Member w/ messiest house

Default Clover Moosings

There, how's that?

I'm going to go finish tuning my piano.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

I will start. .. yikes ... when I typed that my bad cat hit me with his claw.

Anyway, cars break down. My broke down at work and got jump started. My boss (who was told how to jump start it by a female employee) said I needed a new battery. Simple. Next morning, it wouldn't start so was towed to the garage where it needed a starter. I couldn't get to work. Now it's fixed. This makes no sense. I am just stove up with all this.

DS's car "broke down" in Tallyhassy on his way to the U. It wouldn't go over 55 and he called AAA. The woman who came told him it was the transmission but he could go ahead and drive it. It started going fast again and he got there. Turns out it was the catalytic converter. The garage said they'd fix it for $450 and he said ok then called me. I called my mechanic then called DS back to tell him to stop this work. He was to take it to a muffler shop and get it fixed for far less. Here they do it for $175, my mechanic said.

That's my gripe for right now.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, let's face it, if your boss had to have someone else tell him how to jump start your car, he was not qualified to tell you you need a new battery. Auto mechanics are a minefield. If you don't know enough to fix your own car, they have you over a barrel. It's great to have one you can trust, but even then, nobody's got the answers to everything. I hate dealing with car repair, it drives me bats. And you know how I feel about bats.

How are DS's classes going? Is he enthusiastic about them? I forgot what he decided to major in.

DD'sbf is going to visit her again this weekend (he was there Monday); they have a big dance on campus to go to.

We are going sailing this weekend. At least we hope to sail. I want to go to Frenchboro and have lobster.

Later chillins

Kiwi
Old 09-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #4  

This is something worthwhile that I learned on the internet.....

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-...t-in-2-seconds

What worthwhile thing have you learned?

Peachy, sorry your cars haven't been co operating with you. Aren't you just supposed to turn the key and have them go???
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #5  
loves kleenex box art

CAn you really do that Wabbo? I can't even follow it.

DS is in math. He likes his classes. He eats lunch at the Hare Krishna place which pleases me as they serve wholesome veggie food. His roomy plays music while DS tries to study and DS plans to buy him a gift of earphones. He's taking 2 maths, 2 languages (spanish and korean) and 1 physics. I have not adjusted to katie couric in the evening. I keep expecting her to talk about fashion or recipes.

I am depressed. Please send chocolate.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #6  

Yup. It only works on short sleeved t-shirts, though. Slower instructions on their website - http://fold-your-shirt.com/ Click on the step by step instructions.

I'm going to go home and wash t-shirts tonight. It doesn't take me much to get excited, huh?

I want to go to Frenchboro too, Kiwi. What a cool place.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #7  

That was innnnerresting... now if only I can learn how to fold fitted sheets...

Sorry Peachella, I ate all the chocolate..
Frenchboro.. so quaint, I can't believe there are still places like that...13 students?

DH has another cut over this weekend which means no fun and games.. I may just take my kyack out by myself..I'm beginning to go stir crazy in my little world.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

I learned how to do that on David Letterman. He had an audience member demonstrating it on Audience Show and Tell. Then a few months later Martha demonstrated it on her show. She made it sound like it was her idea, of course. I know how to fold fitted sheets:
  • Stick your fists into 2 adjacent corners
  • Place the corner on your right hand OVER the corner on your left hand
  • Smooth those 2 layers over your left hand so their edges line up, then transfer the double layer corner back to your right hand
  • Shake the sheet good while holding onto that double layer corner
  • With your left hand, use your fist to pick up the 2 remaining corners so that you now have double layered corners in each hand
  • Place the corners on your right hand over the corners on your left hand, smooth them and even the edges
  • With your right hand, straighten out the folds and shake things into place if needed
  • Now you can fold down the sides leading off the corner (so that the contour part lays down flat) if you want to be super neat--you might have to lay it down on a surface to do this right
  • OR let go of the contour corner stack and grab the opposite (folded) end, fold in half lengthwise once or twice
  • Smooth it down and fold it in half or quarters depending on how big you want it.
That is just ******ed, isn't it? I wonder if anyone can actually fold a sheet following those directions, or whether they will get tangled up and never be heard from again? Unlike the t-shirt thing. Which is simply magic. The girl on Letterman said she learned it at the Gap.

I wish I had some chocolate. There's some graduation cake in the freezer. Maybe I'll eat that. I'd send it to you, Peaches, but the icing makes your tongue blue.

Kiwi
Old 09-08-2006, 12:45 AM   #9  
loves kleenex box art

maybe you can fold a sheet like that but you can't do it in two seconds. DS actually called tonight for laundry help. I sent him that link so he could impress girls in the laundry room. This is the first time he's done laundry and he's been there since Aug. 19. Honestly, I thought he just took a couple of weeks worth of clothes. Maybe he picked up more on Labor Day but he didn't bring dirty ones home.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

I've been wondering the same thing about DD, although she's only been there 2 weeks. She's been doing her own laundry for years so I'm not worried about her knowing how; I just wonder if she's actually done any. All their laundry machines are hooked up to a website and they can check on free washers and even whether their own wash loads are done. Cool, huh? Sort of silly, but still cool. I wonder what enterprising soul sold that service to the college...

I'm off to the coast for the weekend. Well, I have to pack first. Better get going.

Kiwi
Old 09-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

I'm glad to hear that Kiwiette can do laundry. One of Ds's questions was how many loads of wash he could put in the dryer. I asked him if the dryers were bigger than ours and he siad, "Maybe a little." My advice was to step outside, find a girl passing by and ask her.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #12  

g'byeee Sailor Kiwi, Bon Voyage,,,, have fun!

errrr... I fell asleep after the shaking the sheet out part.. I may have to print it out and amuse myself . My gfren does it so well, and folds the flat and pillow cases in it so that when she changes the sheets she has a whole set...

Its crappy out here... I think I'll curl up with a good book.

Tah tah my leetle mooettes
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #13  

Schatz, tell your friend to come here and give me a lesson.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #14  

I'm back here talking to myself.

DH is going fishing tonight so I'm going shopping. I really do have to buy me some cowgirl jeans. yee-haw. Can you feel the excitement? Tomorrow is bunco night. Now that I can get excited about. I can wear my fat pants.

Did you know it's only one month until Thanksgiving for Bagzie? Then they have Labour Day after that. Those cwazy mixed up Canadians.

We have less than 2 months until election day when I find out if our place is going to be annexed to the city and we can get on with our lives. I just wanna know one way or the other. Limbo land is not a fun place to be..... and you all have to hear about it for a couple more months. Sorry.

Hope your weekend is absolutely moooo valous, cows. See you Monday.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hey guys ---have been awol all weekend ---went to visit the university kids--they are all happy and well partied out after the first week of classes and return to routine---------we are TIRED after driving for six hours {one college is way off the beaten path!!!!} all this sept 11 programming is depressing me--it's all over the radio {CBC} and television--so sad and miserable for all those families.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote