South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 05:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default "Wild" Weekend Chat - Sept. 9 & 10

Good morning! It's still very dark out there but all is quiet - no deer this morning! Up and at 'em, chickies!

I'm planning to hang around home today and get my life a bit organized because the next few days will be busy with Harry's move and "stuff". I have to finish the Church bulletin and print it this morning and will have a man coming to pick up the two huge coffee urns from the Fairground for an event in the Park. Tonight I will be a wicked woman and go to a play in town with Claire's husband, Doug. I asked her to go and she wasn't interested but Doug was so..... I wonder how many people will spot us and start rumours! Small towns, small minds sometimes!

So what's happening with you and yours today? Come and sit at my kitchen table and chat a bit.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:52 AM   #2  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Good Morning

Good Morning all you chicks

I hope that you are doing fine today and had a great friday.

Good Morning Ruth - hope all is well with you today. It is a wee bit dark here too - and it is almost 7?????? Guess Fall is here and I will have to let my dh take down the pool - I still had a little hope - but oh well. LOVE fall - my favorite time of the year - chilly mornings and warm afternoons - the smell of the leaves yummy!!!!! Nothing like a drive in PA during fall - takes your breath away. My dd and i go "pick" leaves every year - looking for the most perfect one (evey year we find at least a dozen "perfect" ones.)

Good Luck with moving Harry today - I hope you have lots of help - I hate moving!!!! Also, have fun tonight it sounds like you will have a great time!!!!

No one posted yet so will just start with me.

I REFUSE to get on the scale - I think I gained a couple - haven't done anything wrong - just not sure what is going on. I did skip lunch yesterday (not my choice my darn boss - ) but I ate when I got home and then had a snack last night (chick peas plain rinsed out of the can only a hand full) i feel soooooo bolated and that I have gained a few back

For today . . . my dh has guards (only home station so I need to get him up and at em in a few) so he will be gone most of the day - my dd is STILL in bed and will be there till i MAKE her get up. Me - FARMERS Market - here I come Gotta get all my fresh veggies. Other than that erands and a bit of relax time with my dd!!!! Then tonight "pack wars" my dh and dd collect football cards (we have a few that are worth over $4,000!!! just one card ) anyway we go to a local card shop and there are about 10 - 15 people there - we open up a box of cards (which normally run about $110 - $220 a box) and everyone buys as many packs as they want and we open them up -trade if you want - sort of geeky but it is fun. The owner of the store called me last night and wanted to make sure we were coming - then I said "do you want me to bring anything?" well of course I takes something everywhere I go - can't go anywhere emptied handed - so I will make cookies for everyone.

Well I gotta go get my dh up - have a good one chickies
Old 09-09-2006, 07:48 AM   #3  

I just lost the whole post so I will be back in later and do a post! I haven't the time at the moment.

Faye
Old 09-09-2006, 08:07 AM   #4  

Morning, ladies! Sounds like fall is in the air. It's been kind of cool in the morning here and nice later. I don't think it go over 90 yesterday.

I'm off to spend the day with Cub Scout training. I'm thinking of packing a sandwich for lunch so I won't be tempted to go out to eat. I won't have a microwave to heat anything up but I know a peanut butter and SF jelly sandwich with grapes and a Diet Coke will be much healthier than anything I could get at a fast food place.

DH agreed to take Brian to the birthday party tonight. He was disappointed we weren't going to all go but explained I didn't want to be tempted and didn't know if I'd be done by training then anyway.

I got the dates for Cub Camp School yesterday. They're going to send my co-director and I to a three day camp to learn what we need to learn to direct the summer day camp. It should be fun since it's three days at a resort (all expense paid). Looks like we'll go in February.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:13 AM   #5  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning. My body is teasing me. .2 lbs at a time, I am creeeeeeeping towards finally hitting 10% loss (of initial body weight) and I am so excited to hit it, but not today it seems. I am at .4 lbs from it. I can do this!

I also can't wait for 172.2, then I can change my avatar to 20 lbs. So 1.2 lbs to go for that!

I hope everybody is having a great weekend so far. Got a new sports bra at Academy, and hope to hit the gym this am to start working on cardio again, and maybe start a teeny big of (tummy) weight training.

Happy Weekend, All!
Old 09-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #6  
Life's A Beach!

S/C/G: 270/264.5/170

Mornin' chickies.

I'm pouting this morning.... and hiding from my hubby & kids who are eating a breakfast of toast w/ honey and bananas!

I seem to have stalled a bit and have been stuck at this weight for several days. I'm on day 12 of phase 1 and have only lost 5 lbs. I don't think I'll lose another three in the next two days to reach the books guideline of 8-13 lbs. in phase 1.

Would it be OK to stay on phase 1 until I reach that mark??

Damn scale!
Old 09-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #7  

Morning gals,

Trying to wake up here- the coffee isn't kicking in as fast as I would like. DH and I consumed some wine (a bit too much on my part last night), so I am dragging a bit this morning.

