South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 12:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/142/125

Height: 5'6"

Smile Need some buddies

Hi... my name is Becca, I'm 36 and from Michigan. I have never posted on here. Although, I have been on SBD before and lost 45 lbs. Over the last year, I got away from minding my carbs and well, about 15 lbs came back. I want to lose that 15 as my first goal by the end of October. Then I want to make a new goal of maybe 10 more lbs (just to be the size I was in HS...LOL) If that doesn't happen I won't sweat it but I still would like to give it a shot. I thought I would join and get some inspiration from all of you. I started PH1 on Sept 1st and had forgotten how quickly my body responds to this diet...it was exciting to see that I was 5 lbs down this morning!!!!....ok, maybe it is some water weight but it's a great motivator anyway.

Looking forward to joining in the group.

Last edited by Sae2006; 09-12-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey Becca,

I'll be your buddy! I have about 10 pounds that I want to lose. I've been wondering whether I should go on Phase 1 again (actually just had the thought this morning), but I'm also a recent vegetarian and am worried about not getting enough protein. I also really want to build some really good muscle mass as well. I have my birthday as my goal date but don't know if I could lose 10 pounds by then... maybe just get below 140?

Anyways, it's nice to meet you!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Hi and Welcome.

i'm nessa. I'm new around here but i've been on the beach since May 1.

I'm 46, married 1 kid at home.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:25 AM   #4  

Hi, Sarah and Nessa....glad to meet you both!!!

Sarah, sounds like we may have some things in common...that is great! I joined a cardio kickboxing class yesterday....lots of sweating, but it was great to get back in it (I use to be an instructor) Anyway, I think we can both meet that goal by October since we are fitness oriented along with sticking to the plan....Have to say I'm more excited this time around.

What kinds of workouts are you doing to add that muscle and what is a typical day’s diet for you? I typically have eggs/turkey bacon/low fat cheese for breakfast (gets boring quick)...then a salad or tuna for lunch....and chicken or turkey breast with veggies at dinner (last night I had a chicken wrap with spinach, but the wrap, although low carb, is diffently not on PH1....but all in all not a bad day. I get bad cravings as soon as I get home from work....still trying to fight that!

Nessa, 34lbs since May is excellent!!!! Good for you! Do you do any fitness activities along with that? Do you have any tips for Sarah and me starting back on PH1?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #5  

Hi Becca my name is Faye. I am on my third day of phase I and this is the first time I have been on SB. I am going to be 53 on Sept 28th and have 2 grown married kids and an adorable 6 year old grandson (see avatar) I am a stay at homer, a cleaning fanatic, and a general nut job! Welcome to the site. You couldn't find a better website to use. I have been to several and this is the very best!

Good luck to you!
Old 09-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

I hit the gym almost every day and right now just get on the bike... i do some stretching and try to take some classes when I can. I have a plate in my ankle so it's hard for me.

as for P1... do it for two weeks and then gradually move to P2 by adding one fruit or grain at a time... for a week or so....

P1 btw don't fret about eating more protein at first... I think that eggs and string cheese are what saved me. and Hummus with green peppers.

I never gave up coffee and still drink at least 3 cups a day of regular coffee.

also drink your water....
Old 09-13-2006, 08:24 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach. Be sure to hang out a lot in here. Join us on the daily chat thread and be sure to throughly read the stickies in the FAQ Section.
Congratulations on your initial success.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:53 AM   #8  
Michael Ann 1973

Hi Becca,

Welcome to our family. You just won't believe how much love and support you will find on here.

My name is Michael Ann (a.k.a. SunnyBunny). I am 32 (33 on Monday) and married. No kids. I went on SBD the first time in Feb. 2005 and lost about 50 pounds. I started a new job and gained it all back...too much stress and too much food I started back on 9/3/06 and am determined that I will do it this time. It is so easy, but I think, no, I know I am just a stress bad carb eater.

Anyway, welcome and I look forward to talking to you
Old 09-13-2006, 12:31 PM   #9  

Hi, welcome (having been here all of a few weeks myself, at most )

sarah, my son is a recent vegetarian (well, 6 months ago) and I am trying hard to find veggie SBD friendly recipes. So, let's post any decent ones, OK? I'm going to put "veggie" in the subject line.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:49 PM   #10  

WOW, I really like all the encouragement this site is giving. Thanks all for posting.

I work full time and go to school part time at night so I can only post on here during lunch at work and sometimes in the evening...so sorry if there is delays. Nevertheless, I will keep checking in here and glad I found this site.

Sunny bunny...I am a stress carb eater too, so I can relate...but we have to squash that bug so to speak.

Anyone got quick breakfast ideas???...Need something that can be microwaved or ready to serve in advanced because I'm at work by 7:00am, after getting the kid off so no time to spend thinking about it. Eggs are getting old.

Thanks, and everyone have a great day!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #11  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

There is a mock waffle receipe in the food section - I make mine the night before then just cook it up in the am - I acutally just cook it like a pancake - it helped when I couldn't take eggs anymore.

BUT - i keep egg beaters and sb approved cad. bacon here at work and just mic them - I am usually here at work by 5:45 am (don't need to be here till around 7 but way too much to do) - you might want to try keeping snacks at work and such - I always keep fresh veggies here too - good luck
Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #12  

Thanks RMT. Sounds yummy! I'm looking at all the reciepes right now and making my shopping list.

Hope everyone is well and having a great day!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:21 AM   #13  
Merrie

Default new here

I'm feeling like such a goof. Two weeks ago I started the SBD after reading the book and have not lost a pound due to being a no brainer. I did very well at giving up the carbs, however listened to what others suggested instead of following the book. For some reason I thought I could eat blue cheese dressing as wanted, plus the reduced fat SF coolwhip on my SF jello. I can't believe I tried so hard with no results at all. I drank tons of water however am not good with doing the exercise.
I've probably eaten more eggs and other protein in the last two weeks than I've eaten in the prior six months (not really but it seems that way. I'm disheartened and am wondering if I should start over or just try another eating program. Is there hope for me? I have mucho to lose. Blessings, Merrie
Old 09-18-2006, 11:33 AM   #14  
Merrie

Hi Nessa, As I read thru some of the posts I realized that we may have some things in common such as weight amounts and location areas. I am envious of the weight you have lost thus far. Any good hints? Can you share a typical day of eating? Merrie
Closed Thread