South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Moving Monday - Chat for Sept. 11

Today is the day I move Harry to his new digs so I'm up and at it early. The Girls are sleepy and grumbling about having to eat commercial dog food - I forgot to thaw their homemade stuff! Spoiled brats!

It's moving day for us and I'll be getting my exercise. Are you going to be able to work in some moving too?

Have a really good day and behave! I'll be back later this afternoon.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:38 AM   #2  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Default Good Monday Morning

Good Morning Ladies. Hope all is well with everyone this morning.

Ruth: Good luck moving today and be careful - you must be so happy that this day is finally here.

Not much going on with me today - at work (been here for about 45 min) eating my breakfast and catching up on the threads.

Had a pretty good weekend - still won't step on the mean scale - I don't feel as if I lost any weight so I will stay off for a wee bit yet.

Made the stuffed peppers yesterday - yummy yummy yummy!!!!!!

Not sure what to have for tonight but lunch is yummy leftovers.

Well I hope that you all have a wondeful day.

Rosalind

PS - I better start running again today after work (been a few days )
Old 09-11-2006, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, and yes, Ruth, I'm getting my moving in early today by going to Curves. I sure don't feel like going, but I know I'll feel better once I'm there.

Today Maggie starts back to nursery school, so I'm back into my regular schedule now, where I'll have the mornings off. I'm happy about that, I'll have some time to myself, finally! This first week I want to get my fall housecleaning done and out of the way. We closed up the pool yesterday and put all the pool toys away, so that's one job done.

Time to go and get my exercise done, have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies! I was going to sleep in until 7 but the dog had other ideas and sat on the floor and barked at me until I got up. I am officially on SBD now, though I haven't had breakfast, exercised or anything. I am making the little individual veggie quiches this morning and then freezing the extras. I need to take my vitamin and my metamucil and get on the ole treadmill.

Ruth: Hope the move for Harry is nice and smooth. I know it involves a lot of running around etc so have a good day!

Cottage: I know it has to be nice for you to have time for yourself in the mornings now. I get my best work done if I do it first thing and don't leave it. I am trying to get everything done for all the people that are going to be here in a couple weeks (or whenever they schedule him for sugery) and of course want everything to be just so. Jack said last night they aren't going to pay any attention to how clean the baseboards are honey they will hardly be at the house at all more than likely.

Rosalind: I love stuffed peppers and actually love green peppers in just about anything. I like how they flavor food. I like to put them in spanish rice, but Jack hates the flavor so I never get to. I am going to mix up a batch and add rice to his meat stuff and just bake little loaves with the tomato sauce over it and I will have them in the peppers without the rice. I am looking forward to having them some time this week.

I am doing a bunch of downstairs cleaning chores today as I didn't get anything but laundry done yesterday. I am still sore in my shoulders, but I am going to do a few weight training exercises this morning to try and get the muscles working. I think it is partly because I haven't exercised in several weeks and put on a bunch of lbs more than likely.

I guess we will know tomorrow exactly what is what. It sure would be nice if the surgeon does the MICS rather than the more involved CABG where they crack the sternum, you are on a heart lung machine, etc. I doubt they will be doing the other procedure so we aren't counting on it. Jack is still having those pains and though they haven't become worse or last longer, he does have a few a day. He is also tiring easier so I know that his heart isn't 100%.

Well gals, I have a lot to do today so I need to get going. Have a great Monday and stay dry. I am hoping we get no more rain today because I have a package laying out by the gate for the postman to pick up and it is already paid for and I don't want the postage label to get wet.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-11-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:50 AM   #5  

Where did the weekend go?? n.e.e.d c.a.w.f.f.e.e.

Ruth: oooh how wonderful that H will be so close to you and in a place that knows you and the pups so well! My girls look offended when they see "dog food" in their dish too Spoiled !

RMT: hope you have a good day at work.. tonight I'm making Ham steaks, NS applesauce, 3 bean salad and mashed cauliflower..

