Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #1  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default 1lb. Down And Plenty More To Go!

to ~ One LB. Down and Plenty More To GO!

Old friends and New friends,

This thread is open to any and all ladies who have more than a "few" pounds to lose. We all know that if it's more than a "few" that it's gonna take sometime to get rid of it. And when you're in a certain place in your life for a while it's great to have some friends around that know exactly how you feel and know exactly what you're going through. Having support via family and friends is great and certainly a welcomed thought, but sometimes they just don't get it. We'll help encourage you through the down times, discourage you when the dieting alter ego wants to take over and then encourage you some more! Just jump in and make yourself at home. Let's try to live, love and laugh our "weigh" through this!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #2  
Working on 'Project Me'

A little about me:

I'm 28, married 5 years and a stay at home mom to a soon to be 5 yr. old girl. About one year ago I started to whimper, whine, and cry everytime I looked in the mirror. I knew that something had to be done but I was overwhelmed by how much I would need to lose and didn't know how I would start. So I set myself up that 2006 would be my year, it's all about me! I took the months before I started as a time to prepare myself mentally. I bought new running shoes (put them away), a water jug that measured the amount one is recommended to drink in a day (put it away), bought workout clothes (put them away). My husband thought I was crazy, I'm sure he was trying to put it in a round about way, nicely, that this was a waste of money cause as sure as heck nothing worked before. And truth be told I was nervous as heck about it myself. Whoever heard about someone scared to lose weight? or moreover letting everyone down again in another failed attempt. But this time was different, these things were my way of making a physical promise that I was serious. I was going to take the time to get more and more used to the idea that they will be a permanent part of my new life. Not long after that, January 2nd was rounding up pretty fast and I was prepared (mentally) but sadly I was also preparing all my best friends for a going away party. That's right, my boosom buddies...cookies, chips, pizza, KFC were all there to help send me off. I knew that I wasn't going to see them for a long while and strangely enough I was okay with that. A few nights after Christmas I was planning my trip down this weightloss trail, surfing online for a weight loss chart/tracker. It just so happen that I found one on a site called 3FC. Of course!! This was just what I was looking for! I couldn't have stumbled onto this at a better time. I could actually find support from women who was as serious as I was and would actually know what I was going through. The night before I started my journey I found a thread called "1 year/100lb. Buddy", was it even possible to get any better seeing that I had 109lbs. to lose and would love to have it happen in a year?!! It was a great thread and I met some really awesome ladies there, if it weren't for them I don't know if I could get this far, as you can see I am more than half way to my goal. But I've come to realize that there is no way that I'll lose 50 more pounds by Dec. 31st. I've also realized that putting a time limit on weight loss is setting yourself up for failure. Cause right about now I'm starting to feel frantic that I'm not meeting with my original idea. I figure that this is my life, not a race. I've gotten a good start on my weightloss and I've got plenty more to go. I'll live the time it takes to lose it one day at a time and as long as I try each day to do my best at bettering my health that's all that matters. I hope to continue on with the rest of my weightloss as I started. Meeting great motivators, supporters and inspirers and in turn to be all of that back to them. Who Wants to join me?

Just so you know that I'm not abandoning the thread that got me this far...I've invited my friends to come on over. I was the only original poster left and things were slowing down fast. I thought we needed a fresh start and some fresh faces to get things hopping again.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #3  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

My name is Robbin and I am following along with Tina from the 1 year/100lb Buddy thread. Just to let any newbie’s know Tina is great support.

A little about me, I have been married for 15 years and have 4 kids ages 14, 12, 6 and 5. When I found out I was pregnant with child #3 I was wearing a size 10 and very happy with my weight, after the birth of #3 I was a size 14 and ready to loose those extra pounds but……….it wasn’t that simple when he was 3 months old I found out I was pregnant with #4. After that pregnancy I was a size 18 and in a state of depression. I just didn’t care anymore I kept gaining and got myself up to at least a 20 but bought mostly stretch pants and oversized men’s t-shirts so I really do not know what size I was but I did weigh 276. NOT GOOD. In January of this year I started playing with the Idea to loose weigh and by March I had lost 9 pounds, not a bad start. In March I found a pair of my size 10 jeans and cried like a baby. But you know what I realized, I did this and I am the only one who can fix it. So I got serious about weight loss. I have so far lost 47 pounds. I have a ways to go but I will make it, and I am inviting everyone out there to join Tina and me for this life-changing journey. This can be fun or it can be a drag, I vote for fun what about everyone else?
Old 08-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Wow, seems like the place for me. I am a mother of 2 (13 year old boy, 7 year old daughter) married 14 years. I also have a history of weight issues. At my highest (nonpregnant) i was 308, i lost over 100 to get down to 193. Then had some personal issues and gained back up to 287. Very depressing. Then lost 30, only to gain most of it back, up to 284. So here i am. Down 14 pounds from 284 and feeling SO much better already. Its funny when you are losing weight how quickly you feel better once you add exercise. I didnt feel this good when i was gaining back up to my current weight.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #5  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Hi Tina & Robbin!!! Nice to meet you, Stacy! I love your quote by the way, about losing 10 lbs 10 times! Kinda breaks it down to be more do-able!

