glad to be back at work so I can rest.

I love my DH. When we pulled into the driveway Christmas Eve and he saw his new truck we was speechless. He kept saying he couldn't believe it and I shouldn't have. I said "well you worked hard for it" and he broke down and cried. Something about a big man blubbering that just makes you crazy for them.

DH gave me a beautiful diamond pendant, and so did my kids (only the diamond was a bit smaller and the kids also gave me a beautiful jewelry box.

Aaaahhh. It was a loverly Christmas.

Hi Kiwi, vacuums are definitely a great gift as long as the recipient asked for one. My parents gave us a check too, but we gave them gifts that neither one of them really needed. In fact, we gave my Dad a leaf blower because we thought it was the last garden tool he didn't have. Unfortunately he already had one. Oh well. Did the rest of you survive?
Old 12-26-2001, 04:08 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Happy Day oh Cows of Yore

WABBY!!!!what a lovely story about dh getting all veclempt----gotta love that!!!THANK you for your adorable card---you are a sweetie!!!!Kiwi-----love the ham story----did you put shake and bake on it,like I would have???I think I have forgotten how to cook--we had Christmas dinner at my brother's{HE prepared the meal and cleaned it all up---the house was sparkling,and there were around thirty people there}this is my brother MIKE,not Marty,the one that peach and kiwi met----AMAZING----put all the men to shame{and he's not the fem type---he's a huntin,fishin,four wheelin kind of man!!!!}ANYWAY---I gotta go to Mom's for another turkey dinner----IGOT A DIGITAL CAMERA,SO LOOK OUT---I WILL BE SENDING YOU PICS AD NAUSEUM!!! XOXOXOXOXO BAGZZZZZZZZZ LOVE YAS!!!!!
Old 12-28-2001, 12:29 PM   #4  

Default Turkey & plum pudding OD

Is that what happened to some of you? Are you still buried under wrapping paper and bows?

I've had migraines lately. I think it's because I've been eating too much chocolate. I think I read somewhere that chocolate is a trigger food for migraines.

Bagzie, your brother is impressive. I'm assuming he's single. Too bad Peaches is already taken.

I have nothing interesting to say. But you notice that didn't stop me.
Old 12-28-2001, 02:26 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hello

Wabby, that is so cool about dh and his new truck. You have earned major points. Sounds like he did his part too -- can't complain about diamonds for Christmas, eh?

We are having email problems now. Our isp is messed up. Fortunately it doesn't affect our internet access, so I can come on here and whine.

Bagz, you have such a great family. I'm very impressed with your brother. Is Mike as adorable as Marty?

Did everyone get their cards from me? I hope you were duly amused.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 04-17-2002 at 02:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2001, 03:13 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Heifer Heaven!!!

kIWONK!!!! just got your card yesterday!!!What a hoot!!! and a SUPER idea!!!!!Thank you---all my three dee friends are suitably impressed~!!!One of them had actually heard of this group{Heifers!!} and the other is a VEGAN,so she appreciated that the cow would LIVE---although you ARE stealing milk from it[HHahahahahahah--puh-leez!}I am currently all zonked out with some kind of flu,and all the kids are here from Denver,so the dear dh has taken them all ice-skating----thank the Lord---I am reading a clear your clutter with fung shui book --and hoping for the best---this is my second go round at it----I need it to stick---too much CRAP around here----SOMEONE TELL ME---WHATEVER HAPPENED TO MESSIES???????? XOXOXhAPPY NEW? YEAR COWS----LET'S NOT PRETEND WE ARE HAVING A PERFECT '02---REMEMBER HOW WELL PERFECT 99 WENT---WE GAINED A HUNDRED POUNDS----WHERE ARE PEACHBALLS,SUGAR,AND LUSHBUTT
Old 12-29-2001, 05:49 PM   #7  
fatter than U

Talking Sugarball is here!

I got no diamonds for Christmas. BUT I got a pair of 3 lb weights to help me get rid of this extra 100 lbs and an adorable wooden recipe box to finally file my zillions and zillions of rogue recipes. Isn't that exciting? Yaaaaaaawn! Oh, yeah - and the complete Fawlty Towers series on video. Toooo funny.

My gorgeous, perfect, cleanie best friend (who is also a WONDERFUL person, if you can believe it, and loves me just the plain, imperfect, messie way I am) in Vancouver just sent me an e mail about her "little post-Christmas party" for 11 adults and 7 kids. Shrimp Newburg and scallops au gratin. Smoked salmon,antipasto, California sushi roll, cheesecake and so on and so on. Yum! Geeeeeez! Even if I knew 11 people in this town that I would care to invite over, they would NEVER appreciate food like that. They'd all be searching the fridge for bratwurst. How depressing. I should open a gourmet temple right next to the butcher shop.

