Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies (#90)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #2  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

I'd like to introduce myself and say Caio! Man its hard being so italian and being on a diet , low carb of all , no wonder why im so fat haha, you try and resist a canoli or two being thrown into your face!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

How was everyone's Low Fat Friday? I'm like Shelley and pretty much stick to low fat all the time (except when I go for the ice cream) so today's goal was easy for me...no ice cream!

Monica ~ I'm glad to hear that you are off the crutches and getting around some now!
Those grandbabies sure do know how to take their own sweet time don't they? Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer!
Thanks for the chicken recipe...it sounds yummy!

vouge09 ~ Welcome! I understand about the canolis...I'm not even Italian and I find it hard to pass one up!

Are you all up for tomorrow's goal? Get ready for Sugar Free Saturday! Can you do it? Give it a try...go without sugar for 24 hours!
Old 09-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #4  
Losing it!

OH MY ACHING HEAD! I'm already having sugar withdrawals from sugar free Saturday and this is Friday! LOL!

I did well with low fat Friday, made great choices all day! I'm sure happy wine is 0 fat, I'm having a glass now...

Welcome Vouge! Post whenever you would like!

Suzy, what will Sunday be? Are you going to cycle the days of the week names or are you always going to come up with something new? I'm so happy you found us, you add such life to our group!

Cheryl, how ya doing sweetie? I hope you didn't get upset by what I wrote. I just want the very best for you.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Finally Friday! Glad the first week of school is over for me!! Took tonight off, no school work and just watched some TV. Rob and I went out to dinner, too! I didn't do very good on Low Fat Friday, but I will try for Sugar Free Saturday! I wasn't horrible today, just not my best.
Bathroom is coming along and should be near done on Sunday!! That is the best news, then I will be hanging out in the tub!!! So exciting!

Welcome Vouge!

Monica, that baby is certainly on it's own schedule! You must be going nuts and your daughter, well, we know how she feels about now!

Hope everyone can check in over the weekend!
Old 09-09-2006, 08:02 AM   #6  
Losing it...again!

Happy (?) Sugar Free Saturday Floozies!

Gayle ~ All good questions! I'm thinking about Sunday...I'll post about that later tonight. What does everyone think? Do you want to keep recycling the named days of the week, come up with something different for next week, or should we let it go and come up with something totally different?

Debbi ~ You must be so excited now that you can see the end of the bathroom project coming! I know you can't wait to christen that new jacuzzi!

Good luck with today's goal everyone! I'm going to spend the day cutting grass, so good workout for me today plus I'll be outside away from the sugar!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:20 AM   #7  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

I will try my best for low fat friday's but I am doing atkins so that is so diffucult ! I just imagine munching on a shugary , creamy chocolate dipped canoli and I am good enough! I can do no sugar saterday though! Yay! thanks for the welcomes!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

Good Morning Sugar Free Floozies,

Nothing new on the baby, although her doctor wanted to induce on Monday, she said no way was she picking 9-11 as her baby's birthday. She has another appointment Monday and might be induced Tuesday, but is not looking forward to induction, it is a harder birth.

Vouge- Welcome !!!!! Hope you like are group of ladies. I love pasta, pastries and most Italian food so I wish you good luck. What diet plan are you doing? We have many different ones at the thread. I use basic WW, some are on WW core, while others are on low carbs or low fat. We are a very mixed group.

Suzy - You are doing a GREAT job with these daily goals. Thanks for all your input.

Lynneye - I know your glad that first week of school is over. YEA !!!!! So did you and Rob go somewhere special for dinner?

Debbi - Great news on the bathroom !! I can see the wine and candles ....well almost!

Cheryl - I hope all is okay with you. You are a VERY special person and I know you are aware we are all here for you. God Bless You.

Well I am off to do some floor cleaning, and then to the furniture stores to look for new stuff for the house in Arizona. I just know this place is going to sell this month and I will get to move before winter.

Laater all, Monica
Old 09-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #9  

I'm ready for sugar-free Saturday. Won't be hard for me, since I haven't had any since being on Core. It's been 8 days now, I think. WI wasn't great, only down 1 lb, but since I can't run anymore, I guess that's good.

Suzy-I like changing the names. I just want to see if you can come up with 30 different names in a month!! I'm willing to bet you can!

Welcome to all the newbies. Seems to be quite a few with all of Cheryl's new threads!

