View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #127
ryanmi72
Michelle

Hi Gals!

I am soo freakin' happy ...after 1 1/2 years I have FINALLY found out what is wrong with me-why everytime I step outside during spring, summer, or fall, I am miserable and can hardly breathe ...Turns out, I am highly allergic to outdoor mold, and to trees-oak, maple, willow, pecan, walnut...all nut trees (and those nuts as well). I had the scratch tests and injections done yesterday. On a scale of 1-4 with 4 being the most severe, I scored 4 almost immediately on molds and trees...then he gave me 9 (yes, i said NINE) shots of different kinds of those to see what triggered, and sure enough, outdoor mold and those trees triggered again almost immediately! While I'm not thrilled about the being allergic part, nor am I looking forward to the shots every week, I am so happy to finally figure out what the **** is wrong...I've been going crazy and beng miserable for all of this time. I mean, I know I'm not in the greatest shape, but I should be able to walk from the car to the building without getting congested and wheezy! Anyway, I start the shots a week from Monday...once a week for 6 months, then every other week for another 6 months, then maintainance for 3-5 years...I guess it's a fair trade-off for breathing!

I just finished riding my bike...yay!!!!!!! I only did half a mile before I started getting wheezy but still...I plan to do it 2x a day...morning and evening. We'll see how that goes...

Sounds like everyone is doing well on plan and losing lots! I did not do so well this week, but am cooking today so that I have food to eat for lunches and dinners this week...I do so much better when I don't have to worry what to eat...

Oh well...I'm gonna run and get some stuff done...have a great weekend all!