South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:38 AM   #1  

Default Weekend on the Beach

Yeah! I get to start the thread! I think I'd rather be sleeping though.

I'm waiting for a server to be rebooted so I can recycle applications on 6 other servers. I'm getting a fair amount of work done while waiting at least. I hope I can go back to sleep after they are done but I may be too awake. Oh, well, I should be able to sleep Saturday night (other than my pager going off a few times but I shouldn't have to get up - just check the message and ignore it).

I never got to post in the daily yesterday. Too busy at work. I did get to the gym which felt good after missing it for 3 days. I'm thinking of skipping the gym to donate blood this morning. Supplies of my type are critical and they've been calling me. I can still get some less strenuous exercise in afterwards (just not weight lifting like I normally do on Saturdays).

Today the Scouts are going to a skating party and then they will hand out all the stuff for selling Popcorn. Yes, it is that time of year again when all our time is sucked up by popcorn. My son loves the prizes and is very competitive so as long as he has his homework done then either DH or I will take him around. Last year he earned a Nintendo DS and then won the raffle for a free bike. Hmm. Wonder if we can fit a bike ride in this weekend now that it is cooler?

Have a great on plan weekend everyone!
Old 09-16-2006, 07:22 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies! It is going to be another beautiful day here. I am waiting for the sun to come up so I can go out and walk. We have to go make a bank deposit, which is clear out by the Navy base so we will stop in at the commissary and pick up some things I need for company like bacon, juice, extra milk, extra eggs etc. Then it is back home and I still have the upstairs bath to clean than the house is all ready for company this evening. My sil and niece should be here about 6 or so. They live in Lubbock, Tx.

Barb: I beat you getting up, but didn't know if this part of the forum has a particular procedure for starting a thread so I just waited until someone started one to post. I have already done my yearly duty for my grandson for his school fund raiser. The PTA has their fund raiser two weeks into school and it is like a catalogue of stuff. It is all way too expensive because they get 50% of the proceeds but I try and buy as much as I can so my grandson can earn the prize he wants. He always wants the principal of the day award (the way this fund raiser goes it is on number of items sold not monetary and what ever level you earn at you get every prize before yours plus your level) so I think they have like Pizza parties etc for those who sell less. I ended up having to buy 10 items so he could get his prize so I am going to have lots and lots of wrapping paper, etc for Christmas as that is about all that I bought. Funny, with Jack being out of work for 2 months Christmas is going to be skinnier this year. I usually spend about $250 for Thomas and $100 for each of our kids and sil and dil then Jack and I just buy whatever we want for the house or whatever. I also usually start shopping for stuff around this time and can't. The only thing I have so far is 3 books I bought for Thomas earlier in the year and I bought him a subscription to HiLight magazine that starts in January. I may have to scale him back to about $100 and the kids to $50 each this year. Thomas hardly goes without. He is the only child and grandchild on both sides, the only nephew of my son and dil and my sil's unmarried sister so he usually gets a load of stuff every year anyway. He knows his Nonny is good for $$$$ when I see him though and that is going to be hard to tell him I can't until his granddad goes back to work.

I am on day 6 of SB and rolling along just fine. I kind of dread all the hospital time though. They have a lousy cafeteria and if you don't get down there early the salad bar is stripped bare. I am used to being at the hospital and having chips and soda in his hospital room so I am going to have to try and maybe take stuff with me to eat.

Well, it is getting to be that time so I should get dressed in my walking clothes and get ready to head out so I can get back and make me some breakfast.

Have a great morning everyone and a super weekend!

Faye
Old 09-16-2006, 07:29 AM   #3  

It's still too dark yet to even see if the newspaper is out there. I actually got up at 4 and then they started late. Now they are having problems with the server and we only have a half hour left in the maintenance window. If I'd know they were going to have this much trouble I would have just waited until they paged me rather than getting up but I did get quite a bit of work done while waiting. Now I'm reading a book and keeping an eye on my Jabber to see when they are ready for me.

Faye - I wonder if you would do best packing one of those lunch bags with an ice pack. I can fit quite a bit into mine. Usually a container of leftovers, raw zucchini, raw cauliflower and even a yogurt. Anyone can start the daily or weekend thread. You just have to pick a name for it which is always the hardest part for me.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 296/267/180

Height: 6'1"

Default One more day...

One more day and it's VACATION TIME!

Whoa! Barb you are up at an ungodly time for a Saturday. My alarm hadn't even gone off when you posted! Good luck with the servers.

Gma2one: Yes, it is sad that most of the people who own pit bulls are thugs and gang-related. There ARE some wonderful, responsible pit bull owners out there, but they are very rare. I'm also sad to say that your story doesn't surprise me- I've been called out in just such a situation several times. Someone "stole" someone else's dog. People use our agency to wage "neighborhood wars" as I call it, calling in bogus calls just to irritate their neighbors, or to falsely accuse them of something. When I get in that situation I usually ask for just what you and your husband provided - irrefutable proof that the dog was yours - as if the dog's behavior wouldn't tip anyone with half a sense off right away! I'm sure he is your baby, and acts accordingly! If you have vet records, photos, or purchase papers, as any responsible pet owner would have (minus the purchase papers occasionally), then establishing ownership is easy.

I have a friend at the Curves that I go to that has an even more bizarre story! Her son adopted a small dog from the local animal shelter (he was living with his parents) and they had had the dog for a few months when the shelter called back and told them that they think a possible owner had surfaced for the dog, but that it was now legally theirs, did they want to talk to the other person about the dog? They had grown very fond of the dog, and said no, that if it took the owner several months to look for their dog, either it wasn't their dog, or they really weren't concerned about it.

About two weeks later a strange woman appeared at their door demanding that they give her back her dog! She started getting agitated, so they had to call the Police to get her to leave. She then started calling them on the phone all the time, demanding "her" dog back! Very upset, my friend called their animal control (in a sister city to where I work) and demanded to know how the woman had gotten her information.

They told her that about a week previously they had been broken into, and their files gone through - it must have been that lady! Now my friend said that she was really scared, what kind of normal person would do such a thing? About 2-3 nights later they woke up to their larger dog barking in the back yard - the crazy lady was in the back yard trying to get into the house! They called the Police, and the lady was arrested. My friend found out later that she a known drug user, and had allegedly been on Meth when she tried to break into the house! Scary, huh? There are some truly crazy people out there!

Your sweetie pie is a cutie! I think that I have seen maybe three yorkies in the ten years I've worked animal control - people who have them take care of them!

LitChick & BaDAONKadonk: Good to see newbies like me posting, I'm just jumping into the pond myself - errr.. or should I say strolling on the "beach"? I've also just joined this September.

Lit Chick - to answer your question, "Do many owners take their dogs back?" Unfortunately, or fortunately, as it is, only about 25%. We require that the dogs be sterilized (most think the dog is then useless), and tattooed to mark it as a Banned Breed Violator, so that if we pick it up in the city again, the owner is required to appear in court for huge fines, and the dog can be put down by the courts. Most of these dogs have been ruined for ownership, and are aggressive or socially unadoptable, and/or VERY animal aggressive - that's all that they have been taught! The puppies we try to get to Pit Bull Rescue groups, who then sterilize them and get them to RESPONSIBLE owners. It's sad, but I'd much rather euthanize them then have them live the life that most of them are living.

I'm going to teach the canine CPR class today, and there will be lots of hot dogs, hamburgers and ICE CREAM! S.O.S. - send willpower dust immediately!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Jules
Old 09-16-2006, 08:20 AM   #5  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Chickies - looks like everyone is up and at em this morning. Not much planed for today - going to hit the farmers market - out of all my good veggies - other than that just hang out with my dd and maybe clean out her room.

Havn't had breakfast yet - don't feel too well this am - so I am not sure if I want to try and eat.

It is gloomy out here - looks like it might rain AGAIN.

PSU has another home game this week so town must be pretty packed - we will stay far away from there - thank God I got my food shopping in early this week.

Well I must let my dd have the computer for now - so I will check in later today.

Stay sunny chickies
Old 09-16-2006, 08:56 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Saturday morning. Life is good! I have coffee and sunshine for a change. I think it's time to get out my SAD light for dreary days.

Barb, when I read your posts, I am soooo glad I've retired. Those all nighters are killers. You certainly manage a very busy daytime life too!

Faye, just go ahead and start the daily or the weekender! There's no need for a "witty" title at all. You sound completely ready for your company and the next stressful week. Remember to take care of YOU as well as your family!

Jules, I really must learn canine CPR. I spend so much time with my own Girls and other people's dogs, that it really is a must. If you were closer, I'd ask you to teach a course for our TheraPaws team. www.tpoc.ca

RMT, I hope you feel better fast. It's a shame to waste a weekend feeling punky.

Today is the Lyndhurst Turkey Fair! Lyndhurst used to be the village where the farmers brought their fowl for sale in September so this is now an annual event in the next village. There are sales, a children's parade, decorating contests (many turkeys made of round bales of hay), a quilt show, street musicians and the grande finale - a turkey race! I plan to pop over there later this morning for a bit but need to be home this afternoon to bake a chocolate zucchini cake for after Church coffee tomorrow. There is also some organizing to do for the Terry Fox cancer walk tomorrow. Yes, I live in a psuedo Mayberry!

Of course, I plan to dabble away at fall cleanup too and may switch my door wreaths to the fall ones.

Have a sunny day even if it's gloomy where you are!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:58 AM   #7  

Morning chicks!

Sounds like lots of people were dragging yesterday morning, today that is me! The baby was up several times crying in her sleep last night. I am one of those mom's who isn't a believer in letting her cry it out, so I was up everytime she cried. I think our allergies are bothering all of us and she was having a hard time sleeping.