Monica-I must have missed something. What did you do to hurt yourself? I'm so sorry I haven't ready the posts good enough.

Gayle-Hello??? You, vulgar??? I should say NOT!! I personally loved the avatar and always look forward to your new ones.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Sugar free Saturday will be no problem. I totally failed at Fat Fee Friday. DH and I went to lunch and I got a Grilled Cheese sandwhich. It was heaven--provolone and pepperjack inside with a parmesan garlic butter on the outside. Then, to follow up, we had burritos at the football game. I can't resist those--they aren't horrible, rice and spicy chicken in a tortilla with lots of salsa. At least I didn't gain yesterday!!!!!

I'm still on track with no wine for, what is it now?, 5 days. Best thing--I'm not feeling deprived and I see that 4 pounds starting to come off. I mentioned in another thread that I had gained 2 pounds at the beginning of September, that is now off, so the next 4 should be a breeze!

Gayle--I did like your avatar. It was pretty humorous!

Monica--where do you live now and what prompted you to move to Arizona? Where in AZ are you headed? My best friend from college lives in Scottsdale and she has a cabin in the mountains near Show Low.

2Frus--you'd better get hoppin' to get in that dress on Nov 4! Best of luck to you.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #11  

Monica we have a twin neice and nephew that were born on 9-11. The first plane hit then a twin was born the second plane hit the other baby was born. Kinda weird how that happened. I will never forget their birthdays.
Well I hope the baby comes this weekend.
I am glad to hear that you are getting around a little better.

Suzy I love the daily chalenges that you have given us. I am all for another repeat week. That way if we missed a day or want to change our daily chalenge it gives us another chance.
Happy grass cutting.

Debi we all need a night off because that is life. We just have to remember to get right back to it the next day.

Shelley you have been doing great on core. Has your foot improved at all? Hopefully in a few weeks you might be able to jog.

Gayle do you work saturdays? It is nice and sunny out but cool. Last night it was close to freezing. That is below normal. It is suppose to warm up again.
We are closing our pool though and openning up the hot tub. Larry is just working on that right now.

Janice have you closed your pool? Larry thinks I am nuts but I still am outdoors even though it is cool. He bought me one of those heaters that heat the body and not the air. So I sit around it in my pool house and then head out and pick at my flowers. They won't last that much longer.

Well time to head back out under my heater.

Have a good weekend everyone. I will try to do no sugar but today is usually my dessert day. Could change that up for tomorrow though.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #12  
Losing it...again!

Well I totally blew Sugar Free Saturday...actually I totally blew the whole diet thing today. We went to Wendy's for dinner and I had a burger, fries and a vanilla frosty. Oh well, at least I worked enough today to make up for it and tomorrow is another day, right?

Speaking of tomorrow...awhile ago someone here (sorry, I don't remember who said it) was saying about how we have to own the number on the scale and I remember thinking about how true that statement was. Tomorrow is "Sneak-a-Peek Sunday". It's time to sneak a peek at the scale and own up to the number and adjust your ticker up or down...whichever the case may be. (The way I feel right now I think I'm going to be up about 10 pounds! )
Old 09-09-2006, 09:04 PM   #13  

Unfortunately, I already know which way my ticker will go tomorrow!!!
Old 09-10-2006, 06:33 AM   #14  

I did sneak a peek. I got on the scale at my number I weighed in at yesterday, and the weight thingie was still down. I didn't move it to see what it was down to, though (BTW, I have a dr.'s type scale.) I was so busy yesterday ripping up carpet in my living room, that I didn't have time to eat much.

Gayle, Dee, Suzy, and all you do it yourself ladies-Do any of you know how to acid stain concrete? The concrete under my carpet looks rather good, other than the 3 foot doggie stain. I am thinking of trying to stain it, just to see if I would like it that way, since we really can't get tile or wood at the moment. I don't know what to clean the doggie stain with, and I have no idea how to decorate the floor. I'm sure you ladies have some great tips.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:03 AM   #15  

Shelley, there is this stuff, Urine Be Gone, it comes in a spray bottle and is amazing! I can get it at local drug stores and big pet stores. I use it all the time, as my cats get hair balls and they leave stains on my carpet. Works on other stains, not just urine, but my friend uses it on her dogs accidents and it is great.
Closed Thread