UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-09-2006, 05:32 AM   #1  
hannah

S/C/G: 266/244/140

Height: 5ft 3.5"

Smile Wish Me Luck (newbie)

hiya everyone you are doing great your all an inspiration!

2003 i weighed 10st now after having my 3 babies i weigh in at 16st i want my old shape back ill probably never be completley the same but i feel like the body im in now is just a big fat suit and the real me is trapped inside ive lost all my confidence i dont want to leave the house im embarrassed i feel ashamed slowly its been getting worse as i comfort eat.

but this is it ive had enough of feeling tired fat and ugly i want to be a good role model to my children so wish me luck.

Last edited by bigmummy3; 09-09-2006 at 06:08 AM.
bigmummy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well I am a firm believer that it takes hard work rather than luck but I do wish you the greatest success! Welcome... so glad you are here!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #3  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Big Mummy3, keep popping in here often and join in the daily chat thread, we're all in the same boat, we know how you feel and everyone on here is great through good days and bad, and we all have a bad day, believe me...I'm having a bad food year though it seems....

Misti, you're hair looks wonderful, what a great picture

Frus, you're a very scary Ninja Jen, I wouldnt take you on, and I've been trained in taking people having severe tantrums, down on the ground and holding them there until they calm... :LOL:

Have a lovely time in Cornwall Sarah, I love the place, some of the places here, remind me of it, haven't got to the beach yet though, to compare, we're doing that tomorrow.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #4  

Thanks Chris... LOL I can't believe I posted the picture with my hair still wet from the shower and no makeup... but for some reason I liked that one.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #5  

Welcome to the forum Bigmummy3 I know what you mean about leaving the house I have lovely chav teens who hang around the top of my street and occasionally fling a word or two at me!

Chris you're not in the general chat thread you know... Frus and Sarah haven't posted in here...
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #6  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

oh yeah.....duh!!! :LOL: Thanks for pointing that out my woman...am I a dippo or what? Well hopefully they'll read it and know I was thinking about them....hehehehe
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:41 AM   #7  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Thanks for thinking about me, Chris!!

Bigmummy3 - I agree with Misti - there really isn't much luck involved in losing weight and getting fit - just a lot of hard work and determination. Basically its lots of this and not so much of that

I'm sending some in your direction.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann View Post
Basically its lots of this and not so much of that
Yah that's about it, all right!! That's why I am up at 4:40 AM on Sunday getting ready to go to the gym before church.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #9  
hannah

S/C/G: 266/244/140

Height: 5ft 3.5"

thanks everyone i suppose your right luck doesnt come into it, but i know i can do it its just a case of sticking to it tell me i dont have a lot of time to got to gym or anything and im quite shy so have you guys got any tips for exersize at home?
bigmummy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 15st8lbs/11st08lbslbs/11st

Height: 5ft11.5

Hi bigmummy3,

I would recommend a couple of things to get to help you on your way.

1, The only expensive piece of kit I would fork out for is a heart rate monitor, polar do a good range that let you enter you weight, hight, age and sex so that you get a good idea of how many calories you are burning.
Which is brilliant when you are half way through your workout and feel like packing it in, looking at the watch and seeing you have burned X number of calories helps to keep you going.
It will also help you to work out in your "fat burning" zone

2, I think they are called dyna bands, they look like wide, long elastic bands, they come in different colours for the different strenths and you can do all the same weight style exercises you would with normal weights, but they take up a fraction of the room, and if you drop one of these on you toe it wont hurt

3, You have probaly heard this all before, but I would recommend walking, building up to a slow jog and then possible even on to a run.
Walking, jogging and running are free and get you outside, also running is the best form of free fat burning exercise you can do, and it works all you majour muscle groups.

Sorry I may have written a bit much here, if you want to have a chat or have any more questions please feel free to ask.

I really hope this helps?

P.S in case anyone was wondering I am a qualified Gym Instructor
BigBird77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:21 AM   #11  

Hey big bird , thanx for these hot tips ( altho i kno you werent telling them 4 me, hehe!). This cums in really use full for me esp the dyno bands, cos am moving out next week into uni accom and my room is the size of a prison cell !!
So more tips welcome!!
thamk u all
shmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 15st8lbs/11st08lbslbs/11st

Height: 5ft11.5

Hi Shmoo,

No problem glad I can be of help, If you have space I would also recommend a good yoga or pilates DVD/Video. Pilates will help lengthen all your muscles and tone up you core, and yoga is brilliant as you are using your body weight to tone up, both really help with flexibility too
BigBird77 is offline   Reply With Quote