South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #1  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default First Day on the Beach!

Today was our first day eating the SBD way, after I spent the weekend reading, reading, reading and trying to learn as much as possible. It definitely seems like a healthier way of eating than Atkins, which is what hubby and I tried before.

Here's what we had to eat today. Would someone mind taking a look at this list and if we ate something we shouldn't have, please let me know. I'm nervous about eating something on Phase 1 that should be left alone until Phase 2.

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs with 2 tbsp PS shredded mozzarella
6 oz low-sodium V8

Snack:
PS mozzarella cheese stick

Lunch:
2 cups lettuce with 1 tbsp SBD ranch dressing and 1 sliced chicked breast
1 celery stick with 1 wedge Laughing Cow light cheese
1 SF jello cup

Snack:
30 pistachio nuts

Supper:
taco bake

Snack:
mocha ricotta creme (If I can get up the energy to make it!)

For drinks, we've just had water and I had two cups of coffee sweetened with Splenda and a touch of milk.

I'm definitely not hungry and was too busy today to really have cravings for anything. But evenings are always my worst time anyway, so if I can get through the hours between supper and bed without eating outside the plan then I should be good.

Thanks and wish me luck for tomorrow!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 296/267/180

Height: 6'1"

Evening hrs are evil for me, also! I think I have to have something to snack on in the p.m., late! Your day sounds good to me, but I'm rust about the beach legal foods, I'm just returning to the beach myself. Have no fear! Lots of support here!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:25 AM   #3  

I finished day one yesterday too.

Breakfast: Veggie quiche with tomato juice
Snack: 1 string cheese
Lunch: Oriental Chicken Salad with sf gelatin
Snack: 1 celery stick stuff with a triangle laughing cow
Dinner: Chicken breast with cauliflower and green beans
Dessert: vanilla ricotta creme
1 Tablespoon peanut butter

Hope you do as well on day two. I got hungry around 2 and had to fight it, but I know as things go along it will get better. I am a stay at home with no kids or anything so I have to be careful to keep myself occupied when I get hungry or "think" I am.

ON TO DAY TWO!

Faye
Old 09-13-2006, 06:07 AM   #4  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Stick with it, you are going to love it!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:40 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Darlings, you must eat more veggies! Also remember that dairy is OK on SBD Phase I. Milk will help with the hungries! Please review the Revised Phase I food list in the FAQ Section. Try to work in some legumes too. Roasted chick peas are a satisfying snack.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:29 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I've been eating a lot more veggies these past couple days - roasted veggies (yum!) and mixed garden salads. I also bought some 1% milk today so I'll be incorporating that into my daily meal plans.

I haven't been having any cravings really, it's more just a matter of missing stuff. Plus I am used to snacking at night, so it's more of a behavior modification issue than willpower or whathaveyou.

One thing I have noticed is that now that I'm eating breakfast in the mornings, I actually start feeling hungry around mid-morning (good timing for my snack!), but prior to this week I rarely ate before lunch and would never really feel hungry til that time. A woman at work said it's because my metabolism sort of kicks in from giving it something to go off of (breakfast), so the fact that I get the mid-morning stomach grumbles is a good thing. Is that true?

I'm going to have to give that chickpeas recipe a try! I'm also going to try the mock french toast on Sunday and maybe make the cheesecake cupcakes tomorrow night - I don't mind eggs but I don't want to have them every day.

So far hubby and I have really liked the taco bake and the cola chicken was a big hit.

I'm so glad that we're doing this together though. I don't know if I could keep it up if I had to stare at someone eating ice cream and bread and rice every night!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

beans will help too. if you used canned beans rinse them first.

veggies milk and beans... oh and NF yogurt with SF jello powder is yummy.
Closed Thread