Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 11:27 AM   #16  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Merry Christmas all!!!!
I am soo excited cuz my mom completed my china pattern and my brothers completed my silverware!!!I am saving them for my new house!!! My mom even found some childrens plastic dishes in my china pattern!!!It is too funny!!!She got a set for SD#2 and the new baby!!!!(I have to stop calling him ANdrew!!!incase it is a girl!!!!! ..Plus it may be Jacques Alexander or Andrew Jacques or maybe Kayleigh Nicole...Who knows!!!I have to see the baby in the sonagram and then name it!!!!)

Hoping everyone is having a great Christmas!!!My brother made me Bread Pudding without the rum sauce for dessert last night!!!Yummy!!!!!My sister in law got me the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy..It is soo funny!!!

Take care!!!
RR
Old 12-26-2001, 09:13 AM   #17  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas!! Ours was nice too. FIL is still in the hospital, hopefully getting out today. They'll probably send him to DC sometime mid-January...probably for his birthday! I didn't really ask for anything in particular, except for a new pair of earrings, that my mom got me. Just plain little gold balls, like you get when you first get pierced. DH liked his watch and jeans. He was really surprised that I got him the Screw Out! Got a great pic from my brother and SIL of the kids. They came over for dinner at our apartment last month and SIL took two pics, one of me with the kids and one of DH with the kids. They turned out cute, so she got a double frame and put them in. I love it!

RR- That is soo cool that your mom found a plastic version of your china for SD#2 and "DB"!!

Jul- I don't know what I'd do without our little freezer! It's an upright and we love it. My aunt gave us the money to buy it for a wedding present.

I made my pie yesterday AM. It tasted great, but it looked like crap! You know how you pour the filling in, and it's really full? Well, I spilled in on the crust and the cookie sheet I had it on while putting it in the oven, and of course it burned and smelled horrible baking, but thank goodness it tasted good! There's one piece left, I'll probably have that tonight!

Guess I'll go find something to work on, to make it look like I did something this week!!
Old 12-26-2001, 09:40 AM   #18  
A princess in the making!

Default BFB--I am waiting!!

Okay all I have started WW today. Yes I am having a Diet Pepsi with what breakfast I find. I woke up really late....almost late for work.

I have my lunch with me and am not going anywhere near the candy bowl that is suddenly full again.

I am starting at 234.5lbs. Just makes me sick.

Will start again!!
Old 12-26-2001, 06:53 PM   #19  

Lauren--I had to giggle cuz all I wanted was some little gold balls like the oles U asked for and REfman found them!!!!I had some since I got the ears peirced the second time in 1981 and they finally broke soo it was nice to get more!!!I like little ones cuz I flip the ole stethoscope off and on the neck soo many times that I hate to pull any dangling ones from my ears...

Well, I am at exactly 4 lbs heavier since getting pg in October so I am right on track...After this week Mr Andrew(or Ms Whoever) will jump from 20grams to 60grams and keep on doubling!!!!!!

Well, off to cook!!!!
RR
Old 12-26-2001, 07:41 PM   #20  
LBH

Hi All,

FIL's finally home from the hospital. DH stopped there on his way home. Hopefully everything will be OK now, until he has to go to DC to have the longer radiation strips put in.

RR- I got chills just picturing the stethescope catching on a dangle earring! I have one other pair of earrings that my mom gave me for my birthday this year, but they're dangly ones. I like them, but I like to just wear the balls everyday, and I can sleep in them without worrying! When do you go for the sonogram, the 10th or something? I'm soo excited!!

Pryia- I was gonna try to start today, but I think I just need to wait until after the new year, when there's nothing around to tempt me, and I can concentrate more on my will power!

Have a nice evening all!
Old 12-27-2001, 06:32 AM   #21  
Pink Thingy

Default Pryia - here at last.....

OK, so I started back on WW today, one day later than promised.

Not a good start I know, but I am still going to trot out my feeble excuse. Here goes.....

Christmas Eve I must have gone to bed about 9pm, with what I thought was a headache behind my right eye. Woke on Christmas Day and the eye was throbbing. Every blink, movement etc hurt. Turns out Santa bought me an eye infection for a pressie . Well suffice to say I was wallowing in pity and one eye really hampers your progress in the kitchen.

We ate dinner at 7pm don't ask me what happened with the day! Anyway, coz we ate so late, there was no room for Christmas Pud, so I had to have some the following day.....

Hence the reason why I am starting one day later than promised. Just had to get it out of my system. I have had one small victory, Hubby must have bought the world supply of Paprika Pringles (eat these and you may as well have sold your soul to the ). Anyway I have had a few, and I seem to have lost the crave for them. Normally I can sit and eat a whole tube without blinking, then I would run and hid the tub in the bottom of the bin

Anyway, I weighed myself and it was not good. I am the heaviest I have ever been and have managed to be at least 7lbs heavier than when I originally started out. So here is the figure (if I can make the font miniscule I would) 207.5lbs. Sorry to jump on your bandwagon Pryia, but I feel sick too.
Old 12-27-2001, 07:34 AM   #22  
A princess in the making!

