South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat - Sept 12

I hate to just dash in but I have to be at the clinic at the hospital for a knee re-check for 8 this morning so I'm rushing as I need top leave in an hour.

Harry's move went well - it took most of the day and I have more to do later this morning. His new room is just lovely with huge sunny windows overlooking a meadow with some horses and foals.

The coffee's on so sit and chat a bit. Too cold for the deck this morning and enarly cold enough for the woodstove.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:16 AM   #2  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

YES! Hit 20 lbs and 10% goals this morning! SO feeling good! I don't think I EVER hit 10% loss with ww.

I LOVE SOUTH BEACH! And it has come off so slowly and consistently, that I am not worried about it coming back on, as long as I keep going, an stay on phase 3 when I am done.

I love south beach, and I am loving how I look!

How is everybody else doing? School keeps taking me away from here.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

Brrrr! It's a chilly 46* here, Fall is definitely on it's way! I love the cool mornings and nights, and I don't miss the humidity at all.

I didn't get much housework done yesterday, I kept being drawn to the TV, watching the Today show. It was so sad and moving, but I think it's made us bond together as a nation and we are stronger for it. I just pray that nothing like that ever happens again.

Today, it's Curves first, then I really need to start tackling the housecleaning. I'm making Portobello Stuffed Mushrooms for supper with a big salad.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:20 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies. Thought I would dash off a post before getting myself some breakfast. Jack's surgical consult is at 9 this morning so at least we will know when they are going to do surgery etc. Of course, I had to have something break yesterday. We have this fancy smancy ceramic top stove with self cleaning oven I just had to have 4 years ago. Well, I was cleaning house yesterday and set the self cleaning thingy and when it was done and cooled off, the door wouldn't unlock and I had error codes on my clock timer that indicate from what I can find out that I have some component or something burned out! UGH! Just what I need right now. On a good note, went through day one of Phase I a-ok. I was hungry, but anyone that doesn't say you never get hungry when you start a program are nuts. Fact is, your mind wants you to eat more. I did fine and am going to fix me a couple eggs with a couple strips of turkey bacon and my tomato juice in just a couple minutes.

Cottage: It is a nice balmy 73 degrees here this morning. I saw we got some more rain overnight though. I am not fond of the winter weather anymore, but I do miss all the colors of the trees up north when they changed. You can drive the Indiana toll road from South Bend to Chicago and the trees are always so gorgeous in the fall.

Ruth: Hope your day goes well and the doctor says the knee is terrific.

Louren: Congrats on the loss and keep up the good work.

Gotta run gals and get my morning chores done and get some breakfast.

Faye
Old 09-12-2006, 08:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 296/267/180

Height: 6'1"

Default Goin' Armadillo hunting!

Morning to all from Arkansas - where it is cooler, but not quite with that delicious crisp snap of fall, I can't wait! Fall is my favorite season.

I'm going Armadillo hunting this morning! Well, mostly by setting up traps around the city. September means moans and groans from all the people with really nice lawns. They get invaded by armadillos digging up their pristine grassy carpets looking for those delicious, fat grubbs. Each to his own, I guess!

I get vindictive after a while, because in 10 years I've only caught 3 Armadillos! But they are a major work effort for me in Sept. Soo.. anyone out there have any super secret ways to trap armadillos? If so, please do let me know!

I'm only sorta SBD'ing right now, still have to refresh myself with all the small rules of SBD, and do some serious shopping, as well as recipe collecting.

Speaking of, I know everyone is busy, but I was lurking in the recipe threads yesterday. There are quite a few, but it would be great if we all did a recipe dump, huh? I noticed that there weren't a lot of new posts, some had been from early spring as the latest ones. So I'm going to pull up my old SBD Recipe file and start posting again. I hope everyone else will put recipes that they like or that are working for them on as well, 'cause my file isn't really that thick, and I need to add to it!

Cottage I set my alarm for 5:30 to get up and go to Curves - honest! I just didn't make it to consciousness until 6:30! Drat! Oh, well, I made it yesterday and I still have enough days this week to meet my quota of 3 workouts at the least.

Have a great day!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:19 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

good morning... I overslept by an hour since DH did not have to work today (election primary and the schools are closed) I went to bed earlly even last night I must have needed the sleep..
Old 09-12-2006, 08:37 AM   #7  
Michael Ann 1973

Today was a happy day!!! I had to to another nekkid dance

I have lost 10 pounds in a week!!!

So that was pretty much the highlight of my morning. I had a boiled egg for breakfast with cottage cheese and V-8. I feel so much better and I have more energy.

I got off the scale and ran nekkid through the house this morning and my DH was cracking up and he said, "I like this, but promise me you won't do this in public!" I swear--who does he think I am!!! LOL

Ruth: Good luck on the knee check up and Harry's room sounds lovely

Louren: Congrats on your loss Keep up the good work and stick to it.

Cottage: That supper sounds yummy...is the recipe in the recipe section? I am totally wanting that for dinner.

gma2one: I am glad you are finding out about Jack's surgery this morning, I just know everything is going to work out great. I hate kitchen appliances. Did you try kicking it? Good job on your day one on the beach.

birdlover39: ARMADILLOS!!! I was cracking up...I have never heard about trapping armadillos. We don't have them here Good idea on the recipes...I am all for it.

Nessa: I think you needed the rest

You chicks have a wonderful day and big hugs from me
Old 09-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! the colder temps are hitting us today,had to wear my winter jammies last night.I didn't do to well with my weight either.The scale was up yesterday and thought it was the salty dinner I had the night before,but its what my siggy reads.

Ruth-Have a great morning,glad everything went well will Harry new room.

Louren-Big congrats on your 20 lbs loss and hitting 10% of your goal.