Cottage: Ooh, I bet there's starting to be a bit a nip in the air in PA! I miss that!

Gma: I hope all goes well for DH :

I musta paddled over 10 miles yesterday..but no soreness... Food shoppin today...need to scan the recipe section for something new to try this week!

Have a GREAT DAY !
Old 09-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #6  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies! I'm not new to this site. I've been back and forth quite a bit actually. I haven't been on SB for awhile now but I need to get back on track. I was going to aerobics this past spring and lost weight as well as inches but then my dh and I opened a restaurant and I didn't have time for anything but work and the kids! Unfortunately, through no fault of our own, the whole restaurant "thing" didn't work out (to sum it up, we had a slum lord!) and I'm a SAHM again. I'm licensed in daycare still but not sure if I want to get right back into that unless I absolutely have to. Both of my sons are in school all day and my daughter is 2 and is home with me. I always come back to this site because everyone here is so friendly and supportive and it's nice to know that you're not alone in this! Well, everyone have a great day! Tara
Old 09-11-2006, 09:51 AM   #7  
Making changes!

S/C/G: 244/237/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Rise and shine as it's another beautiful sunny day here.

I am officially on phase two now... and am SOOOOO happy!! *hehe* I was so close to giving up this weekend, but I stayed strong, and did the entire two weeks of phase one without any slips or cheats. That is a HUGE accomplishment for me, so I am quite proud of myself. Seems silly maybe, but the fact is it's been years since I could follow anything to the letter for more than a day or two.

So... as a result of being so super-duper, I lost another 2 lbs at my : weigh-in this morning, and am down a total of 7 lbs. in two weeks. That's a pound every second day!!! I'm looking forward to losing normally now, and eating more normally also.

I have my interview today, which I am really excited about. It's the type of job I've wanted for ages, but haven't really had the opportunity, since there's not usually many openings. Here's hoping I get offered the job.

Ruth: Good luck today with the move! You'll definitely be burnin' up lots of cals.

RMT: I couldn't imagine starting work that early... wow!! I'll have to try those stuffed peppers someday soon... they sound great!

Cottage: I hope you had a good workout this morning at Curves. You'll most definitely feel better for going! Good luck with cleaning also. :

Faye: Good luck with the chores and exercise. You'll feel tired, but good once you're done. I am also wishing the best for Jack.

Schatzi: Great job with all the paddling yesterday!!

Tara: WB to SB. Sorry to hear about the restaurant, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason... even if it's not obvious right away. Glad to have you join us.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

JUST WANT YOU ALL TO REMEMBER WHAT TODAY IS FOR AMERICA 9/11...PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR DEAD IN THE TOWERS & THEIR LOVED ONES THEY LEFT BEHIND.

I had a terrible weekend foodwise,too much sodium & bread products again,my W-I this morning is up to 152.Back to low carbing this week,if it doesn't go down tomorrow.I found that I have to keep my carbs down to 20 per day,even the veggie ones have to be cut.Once I'm out of induction I can add back 5 carbs per week,until I start to gain again,once that happens I would take 5 carb off the count[back to the number I had the previous week]I know that sounds complicated but I work with numbers.

Hugs BB
Old 09-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #9  
RNMOM

Default Good morning!

Happy Monday everyone. I always love Monday because I'm never at work, unless something unusual happens. But this is really my Saturday AND the house looks like it! Got stuff to do. Started one of my classes last week,eek, what was I thinking when I thought I could be in class with young brains? My next 5 credit class starts this week. 8 credits and only two classes.......

Anyway, eating wise I'm doing sorta OK, nothing that's is going to show loss on the scale, but I love Mondays for that reason.

Ruth, I'm thrilled that you'll have Harry closer to you. Sorry about the doggage poutage.