Anyhow, I'm Shawn, and I, too, am moving here from the 1 yr/100lb club. As you can see from my Join Date of 2002, I've been riding this wave for a while. I always tell myself, "if I had just stuck with it in 2002.....". Somehow, this time feels different.

Anyhow, I'm 32 years old, an accountant, have been married for the past 5 years, and have twin girls that are almost 2 years old. I also have two stepkids that visit every other weekend, ages 10 and 16. When I was pregnant, I got up to around 250, and while breastfeeding got back down to around 210. However, I ended up with what is fondly referred to as "twin skin", which is the sagging loose belly skin. So I figured, in my backwards thinking, that it might look better if I filled it out. LOL. So I ended up back almost at 250, and was miserable. My joints ached, I was tired all the time, and so on... so now I'm back on my journey downwards, and will just have to learn to accept the twinskin. *sigh* Oh, the battlewounds of childbirth, right?

Anyhow, I'm sick today (left work early - have a nasty cough and just feel achy in general), so am gonna go crawl in bed now before I have to pickup the twinks. But just wanted to tell you ladies I found you, and I'm here!!! Talk to you girls later on!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi guys, I want to join you. I've been overweight most of my life, but during my 2nd pregnancy, over 12 years ago, I weighed 300 lbs. For the next 11 years I avoided scales like they were the plague, even so far as not going to the doctor because I knew I would be weighed. Finally, in August of 2005, I HAD to go to the doctor and I found out I weighed 346. I was in shock!! For the next couple of weeks, I tried to decide how I could lose weight and finally decided to try somersizing, based on the Suzanne Somers books. I had tried it a few years prior and it worked until I quit following the plan. I decided to try it again. I was so certain I would fail that I told no one, except my husband, who I knew would wonder why I was eating differently. For the first few months, I had no idea if it was even working, since I didn't have scales that went past 300 lbs. I finally bought some scales that went up to 330 and they still didn't register, but eventually the weight started coming off and I could see it on my scales. I started walking for exercise in December. Since then, I've tweaked my diet so that I no longer somersize completely. I also count calories, but I still avoid sugar and white flour, rice, corn products. As of September 1st, it will officially be one year, down 110 lbs as of now. I want to lose at least 60 more lbs., possibly more when I see what that looks like.

I'm struggling lately mostly due to the fact that I was hoping losing weight would improve my marriage, and it doesn't seem to be doing so. In fact, we seem to be growing further apart lately. In the beginning DH was fairly supportive, but not so much anymore. I'm still hoping and praying things will turn around there.

I work full-time as a system admin, am married, with a 14yo DS and a 12yo DD. I enjoy reading, geocaching, and just spending time with my family. I look forward to getting to know you all!
Old 08-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/193/140

Height: 5'6

Smile Hey!

Hi everyone! My name is April and I am 19 years old. I have a five month old son, Maverick Ryan. He is the love of my life. I live happily with my mother, step father, almost two year old sister and 16 year old sister. My older sister lives with her one year old and her boyfriend. I have a father of course with a stepmother, step sister and they had a son about two years ago as well. I love my family and I couldn't be happier.

I went on my first weight loss journey the August that I became a senior. I said, this is my year and I'm going to do it. I did it!! I weighed 200 lbs and got down to about 160. I then got pregnant. I was upset at first b/c I'm so young. But, you move on from that after a month. I got very sick for the first two months and got down to 153 but I managed to gain about 40 lbs while pregnant. Maverick's father and I ate whatever we saw that we wanted. So, there was my problem.

