Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Support Board for Week of September 10-16, 2006

Old 09-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #2  

From the other thread:

Yep, Vickie, I only use olive oil in pasta. After I drain it, I always add the oil and it keeps it from sticking together. I will add mushrooms, steamed broccoli, diced tomatoes (fresh) and probably some shrimp. That'll be dinner for a few nights.

They had promised that we might have some rain today but so far it sure doesn't look like it. We woke up to some sprinkles yesterday that lasted for about 3 minutes and most of it dried up before hitting the ground anyway. Our highs are at least just in the 90s instead of higher.

I thought I had mentioned that I hadn't heard from Shaun but maybe I just meant to and forgot. The letter on Friday was the first one. He said there's not much time for writing. He failed a situp test; I hope he passes the subsequent one(s) because that's a requirement for graduating on time. Of course, it's just one more thing for me to worry about which is good because I was running low on material.

Better get at the laundry; the only other thing on the list today is going to the grocery store for 4-5 lunch items and then cleaning up the kitchen.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I don't remember hearing about the letter. That's great. I thought you hadn't heard from him at all yet. Don't work too hard today. Lord only knows you'll be back at again soon enough tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies! The Tooth Fairy did indeed visit last night...and she left some $$ and a nice little thank you note. My girls get such a kick out of it.

It's grey and drizzly here. I was really enjoying falling asleep last night with the windows open, listening to the gently falling rain. My allergies have been acting up terribly though, even with the Allegra. Oh well. Just another week and some until my nose dr appointment.

So last night we're sitting there watching a movie, and dh comes up all pleased that he got me some Reese's peanut butter cups with caramel! I was very good though, and told him to break one cup in half and he could eat the rest. My first NSV in a while...

My mom and I went to a garden and landscape show yesterday, and there was a woman there selling homemade soaps and stuff. My mom surprised me and got me Spearmint Calendula soap, which I'm really looking forward to using. It takes so little to amuse me. She had all kinds of interesting scents, alfalfa, sweet grass, tiramasu, and my favorite...leather.

Time for my minty shower...later ladies!

Angela
Old 09-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, congratulations on your NSV! It just takes the first one to get us going again. Enjoy your shower. It looks like rain for a couple more days for both of us.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

I forgot to tell you all that my best friend, Cindy, can still use your prayers. The first round of chemo didn't put the Leukemia into remission. She started a second more deadly round of chemo on Wednesday. She is so weak she can barely talk on the phone. She hasn't been able to eat for almost 3 weeks because of something the Leukemia did to her intestines. I'm so scared for her but I'm really humbled by her continued faith. I know that quite a few of us believe in the power of prayer. If you could just mention her in yours, I'd be very grateful.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #7  

You got it, girlfriend.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #8  
Melissa

Afternoon girls!
It's already been a long day. It went pretty well. And yes Vickie (I think it was you) they are taking advantage of him. But that's the way it goes I suppose. Frustrating, but that's life.
Vickie, I'll be sure to keep your friend in my prayers. I know it's not easy for any of you.
Kathy, I'm glad that you heard from Shaun. I'm sure he'll do great. Enjoy not worrying about him for now, let the big scary boot camp guys do that.
Angela, way to go on refusing that candy! You're on your way.
Patti, glad to have you back!
OK, now for the big news of the day...drumroll please...Aaron said this morning that he would do WW with me! He wants to count points but that's okay. I figure I'll just buy core stuff and he can count points for it if he wants to. There is a couple at church who are doing it together; he's lost 26 lbs and she's lost 21. They look great and he has been able to stop taking his bp meds. I told that to Aaron (I think I told you all he had to start taking bp meds about a year ago) and that sold him. So we'll see how it goes!! Please feel free to keep me in line.
Well I better go get some work done. I have to run by my PC director's house today and return some stuff I borrowed for my show. Oh by the way things are going well, the girl that had a show Friday said she found another group of friends who want to do one at her house, and another lady at church has a contact for me as well. So things are looking good! Thanks for all of your encouragement.
Ok, really going now. I've written a book!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

hey, chickies. it rained last night!!! the air is much more clear--even the plants outside look healthier. they can breathe again. i am doing well op today. i am back in control.

rhonda, i'm feeling good about the 1 lb challenge. if i don't make get it off by tomorrow, at least i'm back in control.

melissa, i got tickled (i apologize) about kathy praying for aaron's job at church. seriously, i hope things settle down and he is happier. go get that new job at hospice, girl.

kathy, sounds like you have a good plan for foods this week. where is judd going? i can't remember. your spaghetti sounds yummy. thanks for telling us how you do it. i didn't know you'd gotten a letter from shaun either. i'm glad he's doing all right. he'll get those situps done. try not to worry.

aloha, froufie!!!! have fun, girl.

patti, it's great that you turtled. i am very very impressed.

vickie, it's good to see you posting more like your old self again. i'm seeing some improvement in you through them. i'm glad you're getting better. : : for wi tomorrow. that's sad about cindy. i'll keep her in my prayers.

angela, congratulations on your first of many many more nsv's to come. (i mean your first once recently)

melissa, that's good news about aaron going on ww with you. i added too many empty calories last week--and i gained. you're smart to eat mostly core foods.

curtis and i are going for our first beginning ballroom dance lesson tonight. we're taking foxtrot and waltz. i don't know what we'll work on tonight. this should be fun if our old bods (his knees/shoulders; my feet) will hold up. we're hoping to dance at rhonda and doyle's wedding.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #10  
Melissa

Oh how fun!! I've always tried to convince Aaron to do ballroom dancing with me but he's not too interested. He might someday just because he knows I want to, but that would be the only reason. Let us know how it goes! Plus it's more exercise. You go girl.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I LOVED taking ballroom dancing lessons! I am SO jealous. You're lucky that Curtis will go with you. Jim says no thanks. The waltz and rhumba were my favorites. I liked the foxtrot ok too. I stunk at the tango with my short stubby legs. Have a great time. BTW, it is OUTSTANDING exercise.

Melissa, I hope you write more books. I miss hearing from you. I think you're going to do very well with PC. I'm excited for you.

Thanks for the prayers girls!

I'm off to watch 24. Ugh...I did research this morning and learned there are 16 nuclear plants in Illinois.....more than in any other state. I guess I should have known that. Kinda scarey.

Last edited by Vickie; 09-11-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #12  
Melissa

Vickie, maybe you shouldn't do research! I'll try to write more books for you. I miss talking to you all so much, especially during the day. I wasn't ever able to post that much while at work but at least I could read, catch up, and be encouraged to make it through the day!
Old 09-10-2006, 04:03 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

would ya'll believe the dance lessons were curtis' idea? shocked me, too. last year we watched a lot of "so you think you can dance' and "dancing with the stars" and saw a lot of dance lessons. he thought it would be a good idea. i was really really worried about my feet. (they were giving me a lot of trouble at the time.) i was also worried about my weight. now, i'm excited to take these lessons. the women's club is offering them free to members and their partners. what a deal!

vickie and melissa, i'm loving reading your posts today. it's sooooo good to see you both here posting.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, you know you're probably right!

You go Curtis!

I'm off to a bubble bath while Jim goes to pick up the next two disks of 24.

I'll be back....later!
Old 09-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #15  
Melissa

Well Sandra once again you have inspired me...this time in the dancing area. Maybe I'll convince DH to give me lessons for my birthday or something.

Vickie, enjoy that bubble bath...sounds wonderful!
Closed Thread