Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 06:48 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 9-11 to 9-17

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...69#post1401769

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 09-11-2006, 08:20 AM   #2  

Good Morning. Am I really the first post?

I didn't eat too badly this weekend, but certainly not the best. I did join Weight Watchers online and I am trying to get to my first meeting tonight. We'll see how that goes with car and kid issues. I really should have waited to join. Stupid me.
I'm so frustrated with the car situation. It's going to cost about $1200, whcih we have, to fix the car, but we ahve been waiting TWO WEEKS jsut for the auto shop to come pick it up! And I know that it is going to take a week for them to fix. I'm so iritated! So, I've been looking on craigslist for a cheap volvo to buy or something, for under $2000. I kno wit's crazy, but it would be better than nothing.

THis weekend went so well. From the 2 days I have 5 new people who ahve decided they want to join my team. I'm so exited! SO now I get to go do business launches for them over the next month. It's going to be busy, but the closer it gets to that next level the better!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #3  
Goddess

Default Morning all!

Yup, it's really me! I hope to be back here more regularly.

Same old, same old. Eating is NOT going well, so I know I need to be back here among my SB friends.

The good news is that it is football season! So far, so good for everyone--MISSY--your Tigers are coming to town this weekend--that game is HUGE! I'll be there rooting for my Tigers!

BOB--I know you are happy it is the SEASON! We don't play UT this year, but we will play UF.

Gator--I would love to see you at the UF game! Closer to the time PM me and I'll give you the directions to the church. They have closed a lot of the on campus parking, so the off campus parking fills up much earlier--that means we have to arrive earlier to park!

Monet--Glad you had a good trip! I slipped away to the gulf for my birthday last week--it was heaven!

Talitha--Good Luck! I know how it feels to have a car out of commission.

Everyone--Have a good OP day!

Susan
Old 09-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday morning ladies.

Weekend was good, busy but good. Eating was fine. I ended up having cananolli (s[) at the Italian rest. Sat night, didn't know how to count it, but the scale was the same the next day, so I think I did ok.

MMM has me the same as last week I think. It kept bouncing all over the place and never got the same wt twice. I will check again tomorrow.

Talitha, congrats on getting more people to work for you. That is an accomplishment. You are moving right up with the organization.

Susan, so good to see your post. Glad you will be back with us more. You don't have to worry about Gator getting to the UF game early. With the menu she has planned, she will have to get there early.

I am off to check out the weekend posts that I missed and I have to run to a funeral. Never fun. Be back after lunch.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #5  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everyone.
Forgot to weigh this morning, so will try to remember tomorrow and post. Don't think I lost that much this week. Spent the weekend in Gainesville for football, and nibbled and drank. On plan, but not great, because I was eating when I wasn't especially hungry.

I have to leave for weight training right now. So will try to get back later.

Welcome back Susan.

Last edited by GatorGal; 09-11-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:00 AM   #6  

I'm a posting maniac today... Just wanted to tell you that I may be getting a minivan today!!!! I'm so excited! We're looking at 2 used Honda Odyseys. I'm just waiting to hear about the financing.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #7  

Back from the funeral, back to lunch, back to work. It has taken me a long time to get back here. Whew!

Gator, glad you had a good weekend. Sure it was with a win!

Talitha, congrats on your new van. my boss drives an Odessy van.

Missy, the pics of Alexis are adorable. I bet Terry just loves game day. Does she cheer with pom-poms too? I hope you are back on track today. You have been doing so great. Keep thinking about Alexis and how she needs a healthy mommy for a long time.

Bob, I'm sureyou had a great weekend with all the ballgames. How are you doing with your eating?

Well I read last weekends posts, but that was at 8:30 this morning and it is now 3:00 so I can't remember what I read and what I was going to post.

The girls have their last VB game tonight if it stop raining long enough. I sure hope so, so we can get it overwith. So my only exercise will be to walk to the school if it is not raining. Or may have to do the treadmill later.

Got to run. Have a great evening.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #8  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

WHAT A WEEKEND!!! I'm pretty sure that all of our teams won Saturday! Mine was a close one...they booked a "no brainer" and the "no brainer" almost beat them!

JACK...Eating is going great. I grilled up a bunch of chicken breasts, bought some yogart, have plenty of green things to eat, plenty of Salmon in the freezer...I'm set.

TALITHA...Heard anything about the Van yet?

SUSAN...GULF????? GULF?????

GATOR...What did you fix to eat for the game?

I'm off to start supper...not sure what to fix but I'll find something

BOB
Old 09-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #9  

Howdy all. Its stormed here today and I'm having an awful time getting and staying online. It keeps kicking me off. Hope I can finish this. I didn't do so well this week I gained 1/2 a lb. I had to much wine and a couple things that weren't so good for me. I'm disappointed with myself. Hopefully this week will be better. I ordered some Lara bars online. Wish I could find them somewhere here at one of the stores around but so far the only way I get them is online. Had a bowl of shredded wheat and bran with fresh blueberries for breakfast. And a Kashi frozen dinner for lunch. Tonight is stir fry.

Solly- It sounds like you're really busy today. Sometimes staying the same is good too.

Talitha- Oh boy I hope you get the minivan! I'm rooting for you.

Gator- Don't ya hate it when you forget to weigh. I do. Hope weight training was good.

Fillise- Its so good to see you posting. Welcome back.

Well need to run. Happy Day....
Old 09-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #10  
Ginger

S/C/G: 202/195/180

Height: 6'3"

Hey y'all,

I'm happy to see so many football fans!!!! I absolutely love football! I grew up in Nebraska so I'm a die-hard Cornhusker fan. Also like the Broncos and the Colts. (If you don't like any of my teams, please be gentle with me). Thanks for the responses to my last post. I had a little trouble figuring out the board...duh! But I think I get it now. I ordered the book from Amazon.com before I finally figured out how to read everything on here and saw your suggestions to go to the library--I can't believe I didn't do that, as my son and I are there at least once a week. Oh well. It was cheap anyway. I can't wait to read it. I saw another book that looks good, something like "Potatoes not Prozac..." Has anyone read this book? Looked kind of interesting. I'm curious to see if my crankiness, constant fatigue, depression, etc. will lift if I cut out the sugar. Anyone care to share if they've experienced that as a result of sugarbusters?

Gotta go for now--thanks for all the info! Ginger
Old 09-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #11  

Welcome Gincon; I love the Bronco's too! Post often and ask ton's of questions.....
Old 09-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #12  
Ginger

S/C/G: 202/195/180

Height: 6'3"

Thanks Toni--I'm anxious to check out the recipe section. I'm trying to do more real cooking now, as opposed to opening a can or a box of something. What is one of your favorite recipes for SB?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #13  

Evening! Sorry I was MIA all day. I spent most of it at church cooking for the dinner tonight. It went well, but I am SO tired! We had a lot of casserole left, so I brought a good bit home for us to eat. I also brought leftover roast beef from yesterday, so we are set for a few meals. I was thinking of walking when we got home, but the container with the roast beef blew open in the back of Tom's truck on the way home, so there was beef juice all over the place and we had to clean that up. Even as we were pulling into the garage I was feeling so beat, I thought I ought to skip it. I might go take a dip in the pool just to cool off.

GINCON: I am diabetic, and I find when I am carefully following Sugarbusters, my blood glucose levels are more stable and stay within the normal range. I have a hard time losing weight, but I stick to the program just for that blood glucose benefit. Tight control of bg levels can keep the risk of complications minimal. I have heard of, and even read parts of the Potatoes not Prozac book. I can't eat potatoes. I can visually see what white potatoes does to my blood sugar levels. The little red new potatoes are the least problematic, but potatoes turn into sugar in your blood really fast. Therefore, white potatoes are not allowed on Sugarbusters. I think getting off sugar is good, and most folks will tell you they have more energy and are more alert and clear headed once they get the sugar out of their system. It can be hard to do, you have to fight the urge to eat it, but once you get over the cravings, it is very freeing. As Toni said, post often and ask any question you like. There are no dumb questions.... Check out the recipe section on here too. There are TONS of recipes in there...
Old 09-12-2006, 07:43 AM   #14  
Goddess

Default 2 days in a row. . .

don't anybody faint!