RMT, the stuffed peppers sound divine.....that's on the menu for tomorrow.

cottage, fall cleaning?????? I'm still waiting to get the energy for spring cleaning!

gma, prayers are with you and your dh. What is the MCIS? Same thing as a PTCA?? I took care of post CABG patients for several years and they do well, they are amazed at how good they feel. Most of them say "wow, my feet are warm for the first time in years!" Amazing what good blood flow does for them.

Schatzi, you need to send a pix of your biceps! With all that rowing you must be buff!

Tar, hang in there. Join us often!

Chal, congrats on finishing phase one, the weight loss is good!

Hey beach bum, My flag is out and I'm remembering what 5 years has done to our country and my own family. I didn't suffer a loss that day and my heart is with those who did. My son is in Iraq today as a result of those occurences that day! Your carb counting does sound complicated. Are there labels on food that tell you the content?

Well, I'm off to get my run in. Hope you all have a great fall day!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #10  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Ladies,

Ruth: I am so happy that moving day is here and you can finally be able to spend more time with Harry and less time on the road. Yeah!

RMT: The scale can be a great friend and an even greater enemy. I hate to have a bad weigh in. The stuffed peppers sound awesome, I am going to have to make those this week.

Cottage: Good job getting back to curves--stay with it girl

gma2one: I love sore muscles...makes me feel alive I hope Jack starts feeling better soon.

Schatzi: I am loving the recipes on here and so is DH. I think we all need to shake things up from time to time.

tar675: I am sorry to hear about the restaurant, that has been a lifelong dream of mine...I know you must be disappointed. But, something better will happen for you!

Chal: Way to Go Girl 7 pounds is awesome!!! Good luck on the job interview and congrats on your move to phase 2.

Beach Bum: 9/11 has been on my mind all weeked, it is almost too much to process for me. I totally don't understand your carb count thing???

Girls I was struck by the SBD flu this weekend. On Sat. afternoon I was down for the count (right after my naked happy dance ) But I also started TOM yesterday, so I think that is what happened really. I took a nap yesterday and dreamed about eating all this Chocolate. I know it is not P1, but I made some sf/ff choco pudding and ate a half cup of it. I had to have chocolate and was proud that I didn't eat my husbands extra dark hershey bar.

Today is a busy day at work and I have class tonight, so I will not be on here that much. I miss days when I can't pop in from time to time.

So have a great day on the beach

Sunny
Old 09-11-2006, 11:02 AM   #11  

Ruth - Good luck with the moving. Don't carry too much heavy stuff

RMT - I'm fixing Chinese five spice chicken tonight (SB cookbook) with rice and Sesame Ginger Asparagus (SB cookbook). Last night I tried two new recipes that ended up being good. I might try to post them tomorrow when I work at home.

cottage - Hope you had fun at Curves. I love working out (at least once there is).

gma - Hope it all goes well with your husband. You may find that you tire easily in phase 1 so you might need to take it easy on the exercise. Just see how you feel.

schatzi - I'm not sore either after biking two hours yesterday. It feels so good, doesn't it?

Tara - Welcome back!

Chal - great accomplishment! I'm glad you did so well. It helps to get off to a strong stuff.

beach bum - I was on the way to work this morning at 7:46 CT. There were some wonderful tributes on the radio. Very moving.

Me - I had a great weekend. Brian and I had a wonderfully long bike ride yesterday. I tried two new recipes and they were both good (especially the ham with sauerkraut and veggies rolled inside). I should be able to make it to the gym tonight.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #12  

RNMOM: MICS is Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery where instead of going in by cutting through the sternum the go in through the ribs and somehow stabilize the area for the bypass without stopping the heart and having to rerouting to a heart/lung machine. They also use much smaller incisions like you would have with gall bladder etc now instead of the 10 inch one. It can only be done on a one or two bypass and they are doing one and possibly two if they find the second blockage is enough to do it. I don't know whether this surgeon does this procedure, but the recovery time is 2 weeks instead of 4-6 weeks and they are up and around a lot lot sooner I guess. The funny thing is Jack has great health, his bp is 117/68, he has great lower body circulation, nothing shows on any of the EKG's, no coughing, out of breath, nothing like that etc. Over the last week he has found he has been tired a lot, but that is it. If he hadn't had a routine stress test, the doctor wouldn't have known this was there. It has been freaky all the way around, but I will glad when it is all over.