Cottage- So sorry to hear that Maggie is still feeling so bad. I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't get it!

Barb Yuck- 4:30 on a Saturday?? Not fun- and it sounds like your day is awfully busy on top of that.

Faye Enjoy your weekend and your company!

Bird Enjoy your vacation and your downtime to read.

Not much planned for the weekend- the usual laundry and chores. We may go swim at my mom's, but I am not sure the weather will cooperate today. DH actually has tomorrow off, so we will be able to attend church together and cozy up to watch football for the remainder of the day.

Funds are tight until payday this week, so I am going to stock up on a few things at the store today and then just make it through. This is not a way of eating for the financially strapped, but I know I can do it with some diligence!

I was just getting ready to mention that my house was awfully quiet this morning, but now I hear Megan crying- gotta go!
Old 09-16-2006, 09:01 AM   #8  

Morning Ruth- we were posting at the same time!! I would love to visit your pseudo Mayberry. It sounds really neat!
Old 09-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Guhmorning. Wasn't going to stay out late last night but I was just going to use the restroom at midnight before we left the club and went doo-de-doo-de-doo w'LIPPP!!!!! (That's the noise I make when I fall down. w'LIPP!!) Friends said that I suddenly just disappeared. Lucas heard the noise but nobody knew where I went. Well I really wasn't hammered, I fell because the men's urinal was pouring water all over the place, and there was an invisible (until you stepped in it) lake in front of the restrooms. I didn't hurt myself but I was SOAKED. Then we had to figure out how to shut it off without a wrench and unplug everything so we could mop it all up.

An hour later we were on our way home. YAWN. I don't wanna work todayyyyy. I want to sleeeeeep.

Hope you all have a looovely day. I'm going to hope I can survive mine.

Lisa
Old 09-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #10  

Everything is back up now. So I got up at 4Ct and then everything was done by 8:30. Oh, well, I have printed out the sorted list of everyone who bought popcorn last year so he can start with the busier streets. And he's going to skip one street where some of our new scouts live until they have had plenty of time to sell on their street.

I am just now eating breakfast then off to donate blood. See everyone later!
Old 09-16-2006, 01:59 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

What a beautiful day we have on the Cape had to take advantage and walked along the beach,than I planned my menus for the week.Waiting to hear from my doctor on Thursday results to my cholestrol blood test. Hope the Numbers went down.

Starting some thing different on Mon. Doctor suggested to go on a low carb for a while.,he says that I'm not losing weight because I'm carb sensitive.So I guess I'm be some kind of Phase 1 [no carbs at all]until I get the scale moving down again.

Have a wonderful afternoon

Hugs BB
Old 09-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #12  

Lisa: UGH, the men's urinal. Even clean water is icky then it being on the floor and all, you poor thing. Glad you didn't hurt yourself! It is going to be awhile before Jack and I can wander back down to Beale Street. It is a cool place to go, especially in the summer months. They are having some kind of wing ding down there this weekend so I am sure all the bars and clubs will be packed!

Barbara: What a nice boy you have to be considerate of the new guys! You should be very proud of him.

Kiko: Hope Megan is feeling better this afternoon. I hate it when the little ones gets colds or allergies. The poor things are so miserable but don't know how to tell you what they need.

Better get out of here. I have a video I need to check on and my dd and grandson should be here soon. I haven't seen him in about 3 weeks so he is going to get an extra big hug from his Nonny today.

Faye
Old 09-16-2006, 09:48 PM   #13  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Talking

WOO HOO!

Not to brag, but of course I am going to, I have nearly hit my goal for September, and we are only halfway through! I found my measurement card while cleaning up, and did a remeasure, and I couldn't believe that I was down again. Well, I didn't weight myself this morning, because of a slow start due to this allergy thing I have going on. So I finally weighed myself just now...and I was down again! And my period is about to start (have been spotting and cramping all day - but has been delayed due to this cold. or allergies or whatever it is).

I am still loving South Beach so much! I need to schedule more gym time more regularly, so I can start to firm up some of these areas that are shrinking. And I start hockey class tomorrow, so that should help also.

I went shopping today for new warmups to wear for hockey class, and I felt good looking in the mirror!

Woo Hoo! I could not have done ANY of this without this site and all of you! You have been so supportive and so inspiring, even when I am just lurking and not posting as much as I should.

Thanks everybody, and keep going ya'll - we can do this together!
Old 09-16-2006, 10:21 PM   #14  

Good for you Louren! That is just great! I have 2 lbs to take off to accomplish my Sept goal, but I started SB just a week ago so gave myself a 3 lbs a week for the whole month so I am pleased. I am also back to 100% on my walking and that is good too. Keep up the great work!
Old 09-17-2006, 08:40 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Sunday Morning Ladies

Have to get ready for church will post later,just wanted you to know that I lost 1-lb at this morning W-I. Going to continue the low carbing like my doctor suggested.

Hugs BB
Closed Thread