South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/278 (doc visit 10/22)/130

Height: 5'5 (and one-quarter!)

Default Any other "Beach Watchers" out there?

I LOVE South Beach (insulin resistant, carbs don't like me, etc.), but I found that when I initially tried it, I lost very little weight, although I felt FANTASTIC. I have since figured out that I was simply eating too much. You know, with the usual culprits: nuts, cheese, etc. So I sadly went back to WW, which works, but has too much "freedom" for me to really be healthy and lower my blood sugar and BP quickly (even w/o exercise, but I'm working on that).

So for the last 2 days, I've been on Phase 1 (I do eat one 6 oz. SF/FF yogurt per day though....can't give it up, but there is no HF corn syrup in it or anything), and I already feel 100% better. I've gone way over points, as it's hungry time for the first few days, and we have nuts in the house (SIGH. I'm gonna make DF take them to work).

Anyways, I am doing great with the SB rules again, and just need to get the overeating under control. I have TOM right now, so things will ease up in a few days....we all know how rough that is.

I'd love to hear from anyone about anything

PS--I have lots of recipes, and I love to share! Will do that often
Old 09-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

you actually are supposed to have 2 cups of dairy (milk or NF yogurt) each day starting in phase 1
and beans....

welcome.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #3  

Default Thanks Nessa!

I know, I just thought I had read that it had to be plain yogurt, which makes me bazooka barf Gots to have me some flavor

I do consume the skim milk and FF/1% cottage cheese as well

I eat tons of beans too, I love them! Especially FF refried, black, and kidney Yum!

I also try to get calcium via tofu and broccoli....especially stir-fried together.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

have you ever tried adding jello powder to your ff yogurt? i liked the sf cranberry and a couple of splenda the best....
Old 09-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #5  

OMG Nessa, that is frickin' GENIUS! Never heard of that!

I think DF and I will finish our current yogurt supply, and then I'll switch us to plain w/Jello and Splenda

Thanks a million!
Old 09-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

glad to help that's what this place is all about.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #7  

Hear hear!

Thanks again!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #8  
Michael Ann 1973

Hey Halloween Girl,

So glad you are back on the beach. I, too, have returned and am enjoying all the wonderful foods that I am eating again. I also feel so much better and more in control.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm a Beach Watcher! Or a Weight Beacher. Or something....

I lost 14 lbs on SBD but decided that the lifestyle isn't something I can do for the rest of my life so I kind of do a Phase 2/WW type of thing.

Good luck to you!
Old 09-10-2006, 01:16 PM   #10  

Yeah <b>Weezle</b>, P1 is ROUGH, but I know I can handle it for 2 weeks. I am a big fruit (and veggie) eater, and the apples in the crisper keep calling to me, LOL. I can do it though

Phase 2/WW is exactly what I'll be doing in the long term. It's simply fantabulous!
Old 09-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #11  

HalloweenGirl! I love Halloween tooo darlink! You're doing soooooo FABU!!! Keep it up... I do South Beach, WW, calorie counting... hybrid...

So when's this Vegas wedding? Me and DH were wed by Elvis at the sooo tackalicious Viva las Vegas Chapel.. Elvis rules duncha know.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #12  

Hi Schatzi! Hee hee, cute avatar I love Halloween for sure, (my fave holiday), but I actually got the nickname in high school I was a "goth" (still am, within reason, LOL, I'm nearly 27), and some dumb girl thought she'd be insulting me when she said "Oh look, there's Jen....HalloweenGirl! She thinks every day is Halloween!" I said, why not? And thanked her for the compliment

We're having a cheapo "courthouse" wedding on 12/10....we'd rather save our money for gambling and partying, LOL

Yeah, BeachWatchers is working like crazy for me Loves it!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle View Post
I'm a Beach Watcher! Or a Weight Beacher. Or something....
Weezle, you always crack me up, girl...in a very good way. Thanks!

Welcome, HalloweenGirl! Glad to have you and your positive energy with us. I think it's absolutely brilliant for anyone to figure out what works for then and then do it! Good for you!

You can add tons of stuff to yogurt...one of the best, I think, is SF syrups. I regularly add vanilla to mine, then add mixed berries and SF granola. Yum! I also add a tablespoon of SF jam, a packet of splenda (obviously, I like it sweet! ), some cinnamon, and a 1/4 cup of Ezekiel 4:9 cereal (like Grape Nuts). Yum!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:37 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I could have called myself a Beached Whale, but I thought I'd go a little lighter. Sometimes it's a tough crowd.

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veggies and hummus.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:12 AM   #15  

Halloween: I am on day 5 and have done pretty darn good. I finally went ahead and got on the scale this morning though I kept telling myself I would wait until Monday, which would end my first week. I weighed myself 6 times to be sure, but I am 10 lbs down so it does work. If I get hungry it is around 2 PM then after dinner. If I feel an all out "I am going to go and eat" comes on me in the evening, I go and get a tablespoon of peanut butter and eating it slowly with a glass of water! I know, sounds weird, but in the two times I did it, I was then ok. I also stripped my house of anything I knew I would give into like my favorite fruits, ie any kind of berries and threw out all the junk food all the 100 calorie Nabisco snacks etc. Of course, I have 200 lbs to lose so I have a huge way to go, but I have always looked at it one day at a time. Besides, with Jack's surgery looming on Monday and one problem after another popping up, relatives coming in this weekend and planting themselves, I have had much more than food to worry about! I even made myself a box of sf ff pudding the other night and ate one helping and haven't had any since, which is pretty darn amazing. I know no one likes to hear this, but sometimes we DO have to just suck it up and avoid the temptation. As for the nuts, if you want them, dole out a serving into a ziploc bag and have dh put the rest in his car so they are gone.

Weezle: Honey if you are a beached whale, I hate to think what I am. You are just adorable!!!! Besides, all I can say is you have to be cuter than that stupid woman on the Nutrasystem commercial "I am a chocohalic and any diet where I can have chocolate is a diet for me." And, "Look at me, I'm a size two." giggle giggle giggle. I literally mute that blasted commercial because she is SOOOOOOOOO irritating! Makes me shudder just to type the thing

You gals have a great day today!

Faye
Closed Thread