Cottage-I felt the same as we knew a fireman that died when the towers fell.Its was a day of prayer and togetherness. That maes us a great nation.God Bless America.

Faye-Sending prayers & good thoughts for your Jacks surgury to be sucessful.

Birdlover-Have fun hunting

Sunny-BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR 10 LB WEIGHT LOSS THIS WEEK,YOU'RE DOING TERRIFIC.VERY HAPPY FOR YOU.

Have a nice morning Ladies I will post this afternoon

Hugs BB
Old 09-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #9  
Making changes!

S/C/G: 244/237/140

Height: 5'4"

Wink

RUTH: Glad to hear the move went well. His new room sounds perfect!

LOUREN: WTG on reaching your 10% AND 20 lb. goals!!! That's sooooo awesome!!

COTTAGE: It sure is chilly this morning, but I actually really like the fall... so I am smiling underneath my chenille bathrobe.

FAYE: Bummer about the stove. Hopefully it won't be too expensive to fix. Good luck at the consult.

BIRDLOVER: I never thought I'd ever say this... but ummm, good luck Armadillo hunting. Unfortunately, I don't really have any ideas to trap them... except to put some sort of slimy insect into traps so they go after them instead of digging into grounds.

SUNNY: AWESOME loss, chicky!!! I think you're doing totally awesome.

BEACH: I usually try to watch my salt intake for the 2 days prior to my WI, just because I know how it can effect the scale, despite doing everything right.

ME: My interview went well yesterday. I wish I could say I feel like I'll get it, 100%... but I'm never that confident. I do feel good with how it went, and I think I have a good chance at it. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't get it, but it would be nice.

Last night I went out for dinner to celebrate my two weeks of SB P1 perfection. I had planned to have dessert (apple crisp), knowing it's something I won't be consuming too often... but wanted it. Well, never again!! I felt the effects of it immediately. It was like I had taken a sedative. I got extremely tired, my body started to ache (yes... totally out of the blue and painful!!) and I felt HORRIBLE. Absolute proof that sugar was my "drug", and just how horrible it is for the body. Needless to say, any love of sugary desserts is 100% out the window. Absolutely amazing though... how much my body has changed in just two weeks.

Have a great day everyone! Cya lighter!!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Wow Sunny more naked dancing.... you keep it up girl...
Old 09-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #11  

good morning
cold rainy day here. good day to crawl back in bed.

congratulations to Louren and sunny on the weight loss.

Ruth and gma, I hope the medical situations settle down.

Today will be a better day. Off to vote. It's only a mile, so I usually walk, but it looks so miserable out there. Maybe I should wait until later and see if it clears up.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm glad I popped back in! NAKED DANCING !!!!!!!! Way To Go, Sunny!

Gma, I'm hoping Jack gets his surgery date today, so you'll know. I pray all this works out just fine for both you and him. I have one of those ceramic topped self-cleaning ranges, too, and I just love mine. I hope you can get the problem taken care of without it costing you too much! I'm having problems with my dishwasher right now, the big power outage we had several weeks ago must have screwed up the scematics on it. Jake thought he had it fixed, but it's acting up again. I hate to call in Sears Repair, they charge a fortune just to come out, let alone what it'll cost to repair it. Unfortunately, the warranty just expired, too.

birdlover, I get up at 5:30 every morning, just so I'll be ready for Curves. I used to go every day but Sunday, until I started getting lazy during the summer, but I'm trying to get back into going every day again. Have a ball "armadillo hunting."

beach bum, my scale has been bouncing around, too. I know when I have too much sodium I can gain a pound or two, but usually within a day it goes back down. I'm going to try to stop weighing myself every day, it's driving me nuts!

Chai, I hope you get that job! Too bad your dessert made you ill. I make a SBD friendly Apple Crisp, I just place the apples in a baking dish with a little water and a sprinkle of cinnamon, then top it with a mixture of finely crushed Fiber One cereal, splenda, and Smart Balance margarine, and more cinnamon. It tastes almost as good as the real thing!

Sunny, the portobella mushrooms are just something I created on my own. I mix together a beaten egg, some ricotta cheese, a little pesto, and some shredded Italian cheese blend, and stuff it into the mushroom caps and bake them for about 20 minutes. Then I pour a little marinara sauce over them, top with some mozzarella, and bake for another 7 - 8 minutes. We really enjoy them!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #13  
Michael Ann 1973

Cottage, I am totally making those portabellas...yum yum yum

Thanks
Old 09-12-2006, 02:54 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Cottage

My Hubby always tells me I'm my worst enemy,Have to remember to cut the sodium as its not healthy having to much.

Thanks for the warning

Hugs BB
Old 09-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone. Sorry I've been MIA for a bit again... the construction on my store is taking its toll on me. In the middle of it all, I've been "promoted" (no pay yet) to Marketing Director for the three stores in town and have to come up with a Marketing Manual by Monday, when I work in my store every day this week. YAAARRGGHHH!!!! I suppose this is what I get for being over-qualified.

I started the Abs Diet yesterday. It's pretty close to Phase 2 of SBD and sounds fairly healthy so I thought I'd try it. I got up to 137 with all my binging and such, and am back down to 136 now. We'll see what happens. I'm definitely not hungry though, and I've started writing down every single thing I eat so I can hold myself accountable.

Today for breakfast I had a ww english muffin with lf cream cheese, some lf triscuits and lf cheese for a snack, and a natural peanutbutter sandwich on ww bread for lunch. I'll get more veggies in... I just don't have a fridge at work so it's hard to keep veggies and hummus there. Grrr.

Hope all is well in everyone else's ends of the world. I'm going to get started on my marketing manual. Whoopee. Have a great night!

Lisa
Closed Thread