Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #1  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Curves 6-week solution

Hey everyone! I think I am going to join the Curves 6-week solution starting on Monday. I was just wondering if anyone had doane it and what you thought. I've done WW before but was just looking for something to help my metabolism. I might continue with WW after the 6-weeks if I feel I need to. Anyway any info would help. THANK!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Funny, I was just going to post the same thing! I've been doing a lot of running on the treadmill but I think I need something to start firming up. I wonder is Curves gives you enough of a strength/muscle building workout to help firm arms. legs, tummy etc...
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #3  
Curves 6-week solution

Default Hi

Well I have been working out there for a few months now. When I first joined I worked out a lot and noticed results right away. I had belonged to Golds Gym for quite awhile and thought maybe it wouldn't be enough cardio or weights to make a differerence but it did! However I just finished a stressful year in a Master's program and am now teaching my first 4th grade class and have fallen off the wagon so to speak. Anyway I am hoping this new program will get me back into the working out routine and to lose some of this weight I've put on in the last few months. Join with me and we can do it together!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:39 PM   #4  
Curves 6-week solution

Default Update

Not sure if anyone is really even following this thread but I went to my first meeting last monday and our food plan starts this monday. We got our bag of goodies and the chocolate shakes are pretty good. The leader also said the vitamins were the best out there, I took that with a grain of salt since obviously she benefits from us buying the vitamins, however I have been feeling really dragged down lately, just from starting school at all that but the first day I took the vitamins I had so much more energy! I couldn't beleive it! They are definitely awesome vitamins. So I guess I will post again after I start the eating program. I know I can do it and it sounds like a good program so wish me luck!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #5  

HI Yes, I'm here following along!

gald to see that you had results with curves. What is this program that you are talking about? is it a curves thing? I didn't know they had an eating program. Keep me posted.

PS congrats on the masters and teaching ! how exciting for you!
Old 09-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #6  
Curves 6-week solution

Ya the food plan is called the Curves 6 week solution and it follows the book they give you when you sign up. There's a small quiz at the beginning of the book that tells you which diet you should go on and the plan is supposedly going to boost your metabolism so that you start burning more fat and eventually can get off the diet because your body is more efficient. They say that with other diets it starves your metabolism so you have to always stay on the diet in order to not gain any weight back. Anyway, I'll keep you updated on how I do and if I like it etc. Thanks for the congratulations, it was a hard year but I'm having a blast now.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #7  

Thanks. I will look forward to hearing how your doing on it! Good luck!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/144/130

Height: 5'3

I just joined on Monday. I'll get my book tomorrow at my 3rd workout. I'm very excited about this.
hannamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #9  
Curves 6-week solution

Default Yay!

So glad to hear about another member. Are you going to follow the 6 week solution or just try the workouts first?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 232/230/185

Height: 5'6

I did the 6-week solution last november. Personally if need support around you to help you lose weight, this plan is awesome. However if yourr cheap like myself its a waste of money, all you basically do if discuss the book and what not. It does work, ladies in my group lost 20 pounds or more.
Lisa_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:30 AM   #11  

How are their workouts though? On TV it looks like a joke. HOw much can you get from one machine shen youhave todo a whole circuit in 30 minutes? It seems like you spend about 5 minutes on a machine because there has to be at least 6 machines or so, no? Do you actually feel sore the next day from going there? do YOu notice a difference inyour muscle tone?

THanks
maggie
Old 09-21-2006, 12:27 AM   #12  
Curves 6-week solution

If you put your all into the workout like you are suppose to it's a GREAT workout. I just went tonight and really concentrated on pushing myself and I'm sitting here trying to get my limbs to work right. LOL At my curves there are 11 machines with step pads in between, you go as hard as you can on the machines for 30 seconds, then jog in place in between machines, then go hard on the next machine. As I said before I've belonged to Gold's Gym and worked out hard there for 1 hour or more and I get just as good of a workout at Curves and it's way less time.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:20 AM   #13  

ook, now I get it! Hmm sounds pretty good! i'l have to check it out further!
thanks
maggie
Old 09-26-2006, 01:09 AM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

Lost 5.5 pounds last week in case anyone was wondering. I am pretty stoked. Can't wait to see what this week brings. I know it will be less because there is the initial water weight thing but I am excited to be on the road to losing!
Old 09-29-2006, 09:05 PM   #15  

I'm going to Curves on Wednesday to check it out! I'm really excited. They said there are 13 machines and you're on each one for 30 seconds two times. That sounds so easy, although I'm sure it's not. The membership is $29 a month, anyone know what the registeration fees are? I'm sure they're different everywhere but I just want to get a general idea of what to expect. It seemed like she didn't want to answer my questions until I go in there. Dh is wanting me to know BEFORE though. LOL

I'll have to check out this program too.
FatBeGoneNow is offline   Reply With Quote