Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Core Maintenance

I'm curious what people doing Core have done when they reach maintenance. I reached my WW goal (not yet met my personal goal), and I can't quite figure out how maintenance works. I know that you add 28 pts. or whatever, but since I don't count points, generally don't want to eat non-Core food, or eat beyond satisfaction, I'm kind of stymied about maintenance. I could eat "real" bread instead of "light," and perhaps use light mayo, but I don't eat that stuff much anyway. I prefer ff dairy products because I don't think milk fat is a good fat, especially since I have high cholesterol (that didn't change--bad genes, I guess). I don't want to eat peanut butter because it's still a trigger for me. I like eating "Superfoods," if you're familiar with the book.

So what have other Core maintainers done? Thanks for your help!
Old 09-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

I am a huge SuperFoods Rx fan -- that's pretty much what I eat. I've been at WW's goal for a while although my personal goal is 135 (but that's another story). I eat peanut butter and whole wheat bread, but the PB isn't a trigger for me. I also eat nuts and dried fruit. Pretty much everything else on the SF list is considered Core. I eat whole wheat breads and crackers and as long as it has a minimum of 3 grams of fiber per serving, then I don't count it extra. I say if whole wheat pasta is allowed, then whole wheat bread should be too. WW thinks it's a trigger food but I am perfectly capable of figuring out my own trigger foods, thankyouverymuch, so I don't pay much attention to that. I also eat FF Yoplait Yogurt.

Since it's totally possible to GAIN on very clean food, whether Core or SF's, you have to play with it. Eat what you want, within reason of course, and weigh every few days. If you see yourself going up, you can cut back. I still put my foods in FitDay to make sure I'm getting enough. My biggest obstacle is that I don't eat enough, even though I eat 3 meals and snacks. All my food usually only ends up being around 900-100 calories, and so I *have* to add higher-calorie foods like nuts or PB to get enough in the day.

Maintenance (in my opinion) is much harder than losing. It's like balancing on a tightrope.
Closed Thread