Five months later, I have tried to lose the weight, but I looked at myself and said, April, you were so much happier when you could wear the cute clothes you always wanted and you just thought you were so beautiful. I am here at 3FC for support. I need it. Today is my first serious day. I have my son, school, job, and my boyfriend to fit into my day. I now have to find time to exercise. BELIEVE ME...it will be done. My goal is to get back to what I was before Maverick....160. Once I'm there, I can't wait to see how far I can go. I am inspired by your stories and all of you, I HOPE, will be part of my long, yet rewarding journey.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #8  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Hi guys!!! I am also following Tina here from the other post, so will give some quick info on me too. I am 39 and determined to be below 200# by my 40th birthday which is December 29th of this year. I have about 40 pounds to go yet so we'll see but even if i don't make it i am healthier than i have been in years! My plan is Glycemic index and a combination of faith, exercise and everything else that has ever worked for me in the weight loss department in the past. I am married and have a daughter 6 and son 4.

For those of you following from the old post, i am changing my starting weight to my true max. Since we are starting fresh here i figured what the heck!!!

Robbin - I am all for the making this fun!! Glad to see you are following Tina too!

I can say to those of you who are not familiar with Robbin and Tina they can put a great lighthearted spin on things to keep the rough times from really getting you down!

Shawn - good to see you here too! Sorry you are feeling bad and hope you can kick it soon!

Jtammy - Nice to meet you!!! This has been a great support system for me so far and I think you will like it as well. Sorry to hear about the marriage troubles but glad that you are not letting it deter your personal goals of getting healthy!

Get - n - Healthy - good to meet you too! Actually I think i saw you on a completely different post not too long ago but nice to hear a little more info on you and look forward to getting to know you more! I hav ebeen queen of the 25# yo yo for years so am glad to be breaking free of that!

Well chicks time to get Amelia from the bus stop! Have a great evening! Erin
Old 08-28-2006, 06:56 PM   #9  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Hi - another one coming from the 100lbs/ 1 year club - Tina - I think I was one of the original posters too!! I might not check in every day but I;m still here.

Anyway, I'm 33, in a LTR and mother to a five year old daughter.

I have always been chubby, veering between Uk size 14/16 (US 12/14) all my adult life. I did drop down to a 12 back in 1997 when I hit 140, although I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid which had apparently helped me lose the weight. Since then I have gradually put it back on again. When I met my OH in 1999 I was about 170 and when I got pg in 2000 I was maybe 5 lbs heavier than that. I did drop all my pg weight and more, getting down to about 160 but it crept back up again. About two years ago my OH said something which changed my life. He said "You know, to lose weight, all you really need to do is eat what you want, when you want it."

BAD advice - I put on 30 lbs in about 6 months.

I had been studiously dashing out of shot every time someone got out a camera for some time but having seen the picture below from last Christmas when I didn't know I was in shot, I realised it was about time I did something about this.

So, I ate all my Christmas goodies up and decided 2nd January was my start date. I stepped on the scales and was stunned to see I was 15 stone 3 pounds (213 lbs) - I had thought maybe 14. I was just about still getting into my sizes 18s at that point and was on the point of having to start buying 20s.

My initial goal is to get back to the 140 I hit before, without the assistance of my now-normal thyroid this time. Then, depending on how I look and feel, I might try for 135 or maybe even 130.

I think the moment in my whole weight loss journey that has been most special to me is when my daughter could finally get both arms all the way round my waist and have her fingers meet at the other side.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:23 PM   #10  
Project Down-Sizing !!

oooooh a new flashy thread.. LOVE IT !!!

I am a fairly new member of the 100 lbs/1 year club, so following all my online friends over here

Lately I have become famous for my "fly-bys" but I am really trying to find some ME time so that I can focus on losing the weight that I have put on over the past 5 years.

During 2000/01 I had lost approx 110 lbs. Unfortunately when I lost the weight all I dealt with were food issues and didn't deal with the mental aspect.... so all the weight is back and it is time to kick it to the curb once and for all !!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and taking this journey together
Old 08-28-2006, 09:50 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies...My name is Cheryl I'm 53 and have been married for 34 years. I'm also an original poster from the 100 lb/1 year thread. I decided that 2006 was the year I was going to start taking care of ME. I was surfing the internet on New Years Eve and found 3FC's. I joined Weight Watchers and started posting on 3FC's on Jan 4th. My starting weight was 363, and so far I have loss 36 lbs. I take each day as it comes. I try to stay within my points and do some sort of exercise every day. I have always had a weight problem, and worked real hard to get down to 125 lbs my senior year in High School. Got married, and with the stress of military life, my husband always gone, pregancies and depression, the weight packed on. I have tried every diet out there, and have loss and gained hundreds of pounds. For some reason, this time is different. I couldn't of made it this far without the support and encouragement I have gotten from the wonderful ladies I met at 100lbs/1 year thread. I have two children, 7 3/4 grandchildren and two foster daughters. My hobbies are quilting, reading and listening to music. Posting my picture of me last May and one taken three weeks ago. Welcome to all the newbies. Look forward to getting to know you.
Cheryl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cheryl.JPG (3.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpe me and crater lake.JPE (15.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Cheryl120; 08-28-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:04 PM   #12  
Michelle

New Digs...I like it!