My week really got away from me, so I haven't posted much. I also seem to be continuing my not-so-good food choices, so I feel guilty. I am definitely not reaching my goal weight by my birthday like I has originally planned. Who knows- maybe I can lose ten pounds by Monday.

Emilie I would move on to Phase 2 when it is time. Many of us didn't lose the 8-13 in Phase 1. Phase 1 is awfully restrictive and isn't meant for long term. As long as you follow the plan, you will lose!! It does take patience, that is for sure.

Barb The weather here really has been a pleasant change- I leave for work around 6:30 am and it has been so nice and cool. The girls needed a light jacket yesterday. My AC hasn't been running non-stop, so hopefully our electricity bill will be a bit more manageable this month.

Ruth Hope things go well today- I am going to catch up on posts to see about Harry.

Me- Chilling this morning with only Megan at home. Big sister had a sleepover at my mom's last night since our all girl sleepover wound up with her puking all night. We have a birthday party this afternoon and then home for dinner. This weekend will be a good blend of downtime with some errands and fun mixed in. Works for me!

Gonna go catch up on posts from the week and see what you all have been up to!!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:04 AM   #8  
Life's A Beach!

S/C/G: 270/264.5/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
Many of us didn't lose the 8-13 in Phase 1.
Really?? That makes me feel better b/c I've been SUPER strict w/ the plan and was getting a lil frustrated, like something was wrong w/ me or my body for not losing what the book says

Last edited by EmilieB; 09-09-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:27 AM   #9  
Making changes!

S/C/G: 244/237/140

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Good morning ladies

Emilie: I'm in the same boat as you. I lost 5 lbs my first week. I end phase 1 in two days, and I don't think I'll lose 3 more to get the minimum 8 either. A lot of things factor in... but remember that the weight didn't come on overnight, so taking it off won't be any faster. No matter what my scale says on Monday morning, I will gladly head into phase 2. *lol* I am eager to have fruit again, above anything else.

Sounds like everyone's having a good morning... planning out their day. I've got an interview on Monday so I'll be going out shopping today to try to find a nice new top to wear. I also need a new purse in a bad way, so the hunt will continue.

I hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #10  

Okay, so I think I am caught up!!

Ruth How fabulous that Harry will be closer. I will keep you both in my prayers as you make this transition.

Cottage Sorry to hear the girls were sick. Thanks for checking in on me- Megan and I somehow avoided that bug. It really is heartbreaking to see them sick. Hope that you and Jake enjoy your day today!!

Sarah Have fun watching the game today. I have a friend at school who is a huge UT fan- she and her husband drive to Austin for every home game. They flew to California for the Rose Bowl as well. I don't watch a whole lot of college football, but enjoy the NFL. I am with you on the beer and football experience. Hope today goes well for you!!

All the talk of chili this week has inspired me! I am going to make the crockpot chili tomorrow. It sounds cheap and easy. Our budget continues to be a struggle.... fortunately DH's schedule is about to get busy and my raise kicks in this month, so I am praying for some relief in that area.

Okay, I have been sitting in this chair for way too long- need to hit the shower.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:09 PM   #11  

Well, I am back. We have been to the nightmare commissary, but it was pretty cool today in and out. Not too many people and no one in line. I know have my fridge loaded with SBD stuff and am ready to start on Monday. I have a couple more things I need to get started then I am a big GO!!!

Emilie: Listen, you have to ignore stuff like guidelines. Each of us is different. Be thrilled with the 5 lbs so far as that is FABULOUS and just keep working. I agree, you should stick to going on to Phase II. You are doing great, btw!

I am swamped right now so cannot get to personal replies. I replied to ladies this morning and lost it for some reason so I may not get in here today depending on how busy I am.

have a great Saturday ladies!

Faye
Old 09-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #12  

G'morning.
I injured my foot this morning while doing trunk stabilization excersizes on an exercize ball. It takes real klutzy talent to do that! I lost my balance, my feet lifted up off the floor, and the ball rolled, dumping me against the wall. I now am icing and elevating.

Barb, I can't believe all that you do!
Old 09-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #13  

Oh What a Beeeautiful Mooorning Oh What a Beautiful DAY!!

Late check in the morn gals! Spent the morning finishing a book.. Predator.. Which was a complete Waste of time... then was outside weeding and trimming..
Have to run out the door now...will be back!
Old 09-09-2006, 01:03 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! I'm just back from a ride through the hills and dales on a motorcycle - as a passenger. What a thrill! It was a bit nerve wracking at first and then I remembered which way to lean on the curves. Shades of my youth!

Just thought I'd pop in and let you know there's life in the Old Broad yet!
Old 09-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #15  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

Nothing new except.

I'm checking in only so you don't think I lost on the beach. Leo is watching Football so that leaves me the football widow.We left early this morning to walk along the beach.

After the doctor gives a such good report on Leos check up, I did some shopping and I found an outfit for "formal night" for our anniversary cruise.Its a white crepe twin blouse with a black crepe slacks that I have bk &wh patent leather spaghetti strap shoes & bag to go along with the outfit.Now I just have to find jewelery to match.

Have a nice afternoon

Hugs BB
Closed Thread