1/3 cup boiling water
1/3 cup cold water
2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 package sweetener (e.g. Equal or Sweet' 'N' Low) or 1-2 tsp. Splenda
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 cup pecans, ground
1 tbsp. butter
Melt butter in a small bowl. Add ground nuts, sweetener and half the coconut extract. Pour all unto the bottom of a pie pan except for 2 tbsp. A clear glass pan is pretty. Spread all over bottom of pan and put in fridge to chill. In a small bowl whip the heavy cream until peaks form. Set aside. While it is being whipped you can bring water to boil. Mix the Jello with 1/3 cup boiling water until all the gelatine has dissolved. Then add cold water and stir. When gelatine is dissolved add the key lime juice if desired. For the next step I have found you need a big bowl with HIGH sides. Slowly add in the cream cheese (I add each 8-oz package in 4 chunks) and continue to beat with a mixer at slow speed. After all cream cheese is added put in the remaining coconut extract and beat at high speed until smooth. Then using low speed blend in the whipped cream. Using spatula, scrape into the pie pan and spread around. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top. Chill for at least 2 hours so jello can set. Entire recipe has 44g carbohydrates and 10g fibre and should serve 6-8.
Old 04-18-2000, 08:09 AM   #2  

Cara,
All these desserts sound great!! I've downloaded them all! Even though the protein usually keeps my sweet cravings under control, sometimes I just NEED something sweet. These look like they will do the trick and still enable me to stay OP! Thanks for taking the time to post all of these!
Jackie
Old 04-26-2000, 01:48 AM   #3  

Jackie, You're very welcome. All of these recipes came from this downloadable cookbook that can be found at: http://www.camacdonald.com/lc/cookbookdownload.html
Closed Thread