We had snow, then we had rain, then wind, then thunder and then rain again. At least the weather isn't boring.

Saw Harry Potter today. Very cute but a bit long for my old bones. Started fidgeting after two hours. DS8 loved it and wanted it to be 4 hours long.

Old 12-30-2001, 01:37 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default You're welcome

What did Marie Veganette say when she was told the peasants didn't have any bread?

'Let them eat bean curd'

Can you imagine a vegan in charge of a hunger program? Of course, I'm sure she's a lovely person, just lacking the proper meat-eating gene.

I'm with you, Sug, I nearly volunteered to host the annual New Year's Eve party, but fortunately our cleanie dietitian friend spoke up before me. Phew! She is having 6 adults and 1 kid (ours) spend the night, and more for the party, I guess. That would be a laugh trying to have people spend the night here at our house. The only people who stay overnight here are DD's friends. In fact her room is the cleanest in the place.

Bagz, I heard that Jenne was hosting the Messies, but I don't know that for sure.

Glad to hear I'm not the only who didn't get diamonds for Christmas, but I sure would like to know what the Peachball got, wouldn't you??????

Kiwi
Old 12-30-2001, 05:21 PM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Diamonds are for Peachbags

WELLLL now wouldn't that be rate swate!!!!Peachers is off celebrating her engagement with her 10 carat rock,AND SHE DOESN'T BOTHER TO TELL US!!!!!!Who agrees that we should all be invited to the WEDDING???????anyone else insulted that she has been keeping MUM??????
Old 12-31-2001, 02:17 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default happy new year cowbags

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE,AND MAYBE WE CAN GET TOGETHER SOMETIME IN THE NEW YEAR TO DISCUSS HOW FAT YOU ALL HAVE BECOME SINCE 98.HOPEFULLY I WILL WIN THE PRIZE FOR MOST APRONIEST GUT,BUT I FEAR THAT PEACHES WILL OVERTHROW ME,SINCE SHE IS SO BUSY OVEREATING SHE HASN'T BOTHERED TO POST!!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Old 12-31-2001, 05:21 PM   #11  
fatter than U

Red face Is it midnight yet?

Still 47 1/2 minutes to go here in the Fatherland and I'm proppin' my eyelids up with toothpicks.

As of tomorrow we (I speak in the continental European sense, of course) will all be dealing with this wierd new money. It looks pretty good. Shall I send you some.

I dunno if Jenne is doing Messies still. She discontinued her blog and only does the fitness diary. I wish she would come back here. She was our only inspiration.

Any of you cows got fish? We got the kids an aquarium for Christmas and got all the stuff to go with it, including 20 neon tetras, 5 guppies and 2 thingies that look like mini-goldfish. In the past three days 3 fishies have croaked and are currently in a tupperware container in the fridge awaiting burial (it's snowing outside). Poor things. The guy at the fish store just said "One out of every 10 fish will die and guppies are just sooooooo sensitive". Thanks.

Where IS that Peachbat? We want a full Christmas report - a detailed list of gifts received, most expensive first, and a record of every morsel consumed.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:55 AM   #12  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default diamonds indeed

two of 'em. Earrings. Beautiful things with a registration certification or some kind of id like that. NOT A RING. Actually, being a DAM woman, I was quite furious. Now, I love them.

DS got a guitar which he did not ask for nor expect and lessons start tomorrow.

You are all so sweet. Wish I had something interesting to say. I'm glad you're all fat.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:12 AM   #13  
fatter than U

Smile diamonds! *sigh*

How wonderful, Peachy! With a certificate and everything. Are they engagement earRINGs??? ?

Happy New Year, Cows! Think this year'll be any different than any of the other ones we've shared?
Old 01-01-2002, 06:47 PM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default WOW!!!!DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER!!!!!!

DARLING PEACHGEMS!!!!!HOW LOVELY FOR YOU!!!now please tell us....Did Herbie KNOW that you were not too thrilled to be getting two rings instead of ONE????Or did you just sulk and burn the turkey?????DO TELL!!!!!!!!!Dd 15 got at guitar for christmas as well!She is learning from her father,meself and her sister-----lessons are free.Dd17 got an mp3 player----seems happy enough--all the gang is at Lord of the Rings---anyone see it,Kiwonk?????
Old 01-02-2002, 08:15 AM   #15  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default yes, dear, he knows

By now, Herbie knows exactly how I feel. Not that it does any good.

Who is Viola and where did her message go? And how come everybody in the Bagz family can play guitar? And how come Bagz didn't serenade DS and me when we were in Canadia? And why wasn't there snow?

How is Lush?

See yas.
Closed Thread