Monet--I see you are going at full speed as usual! How's the new mom doing? Tell Laura that I'm thinking about her and her new little family!

Ginger--Welcome! Reading the book is such an eye opener. You never understand how much sugar is in stuff and how bad it is for you until you read the book.

Toni--Thanks, it's good to be back! What are Lara bars?

BOB--Did you feel the earth move? I was at Orange Beach, Alabama. Not anywhere close to you, alas.

Solly--Rain? Rain??? Water falling from the sky--we have heard of such a thing in Alabama, but have not actually experienced it. Is grass supposed to crunch under you feet when you walk over it?????

Talitha--Wow--you amaze me girl! I hope the minivan works out! Let us know.

Gator--As long as we aren't the 11:30 game we'll be ok! Missy's fellas are coming to town this weekend, so we'll know more about AU on Sunday!

I've got to round up Belle and try to get her to the vet. I don't know if I've told y'all, but last spring she was diagnosed with Chronic Renal Failure. She has to have fluids regularly. I have an IV set up her so I can give them to her, but she fights me so I try to get her to the vet at least once a week to get her good and juiced up. I don't know how long we will be able to maintain her. She gets infections easily, but as long as we can keep those at bay and her full of fluids she does really well. In fact she acts like a kitten again. Right now I think she has another infection because she doesn't have much energy. Mentally, I'm struggling to come to terms with the fact that I don't know how much longer she can stay with me. It could be a couple of months; it could be a couple of more years. I just wish she wouldn't fight her treatments so much--she does so well on them that I am convinced she would do well for several more years if I could just get the fluids and antibiotics in her.

Have a good OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 09-12-2006, 09:18 AM   #15  

Good morning ladies,

It is another dreary, rainy day here. I know we need it, but I hate driving in it.

The girls VB game was cancell again. Then it never rained until 10:00. So disgusting. No one wanted to go to the gym last night. They were starving so we had dinners (big salads with grilled chicken) and then we all went for a 3 mile walk. After starting tonights dinner, I vegged out on the couch. Should make it to the gym tonight.
Bob, eating sounds good. Are you loading up on fruit. I now eat 3-4 fruits a day. It really helps those mid-morning- afternoon hungers. Hey, the Gators play the Vols this weekend? That should be good. I guess I will stay nuetral on that one. Don't want to make eith one of you mad.

Toni, don't be disappointed in yourself. Use it as a learning tool and strive to do better this week. But I know how that wine turns into too much quickly. It stormed all day yesterday and calling for it again today. We needed rain, but I wish it would do it while I'm sleeping and not driving. Have a great day.

Giner, Welcome, I think I forgot to do that yesterday. I am not on here during the weekends. I lost 105 pounds with SB, I think it is a great WOE. I have put on 30 due to chemo and laziness, but getting it back off. Getting off the sugar will give you more energy for sure. Ask away, and post your menues and someone will help you. Where in Indiana do you live? I am in KY. I am a die hard Colts fan too.

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about Miss Belle. I do hope she can keep well and stay with you for a long time. She has been your life for so long. Maybe now would be a good time to bring in a kitten so when the time comes, you are not alone. Thinking of you both.

Monet, glad your dinner went well, but with you behind the wheel, it had to be a success. Now do you get to relax the rest of the week?

Gator, ready to play the Vols? Bob will be cheering very hard against you.

Tech, loved the pics of Kyle. He is such a cutie.

Missy, hope you had a good OP day yesterday.
Guess I had better get to work. Will check back later. Sure hope the board starts picking up. We were doing so great there for awhile.
Closed Thread