yes - I would post daily 2 100.00%
maybe - I would post weekly 0 0%
somewhat - I would look in and post occasionally 0 0%
no - I would choose another thread 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2006, 08:17 AM   #1  

Default Stop the Insanity #13 With the Top 10 - Thanksgiving Challenge

Our next challenge is Thanksgiving Day!
Join us and STOP THE INSANITY of . . . Eating what you want and exercising when you feel like it week in and week out and expecting to see results! It's time to stop yackin' and take action mastering weekly goals including those from our Top 10 Weight Loss Tips:

1. GET OUT OF BED and have a daily meal and exercise planning/pep rally
2. Exercise 30 min daily 4 - 6 days/week
3. Drink 8 glasses of H2O - limit alcohol/carbonated beverages
4. Eat breakfast
5. Eat veggies and fruit everyday
6. Avoid processed/fast foods -Limit grains to 5 servings or less a day
7. Keep binge foods out of the house – Keep healthy emergency snacks in the car
8. Keep a food journal and Post results daily (3fc!)
9. Complete your last meal by 8 p.m.
10. GO TO BED!! Get adequate sleep!

Each Monday we will post our weights and declare our promises/goas for the week. We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and encourage each other when challenged and we will be victorious come Turkey Day!

mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #2  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

My weight has not changed - meet with a trainor today & hope I get to start working out again. My hubby is going to count points with me between now and Thanksgiving so things should go much better!

Journal, water, EXERCISE and getting out of bed are my biggest goals for this week!
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #3  
dgpebbles

hello ladies

well I made it to the gym again today for 60 mins weights and 30 mins cardio...and this makes day 3 of being back on track eating all good foods again, journaling and water intake and with 2 days of exercise...so I think I'm off to a good start

tryin-glad to hear your hubby is going to join you..that makes it so much easier...hope you have a great week..
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:16 PM   #4  

Default Hi Ladies

Don't fret Tryin' - I have not had a weight change either - as a matter of fact I am suffering from a weight gain - partly because I am retaining water - forgot my BP med last night and not exercising from my back sprain is not helping.

So I decided to make up for my inactivity with eating sensibly and getting plenty of water in. I have had 32 oz so far and have had a salad, soup and lots of fruit so far.

Go Donna you are doing great this week!

Have a great evening

mscat
Old 09-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #5  
dgpebbles

Yeah..I made it to the gym again yesterday...45 mins of weights and 30 mins bike...I think I'm finally back on track...it only took me 3 months to do it again

mscat - hope your back is feeling better...how did your eating and water turn out yesterday?

tryin- how are you haning in there...
Old 09-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #6  

Default Evening Ladies!

Hi Ladies - I have had a good eating and water day which is good since I have been off my feet all day. I am going to work tomorrow so I am looking forward to being active again.

Good job Donna on working out! Go Girl

My goals this week are to drink 8 oz of water everyday and eat fruit and veggies everyday. Have a great evening

mscat
Old 09-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #7  

Default Sunday Evening report

Okay Ladies - I started out today on a new plan and a new commitment. My DD and I are working out everyday together and we both are following the 6 week body makeover plan!

What is going on out there amongst my cyber friends? Missing all of you. I think this thread is about to fade into the sunset - I can understand. Something is missing for us including me. I hope to get some feedback from others regarding continuing!

mscat
Old 09-11-2006, 01:45 AM   #8  
dgpebbles

sorry I've been missing...yes I want to continue this thread...I've had a busy last few days...just got home and it's late so I will post tomorrow
Old 09-11-2006, 09:09 AM   #9  
dgpebbles

Happy Monday

let's make this another good week...I will see if I can get some more people to join our thread if you want me too..

mscat-good luck to you and DD on your new plan...How did you do last week?

I finished the week with 4 days of exercise..ate good for the most part...drank all my water daily....I still need to work on eating more fruits and veggies...I also need to work on going to bed earlier....weigh-in today and I'm down 1.6lbs which now puts me at 152.2
Old 09-12-2006, 03:04 AM   #10  

Default Late Night Report

Yea! Donna! You are steadily moving down.

I did poorly last week - partly because of my back injury and not being able to exercise for a few days. This a.m. I got up and got in a 20 minute workout. I drank a lot of water (peed all day) and ate everything on my plan.

Thank you for your support Donna - I am glad you are interested in continuing with the thread. Let me know if there is something I can do to make the thread more interesting or attractive.

mscat
Old 09-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #11  
dgpebbles

Hope the ladies join back with us soon...I've been posting with you for a very long time and you help keep me motivated...I love talk to everyone on here...this is my favorite thread even if it is just the two of us...

Hope your back is doing better...great job gettting in the workout ...I can home and went straight to bed....I was so tired....I did get in my water too and I ate some veggies....going to the gym tonight

have a great day
Old 09-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #12  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Ladies I will join this thread. I like the challenge that you have set for Thanksgiving. Its to the point. I also post on the winner losers thread. It is very motivated group, nice group of ladies. I am going to try to post in both locations.

A little bit about me. I am married, with a 1 yr old little girl, (twin survivor) who actually 11 months adjusted age. She was 3 months early weighing in at 1lb 3oz. I live in st. louis. I am trying to lose this weight for myself and my daughter. She is my only child and I want to be able to play and keep up with her. If she can fight for her life to be here. Then I can fight this weight loss and win.

I am currently working out 3 days week and is trying to increase to 5 or more. I am currently only intaking about 52 to 74 ounces of water a day. Need to be doing 100. I have just simply cut my portions drastically and starting eating breakfast. My breakfast consist of only fruits. I normally eat small lunch. And a meat, 2 vegetables for dinner. I have been doing for 3 weeks and have lost 9lbs. I want more loss.

I would love to join you two ladies if you don't mind the interruption.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:14 AM   #13  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

This has really been a lousy year healthwise! I was sick with a virus and in bed for a whole week! I'm not going to change my weight, because I know its a "sick" weight loss and will bounce back to where it should be soon.

My plan is to return to the gym tonight and slowly work back into it - it's been a week so don't want to end up hurting myself again! Eating is back from nothing to the challenge of portion control, water's down - but I'm working on that! Right now, just getting out of bed is my biggest challenge!

Ladies - I am so glad you didnt let this just fade away! It's so easy to make excuses to fail & despite all of our injuries, illness, big & little steps backwards, we continue to pick ourselves up and get back with it! There is strength in numbers - I just want my numbers to be a little less!

Have a good day all!
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #14  
dgpebbles

Trish-welcome..sounds like you have a good plan and good motivation...us ladies here have been together since about the first of the year...great support here..

tryin-glad to see you back...sorry to hear you've been sick..

mscat- morning hope your hanging in there...I know you are

as for me had a long day yesterday...didn't do to good eating but will be back on track today
Old 09-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #15  

Default What a Great Day!

Trish! Thank you so much for joining our thread! What an inspiring thought - managing your health for your daughter. We are a small but mighty group and we are looking forward to having you share your inspiration and motivation with us

My dear Donna Thank you for your expression of what this thread means to you. I want you to know that knowing that is enough to keep me posting with you. Your presence on the thread is valuable to me too! And now we have Trish!

I have had a great week - As I said before, DD and I took on the 6 - week body makeover plan. For me it was difficult to manage my food on my own - I needed something concrete to follow. With my belly cllass starting in a week, I was inspired to follow the plan and workout almost everyday.
And today I am down from 237 to 230! Please notice my new short term goal of 225!
Let's all kick butt today!

mscat