South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Murmers - September 18

Wakey! Wakey!
It's a sunny day in the neighbourhood so let's carpe diem!
There aren't going to be that many more summery days so......

Back in a bit.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Making The Most Of It Monday

Good Morning Girls,

Still not feeling stellar today, but I just wanted to say hi, and send good wishes out to Faye and her DH, Jack, for his surgery today. My prayers are with you.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back and see that Cottage and I were posting at the same time!

Cottage, I'm so sorry you still are feeling cruddy. Look after yourself.

Faye, we'll all be thinking of you and your DH today.

This morning I'll be doing a major kitchen clean-up because things are just getting out of hand. When you live by yourself, it's easy to get into untidy habits. I need Flylady on my back! The dishwasher is running and so is the washer so I'm well started.

This afternoon is the first of my painting classes. I dug out the acrylics, brushes, etc., and found seven "not quite finished" paintings. I think I may just start over.

Yesterday, I decided to try to connect my DVD player and ended up managing to screw up the TV and the cable! OY! All I can do now is use the VCR - no news and I missed Greys Anatomy! I think I will call in a techie as this whole thing is beyond me. I can connect computers but not other stuff!

Anyhow, it's not going to ruin my day! I can live without TV for a bit.

What's happening on your "Make the Most of it Monday"? (Great title, Cottage!)
Old 09-18-2006, 09:59 AM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Lost a pound this week low carbing. My doctor just called and told me since I've been low carbing my cholestrol #'s blumaged downward. I'm so pleased to hear the great news. Now I know what my balance is. He told me I'm very sensitive to bread/grain carbs and if I want to continue to have great #'s along with my weight going down I have to follow this trend.

Ruth-I'm awake,just had to do some thing around the house before I started posting.I'm taking advantage of the sunny day by going down to the beach and get some walking done.

Cottage-Sorry you're not feeling well.Take it easy,try stirringup some chicken soup.That always makes me feel better.Hope you bvetter in the morning.

Faye-[[[Prayers]]] are going out for your Jacks sucessful surgery

Hugs BB
Old 09-18-2006, 10:41 AM   #5  

Morning, ladies! I'm almost afraid to say that my weight is doing great this morning. I'm almost to this month's goal. Yeah! I am PLANNING on going to the gym after work. I may even make my exercise goal this month which would also be a first in quite some time.

I had a great weekend. I worked quite a bit (over 5 hours yesterday building out servers) and still have other to build out but we are not going to push ourselves too hard. Talk to everyone later!

Faye - I'm thinking of you today.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Where the heck is everyone? So my official weigh-in day is Wednesday but I was down to a delicious 143.8 on Saturdya morning! So exciting to see the numbers moving again! Went and did a Spin class with my room mate this morning - Kicked my butt! Made me realize that I'm in great eliptical/jogging shape but not in good bike riding shape - I'm excited because my room mate is pretty depressed about her shape so hopefully we can hold eachother accountable. It FINALLY RAINED HERE IN AUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Like all night long, so it was SO HARD getting up this morning, wouldn't have made it to the gym if we hadn't been there to hold eachother accountable.

Barb - That is SO AWESOME about surpassong your exercise goal! Sounds like you and my BF do the same thing for a living - he's an "IT" guy

Beach Bum - Congrats on losing a pound! Feels so good!

Ruth - I'm the same way with electronics and my house needs a serious cleaning overhaul! Just so hard to get motivated.

Cottage - Get well soon.

Faye - Taking this moment right now to say a prayer for you and Jack.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:00 PM   #7  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Afternoon Chicks - sorry no time to post much other than I wish I were outside instead of inside at work - only a few more hours to go.

Fay: You and Jack are in my thoughts and Prayers - may God be with the both of you!!!! Please keep us posted.

Back to work - hope you all are having a GREAT day.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Just realized, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY BUNNY!

Old 09-18-2006, 06:07 PM   #9  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

It's a bit late in the day to be posting, although I have been up since 6:30 this morning! Today marks 1 week of 'being on the beach' and also 1 week of working full-time at my job, so it was a week of adjustments all round. I'm still not used to the early mornings!

I also did my first weigh-in this morning and I lost 3.5 pounds (although my ticker rounded it up to 4), which I figure is a good start, even though I have a loooooong way to go.

I'm off to look around the recipe forum to find a few more to try out this week.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Closed Thread