Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 AM   #1  
Fat to PHAT!!

S/C/G: 255/234/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Walktober Challenge

This was a great idea that is going on at my offices. The idea is to set a goal for minutes walked and then try to reach that goal in October.

The Happy Walktober
A goal of 300 minutes is about 10 minutes daily.

The Healthy Walktober
A goal of 600 minutes is about 20 minutes daily.

The Heroic Walktober
A goal of 900 minutes is about 30 minutes daily.

The Herculean Walktober
A goal of 1800 minutes is about 60 minutes daily.

As a beginner, I am aiming for the Healthy Walktober, but I would love to surpass my own expectations and have as many of you along for the ride as possible. Accountibility is key for me and tracking out daily minutes here would keep us on track. Walking, jogging, running, treadmill, whatever...

Let's just get those legs moving!!!
TiredofWeightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I would love to join your challenge. It would be very good for me. How bout i sign up for "healthy walktober" and aim for 730 minutes. That is a great idea, i am excited to see how many minutes i actually get in. I try to do 30 minutes 6 days a week on the ellipitical. I have never kept track of a whole month before though. I have always been interested in those who could, so lets see how we do. Thanks.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Kellie, you might be better off posting a note in the "chicks up for a challenge forum" about your walktober group.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #4  
Fat to PHAT!!

Great Idea!! I didn't even think of it when I started this!!

Thanks so much!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:21 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I already try to walk as much as possible. I have no clue how many minutes I spend at it, but I log between 4.5 and 6.5 miles most days. I didn't get out to the park today, but will go again tomorrow. Yesterday, I did intervals and ran/walked between each new song I was listening to. I ended up running over 2.8 miles altogether, and ran/walked a total of 6.5. I'm striving for a goal of getting that 6.5 every time I get to the park and trying to get there at least 5 days a week. It's just not always practical with the weather and other errands needing done. At least now I have a weather shield for the stroller, so a little bit of rain isn't going to hurt...except give me a muddy stroller to put in the car. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Kellie: This sounds like just what I need. I don't want to select which Walktober minutes I'll do because I might be setting myself up for failure. I'm just a beginner walker, but I'll use the rest of Sept. to train for my challenge and I'll post my minutes seeking to get better each time out. Thanks for inviting me!
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #7  
Fat to PHAT!!

I am loving this!! How exciting!!

So, we will get started on October 1, which is a Sunday, but it's certainly as good as any other day to get started. Plus with the current seasonal changes, is should be a lovely time to get outdoors!!

I will firgure out a fun way to report and post everyone's results and let you know soon!!

I am so glad that you are going to join me! This will be great!!!

Anyone else out there interested?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:36 PM   #8  
Fat to PHAT!!

Hello everyone! Thanks for joining me on my challenge!! I am so glad to have you all. I have decided to use the thread located in the Chicks up for a challenge forum instead of this one. Here's the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94270 Be sure to check it out there!!