I'm Michelle. I am from the 100/1 yr thread-following the rest of the bunch over. Hmmm...about me?? Well, I am 33, divorced, no kids, unless you count the cats-guess you could say I'm one of those "career gals". I am the Bursar at a University in the Chicagoland area, and have worked in Higher Ed for the last 13 years. I absolutely love what I do...

I need to lose about 150lbs. Honestly, I have been heavy my entire life, and have always been fine with that-I was always active, and my weight never really was an issue for me. However, I ended up getting sick last year with a combo of upper respiratory ailments caused by terrible allergies to mold, pollen, grass, etc...(gotta love summer!!) and also had some serious throat/vocal cord issues. My long-dormant asthma flared up because of it, and I just felt miserable-guess then I realized that my weight didn't help the situation any! Long and short of it is that I ended up on steroids for about 6months, gained a bunch of weight, and realized that I felt like an old shoe. I've been off the steroids for about 2 months now, and have slowly started getting back in the swing of things weight-loss wise! I'm a calorie counter, and try to stay around 1800/day. Last fall, I had lost about 40lbs, and felt great, but then ended up on the steroids, and gained it back and then some!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know all of you...that said, my old friends know that this has been the summer from **** for me, and that school started today...so I am beat! Friday can't get here quick enough...I'm full up on sob stories already-and it's only Monday!!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone else!

Later gators!
Old 08-28-2006, 11:32 PM   #13  
Working on 'Project Me'

Default Happy Monday Evening!

Wow, it's great to see some posts happenin' here!

Robbin, hey girl! Thanks for the compliment and you ain't no sloppy cheerleader yourself!

Stacy, welcome and nice to meet you! I agree exercise means everything when you're trying to lose weight. We all know how important it is to burn some extra calories.

Shyla, glad you came! I hope you're feeling better soon and up at it to kick some more butt. Remember to keep knotching away one pound at a time!

Tammy, welcome and nice to meet you too! Wow, you've done amazingly well!! You should be so proud of what you've accomplished. That is a amazing tally for one year. Kudos to you! Sorry to hear of your relationship woes, I hope things work out for you both.

April, welcome and nice to meet you too! You have a lot on your plate, but seem so determined. And with that determination you'll find great rewards. I'm with ya with regards to being albe to buy some cuter clothing. I love to shop, especially lately. I'm finding I have a lot more wants than needs..LOL!

Hey Erin! I'm glad you made it over too! I would have definitely used my starting weight from the time I began too. You gotta claim every pound you worked to so hard to get off. Thanks for the compliment by the way. I always look forward to your posts aswell, just so you know.

Robsia, I'm sure you'll be able to obliterate your new goal. You've done so well, and it's been so inspiring to see someone so close to their goal.

Hey Louie! Glad you're enjoying the new digs! You can definitely kick the weight to the curb and could you kick some of mine too?!!

Hey Cheryl! We have such a similar story about how we began our journey. 2006 is still our year! Woo Hoo!

Ryanmi, glad you made it too! When you say school started today, I gotta ask how your grandmother is doing. You said she had impecable(sp?) timing.

Well ladies, I had an alright day. I spent the first half finishing up painting on my fence. Boy am I glad that's over! Then we were invited out for dinner, luckily it was a fish dish. I tried to be good, but had seconds...my bad! I hope it doesn't come back to bite me tomorrow. I really wanted to go for a walk around the neighborhood but got home too late. I think I'll be up and out early tomorrow to catch up on that.

Have a great nights rest and I'll see you tomorrow!

~Tina
Old 08-29-2006, 06:54 AM   #14  
rambler

Howdy Chicks!!! Quick post this am and then gotta run! Scale was up another pound this morning but i am really just not feeling right so thinking it may just be www. The new scale seems to be very accurate and i am defnitely liking that! I am not moving the ticker up yet until i get over whatever has me feeling so pyucky! Hope ya'll have a fabulous day and look forward to seeing everyone on this new thread!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:58 AM   #15  
rambler

April - we must have posted at the same time yesterday and I just saw your post as i was scanning back through so just wanted to give a personal howdy and let you know what a wonderful support this has been for me and I am sure you will find it the same for you! Looking forward to getting to know you more! Erin
Closed Thread