Sunny: Thanks for the kind thoughts for Jack. We just want to get it over with at this point.

BB: I get really emotional over patriotic stuff and I have been listening to XM radio the 60's on 6 while I am cleaning. He has been playing requests from people and reading emails and such about 9-11. He played the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing Battle Hymn of the Republic and I had to stop working I just stood and sobbed. I can remember exactly what I was doing on certain dates, the day Kennedy was shot, the day Elvis died and 9-11. I was still working and it was one of my coworkers birthday's. His wife had called me and ask my ideas about something to end him to the office for his birthday and I suggested a candy basket because he loved candy. The office was in a bad section of Memphis and we had to buzz people in. I remember buzzing in the lady from the flower shop down the street with this man's basket asking if I heard they had "hit the towers." I had no clue what she meant then all heck broke lose at work just about the same time because people were hearing it on their respective radios. My dd went to Liberty University and was on their debate team so she traveled all over the country to debates, one of which was the Naval Academy. She made friends with two young men there, one of which was in the part of the Pentagon when it got hit. He survived but was burned extensively and has never been the same since. I agree everyone needs to say a prayer for not only the ones we lost, but our country and the strength we KNOW we have!

I have finished my treadmill workout, cleaned the kitchen, laundry room, and bath downstairs. I only have the dusting and vacuuming downstairs to be finished with today's cleaning. Right now I am going to get my morning snack and a big glass of water and read for half hour then get the rest of my cleaning done and then into the shower for me!

have a great morning gals! Make it the best you can!
Faye
Old 09-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 315/278 (doc visit 10/22)/130

Height: 5'5 (and one-quarter!)

Popping in to share my SB success!

I'm doing Beach Watchers (SB within WW points, as I eat too much on SB w/o knowing it otherwise, and don't lose), and DF and I started Phase 1 (again, LOL, it's been a while) on Saturday, and I've lost 3,7 POUNDS since I weighed myself on Friday! He's lost 3 pounds! We are thrilled!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #14  
beachbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bum View Post
Good Morning Ladies

I found that I have to keep my carbs down to 20 per day,even the veggie ones have to be cut.Once I'm out of induction I can add back 5 carbs per week,until I start to gain again,once that happens I would take 5 carb off the count[back to the number I had the previous week]I know that sounds complicated but I work with numbers.

Hugs BB
RMMOM & SunnyBunny-What I mean is once I'm out of Phase 1 again I'm going to count my carb gram intake by using a carb counter book. I seriously believe that ever time I go back to Phase 2 adding any kind of carbs[even veggies] my weight goes up again.So if I keep my carb count to 20grams[like they do in Atkins] and than each week add an additional 5 grams,it might work. I'm experimenting again,as I must find my balance, I can't drop below 150.If it doesn't work, I have to leave the SB.

Hugs BB
Old 09-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #15  

Good morning everyone.

I read all the posts but honestly, can't get it together enough to respond to you all individually. Barb I've known from elsewhere for the last 9+ years.

I'm on a medical LOA from work, but went in to a meeting this am. Often at the monthly morning meetings there is a veritable feast of pastries and bagels, so I was concerned at how I would do. More than concerned, as I knew I wouldn't stay withing Phase I, II, or III! But there was no food this am, so the week is off to a good start!

g'ma, I had never heard of MICS. I sure hope his vessels are the right location and number and whatever, and that his surgeon does that procedure!

RNMOM, what kind of nursing? I'm in family practice.
Closed Thread