Default Happy Thrusday!

BFB-I sure hope you feel better soon. I hate those infections. What is the pudding you were talking about.

Better to jump on late than not at all. Funny though for me I would love to be 207 right now. And just think in June I was only 2lbs over that. I know I will get there again and by summer would be great. But I AM only looking at making it through today.

One thing that help. Is trying on the jeans I just bought. They are snug and to uncomfortable to wear. NO I am not taking them back for a bigger size. I know 10 lbs down and they will fit. So I just won't wear jeans for casual day this time. I guess I learned my lesson.

I try not to look at how well I was doing 6 months ago. Cause it makes me really mad. I could have lost so much more instead of gaining it back.

But never give up.

Okay breakfast and off to work time.

P
Old 12-27-2001, 09:03 AM   #23  
Pink Thingy

Default Christmas Pudding

If you are interested here's a link to a recipe http://www.deliaonline.com/recipesan...a&RecipeID=452. No I did not make mine, shop bought, but it's lovely and rich and a once a year thing. Delia Smith I think is the UK equivalent to Martha Strewart (I think she cooks or does she decorate)

I look back and am disappointed, but I can waste time looking back or go forward and do something about it.

I think I may fall into that dreaded "trap" of putting my weight in my signature as a constant reminder...... will have to think about that a bit more.............
Old 12-27-2001, 01:08 PM   #24  

I was afraid I would gain alot over the holiday and I think I ended up pretty good. 173.
I plan to try a little harder to add some exercise starting Jan 1. And I want to set a valentines day goal of 170. Its really been helping to make very small goals...it doesn't seem to hurt or make me feel deprived.

BFB: Sorry about the eye. Those infections can be nasty. I had one in high school and have never been able to wear contacts since then.

Thinking about taking the tree down this evening and work on getting the house back in order. My best friend gave me a gift of 40 hours of kid sitting so I can get everything organized and finish up my bookkeeping chores (I am so far behind). I think we're going to start this sunday and go thru friday on the 40 hours. I should be able to get a lot done in a regular 'work week' type of week.

- jul
Old 12-27-2001, 03:18 PM   #25  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default No Snow here...

Well we still don't really have any snow here but to be honest i'm pretty happy about that. I know it's going to pile on eventually and I'd rather wait as long as possible to haul out the boots and start worrying about driving conditions.

Well I had a fun couple of days off work and I ate a bit too much but I guess that's okay. It was tough for me to stop myself but I didn't weigh myself yesterday or today (for me it's a miracle). I knew I must have gained a bit and I wanted to have a couple of good days before I get on the scale. Yesterday and today have been okay (Monday and Tuesday - not) so I'll get on tomorrow, check the damage and try to be good until New Years and then it's back on track. I know I'll splurge a bit on New Years and I bought the fixin's for Cosmopolitans (yum) so I want to enjoy myself. I hardly ever drink but I think New Years is a good excuse to splurge a bit on the alcohol, especially since I won't be driving anywhere. After Jan. 2nd I'll think about a Valentine's day goal. I really want to get under 150 but I think that might be a while.

Jul - sounds like you did alright on the eating front over Christmas so that's great!

BFB - I'm going to check out that pudding but the truth is the last thing I need is another fattening yummy recipe - I've got plenty of those. And it sounds like you're already heading back on the right track with those horrilbe Pringles but maybe you should get the hubby to stop buying them. I'm so bad when stuff is in the house, which is why things are difficult right now. We have so much chocolate (my weakness). You can do this!

Pryia - it also sounds like you have the right attitude so good luck with your new start!

Lauren - hope your FIL's doing alright. I know what you mean about things when they look like crap but taste good. But tasting good is the most important part! I often spill my pies so I always keep a cookie sheet underneath so that the oven doesn't get a mess, but the spillage does burn. What kind of pie was it - did you say??

RR - only 4 pounds sounds so great - I can easily gain that without being pregnant!!

Elisa
Old 12-27-2001, 04:59 PM   #26  

Hello!!!Busy day at work soo I am hanging out in my bum out clothes the rest of the evening!!!

Lauren-soo glad the FIL is home..Hope all else goes well with him.

Pryia and BFB--Congrats on getting on track again!!!I will be right with U in July!!!!!!

Elisa-Toronto last Christmas was the coldest my body had ever been....I think my face was numb the entire 4 days we were visiting!!!!Boxing day was my favorite....We even braved the cold to visit some packed record store downtown!!!

Have a great day all!!!!
VIcki
Old 12-28-2001, 12:24 PM   #27  
LBH

Hi All,

OK, where is everybody?! I'm at work, slacking off. Played hooky yesterday! Will be playing hooky again Monday, since I have no time left!

