Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 05:53 PM   #1  
Most boring housewife.

Default Moooooved by my Wabby card!!!!!

I got such a happy Wabby card!!!!! I am so excited.
No wonder she is the most popular around here!!!!!
On another front...I am baking tomorrow. I really am. It is my kids last day of school, I have to get it done. I will post lists. I will bore people to tears....
XXOO, L
Old 12-20-2001, 12:25 AM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Well, I'm relieved to hear...

that they've finally found a use for the bellybutton.

Thank you for the Christmas card, Wabbitybabbit!!

DD and I made fudge tonight too. 2 pans of it. The big pan for gifts, the small pan for me. I mean us.

We finally got our tree up tonight. No lights on it. DH had to go out to a dinner (no spouses--whoever heard of that during the holidays?) and apparently thought we were going to decorate it while he was gone. Silly man. We made fudge. We're women, we have to have our priorities.

Tomorrow, I have to do these things. I'm writing my list here now in hopes that when I log on and waste lots of time, I will notice it.
[list=a][*]Call the vet[*]Order a ham[*]Make a grocery list for Christmas and New Year's[*]Call my mil about Christmas dinner[*]Do meals on wheels. Bring Santa hat.[*]Make list of Christmas shopping that can be done in town (very short)[*]Pick up kid and take her shopping in town.[*]Decorate the tree[*]Send my favorite people their Christmas cards. Yes that's you.[/list=a]

See ya tomorrow
Kiwi
Old 12-21-2001, 01:56 AM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Let's see, I did (e.), but I didn't wear the hat. I wasn't in the mood. DH's alarm clock woke me up at 5:30 and I couldn't get back to sleep (I don't have to be up until nearly 7).

I did (f.), and decided that I didn't need to drive to the "big city" tomorrow to shop. Good thing, because it's been snowing all afternoon and evening. I certainly hope there's school tomorrow; DD and I spent a lot of time getting her teachers' presents ready. We gave each of them some fudge, and since I didn't have enough ziploc plastic containers for all of them, we rummaged through the cabinet and came up with several coffee cups that were new looking and used those for containers! I'm delighted to get rid of them, although I will somewhat miss the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs one with the golden rim that she is giving to her male science teacher! (My daughter has an offbeat sense of humor)

I didn't do (g.) because her rehearsal was cancelled on account of snow and she took the bus home. I've done some of (h.), and I am glad to say I have done all of (i.), so check your mailboxes, well, not tomorrow or the next day... but soon!

Wasn't that cryptic?

Tata, cowsies. Tomorrow I'm going to buy some meat as a gift for 2 of my friends (weird, huh?)

Kiwi
Old 12-21-2001, 12:07 PM   #4  

Default I'm in the home stretch

If it's not done soon, it's not gonna get done. How tacky do you think it would be if I just went and got a stack of money at the bank (a small stack) and gave it to my 5 nieces and nephews who will be at my home tonight? They are all pre teens and teens and I really don't have a clue what they would like. It's either that or gift certificates to the movies. I'm just too tired to think about what to give them (that I can afford). Also, I'm cooking dinner for 16 ppl. I still have to go to the grocery store after work too. This is for the DH's family. FIL is italian so we will have the traditional spaghetti and meatballs Christmas meal. Anyway it's traditional in DH's family. The meatballs and sauce are made, so I really have it under control more than it would seem. Do I seem to be babbling? Can you hear the panic? Aaaarrrghhhh!!

It's good to hear the US Mail is still doing a fine job.

Kiwi, what's with the Christmas dinner with no spouses?? I don't understand company's that do this. I have a friend who's DH also has a "spouse's not invited" Christmas dinner. I think it's tacky, tacky, tacky. Even tackyier than giving cash to teenagers for Christmas gifts.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:03 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default insane behaviour

who fixes two fab Christmas displays and then has the painter in to paint the dining room and another room in the house JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS EVE??????insand people just so you know----this place is a DUMP,and the tree is just up,but not decorated,and there are still TONS of presents left to buy---with no ideas----stacks of cash sounds good wabby----may I steal your idea????I AM SENDING YOU ALL BELATED CHRISTMAS CARDS----CAN YOU BUY NEW YEARS CARDS ANYWHERE?????I WILL HAVE TO START SENDING THEM----LOVE TO YOU ALL AND A VERY MERRY HOLLY DAY!!!!LOVE YOU COWS!!!!!
Old 12-21-2001, 02:19 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I can feel your panic

It's very impressive -- you both have developed such a talent for espressing yourselves.

Absolutely, give them stacks of cash! Teens love cash!

Bagz, you're definitely nuts! But you'll get there. I accept late Christmas cards, by the way.

Gotta run, going 45 miles to buy a couple of steaks

Kiwi
Old 12-21-2001, 06:49 PM   #7  

Default Off to Christmasland

I'm almost off work, so you know that means this is farewell until after Christmas. See yas later, my lovely bovine buddies. Don't forget to give your Santas big Christmas kisses.
Old 12-22-2001, 01:59 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Oh nooooooooooooo!

Don't go away!!!! Oh well, have a good Christmas. Oh never mind, you're gone already.

Yesterday was very successful -- shopping, trekking, and more shopping. Am now proud owner of large quantities of meat.

Hope everyone finishes all their little last minute jobs and has
a peaceful Christmas Eve

and a delightful Christmas celebration!

Kiwi
Old 12-24-2001, 07:29 AM   #9  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default Merry Christmas Sweetie Eve

I, too, got a lovely card from Wabby who is the best cow ever. I did not get a pile of cash from her. Maybe that's coming.

I'm through Christmas shopping and I'm annoyed with people who insist it be spelled Xmas. I'm annoyed with people who make God seem egotistical. like me. I am not egotistical because I am a big fat bovine bozo doll.

Love you all. Start dieting on Jan. 1, right?
Old 12-24-2001, 02:23 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default No, no, no!

Start dieting on January 2nd!! I'm going to be partying on the 1st! We are going to an overnight party at our friends' who moved away (about 75 miles), and I am making breakfast. I hesitate to mention it on this forum, but I'm making cheese, egg and sausage strata, and possibly cinnamon bubble bread....

We saw Lord of the Rings last night, after we finished our shopping (yes, finished, as in finally all done!) -- it was very good. I can recommend it to anyone, even if they haven't read the books. Because I have never read any of them myself, and I enjoyed it very much. It's quite gorgeous--it was filmed in New Zealand. That's Kiwi-land, y'know. Not that I've ever been there.

babble babble

Later, Kiwi
Old 12-24-2001, 03:59 PM   #11  
fatter than U

Talking 4 inches and counting

We got snow! We got a darling card from Wabby! It's Christmas Eve and the ils have already gone home! Who could ask for more?

We're doing Canadian Christmas tomorrow. Right now I'm tracking Santa's progress at
http://www.noradsanta.org/english/radar.html but of course they are making me download RealPlayer 8 which on this computer could take until tomorrow.

Have a faaaabulous Christmas, cowsies. I love you all.

Peachers, writing Xmas makes God seem egoistical? Please explain. Is Herbie busy wrapping your diamond?
Closed Thread