Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 12:31 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Water, Water, Water!!!

Sometimes when you guys post the amount of water you are drinking, I am in awe. I know why I am supposed to drink tons. Actually, I think someone one said the rule is 1/2 your weight in oz. That would be about 140 oz. for me. I've seen other ways to figure it, 8- 8 oz. glasses plus 8 oz. for every 20 lbs extra weight you carry. That's 120 oz. Anyway, all these numbers seems HUGE to me. I like water and I do drink it, but it seems like a major accomplishment to be pushing 90 oz, for me. What are some tricks that you guys use to get in the water??
Old 12-29-2001, 12:48 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

Hi,
I drink( or try to) A gallon of water day. SInce I started the new job I was having trouble getting it in. I keep a gallon water jug under my desk. And refill my glass thru out the day. ANd when I don't get it in I feel iT!
Old 12-29-2001, 08:15 PM   #3  

When I first went to the health club and the trainer there said I should drink a gallon of water a day, I actually laughed at her, I thought she was joking! But now,I won't say that I get a gallon everyday, but, I genereally get at least 100 oz. I had to start out slowly, with 64 oz a day, and work myself up, and I still have to run to the restroom about every 60-90 minutes (luckily at my job they don't care LOL) but I just kept slowly drinking more and more, and now if I only get 64 oz, I can tell. It also helped that I cut out soda, and now only drink a cup of coffee, water and a large glass of milk everyday. I keep a 1 liter water bottle with me at all times, and I fill it from the drinking fountain, or faucet. It is to the point now, that I even take it shopping with me, and I feel like have forgotten something all day when I don't have it.
Just start out slowly, and let your body get adjusted to it, if you keep a bottle with you and just sip it al day long, you'll be amazed at how much you actually drink. You'll see that over time, it gets easier and easier!

Good Luck!
Nicole
Old 01-01-2002, 10:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I bought some 1 liter water bottles and I refill them each day. I try to drink at least 3 of them. Then in the same brand I also bought a couple of the 20 oz. bottles. I find that when I put water in those, I tend to drink it faster for some reason, so I feel those up for on my drive to and from work. (That's 40 oz. without even think about it.)
Hope this helps.
Dawnyal
Closed Thread