I'm starting to get excited about moving. Called Verizon and the Cablevision this AM and made arrangements to have the services transferred. Cable said I have to call back in a couple weeks because they don't have the schedules up for February yet. Verizon even let me pick out a phone number!! So as long as DH likes it, we've got our phone number!! Even though we take occupancy 1/15, I'm scheduling everything for 2/1, because by the time we get everything moved, it'll probably be 2/1! DH & I are going to the bank tomorrow AM to sign the lease and have it notarized.

BFB- Congrats on staying away from the chips...now, stay away from the pudding!!

Pryia- Great attitude about the jeans!! You go!!

Jul- Good for you staying pretty much in control, not going overboard!

Elisa- It was Pumpkin Pie...have to make another one for Tuesday dinner. I have one bag of pumpkin left in the freezer from the pumpkin I bought in the fall and cooked in the pressure cooker!

I have to say, I made a great dinner last night! I had a couple boneless center cut pork chops that I took out of the freezer last weekend that I had sealed with the vacu-lock thing. I had put some sesame ginger marinade in with them before freezing about a month ago. I had a half an onion and an apple, which I chopped up and put half the mix in the oven with the chops. Then I cut my butternut squash in half and nuked it for 10 minutes. I scooped out a little of it and mixed it with some stuffing mix I made. Added the other half of the apple/onion mix to it and put it in the halves and stuck it in the oven. Baked it for about 30 minutes. Those were the moistest chops I've ever had, and the flavor was incredible!! And the squash was just delicious! Sorry to toot my own horn, but when something I make comes out that good, I can't help it...I'm not exactly Betty Crocker!! DH said it was really good, and he's not big on pork chops or squash!!

OH well, nothing much else going on. FIL is home and resting. Hope everyone has a great New Year's! We'll be at the IL's probably...not really my idea of a good time, but it'll make FIL happy.

Last edited by LBH; 12-28-2001 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-28-2001, 02:37 PM   #28  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Lauren - dinner did sound yummy and you're certainly allowed to toot your own horn!

I did get on the scale this morning - not pretty! Back up 1.5!! I've been up and down the same couple of pounds for the last couple of weeks but I guess that's not too bad considering all the chocolate that's been floating around. I'm going to try to enjoy myself (but not too much) until January 2nd and then I'll see where I am and start my Valentines Day goal. I know I'll be able to get back on track and I'd been doing pretty well. As I said before I REALLY want to break that 150 mark. It will be so exciting since I'll be closer to my post honeymoon weight which I think was 146. I still have some pants and shorts (and even a couple of dresses) that don't quite fit and I'd love to be able to wear.

Hope everyone's having a good week and getting ready for a great New Years!

We can make 2002 a great and successful year!!

Elisa
Old 12-28-2001, 05:41 PM   #29  

Good Evening all!!!

I had a scare today...I had been feeling really weird the last 2 days and panicked cuz I couldn't find the heartbeat..I had been really emotional and teary and last night it was worse..Today at work I just imagined that I didnt have a baby anymore and just got more upset..(very hormonal!!!)DH was trying to convince me that if I miscarried, then the I would have cramps or bleeding and I was symptom free..He made an appointment for the nurse to find the heartbeat today and met me at the MD's office...She could not find the heartbeat, and I started crying more...soo they did an ultrasound.The nurse went to get the doctor cuz she couldnt see anything and when the doctor did the ultrasound, I saw this little teany baby moving around with its heart beating very fast and normal!!!I started giggling which made the Doctor loose the pic and she smiled and told me to quick moving.... She did however say that the fetus was too small for 14weeks and she thinks I am less PG than I am..which is weird cuz AF came last in Sept and I tested positive Oct 23..I have to have some kind of vaginal ultrasound thing Wed to date the fetus and determine the due date, soo I willl see...I just feel great that I did see the baby and it was beautiful!!!!

Well, off to rest after a stressful day!!!
Vicki
Old 12-28-2001, 06:33 PM   #30  

HELLO ALL!

I am back from the holidays with my family. Had a great time. Sounds like everyone here had a nice holiday - I read through this post - but didn't read last weeks.

RR - glad the baby is okay!

I have missed WW for weeks & didn't make it last night either. I started counting points again today (have not done that for quite a while) and it is hard, hard, hard! I threw out the cookies leftover today - I do not want anything in the house. I will have to face the scale next Thursday & that should really help me get back on track - but I'm hoping to get back on track myself before then.

To those of you who did so well over the holidays - congratulations - you are my hereos!

To those of you working to straighten themselves out - I'm with you!

I'll have to join that valentines day goal thread once I know what I weigh. Or maybe I just put how many pounds to lose . . .

Peace all.

RABBIT
Closed Thread