South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 10:48 AM   #1  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Smile Tilapia

Hey guys - I am at work and don't have a chance to look through the enitire receipe section - does anyone have a good idea on Tilapia????? I usually put lemon pepper seasoning (a sauce) on it but it isn't sb friendly - need to stop at the store on my way home so I thought I would see what anyone thinks.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2006, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I prepare it very easily and quickly with a tiny amount of olive oil to both sides, then store-bought dry cajun seasoning sprinkled on both sides, then a few minutes under the broiler.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #3  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

I really enjoy my Fish Parmesan recipe from Phase I entrees section. Basically you dip the fish in milk and egg white, then coat it in Parmesan cheese seasoned with pepper and parsley. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then sautee in olive oil. Mmm!

Jessie
Old 09-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hi i'm new to the forum but not SBD . (i hate this)

are you phase 2? I make a mix of WW flour parmesan cheese itailan seasonings, garlic, oinion salt pepper and a touch of parm cheese and pan fry the fish. I also coat chicken or pork and do it in the microwave (40% power) for a few minutes....
Old 09-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #5  

I want to give a second vote for the Parmesan fish recipe that Jessie mentioned. I love that recipe and have used it many times with Tilapia.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #6  

I think this is OK on SBD. I hope so, because I had it and was going to again.

Tilapia with Garlic "Butter"

INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons Smart Balance
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
dash pepper
dash salt
pinch dried dillweed or parsley
dash paprika
4 tilapia fillets
PREPARATION:
In saucepan, combine butter, garlic, pepper, salt, dillweed, and paprika. Heat over low heat until butter is melted and starts simmering. Remove from heat. Brush a little of the butter mixture in the bottom of a shallow baking dish (line baking dish with foil, if desired) then place tilapia fillets on the buttered area.

Brush top of each tilapia fillet with the seasoned butter mixture. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
Serves 2.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #7  
Recovering Sugarholic

Mmm, the tilapia with garlic butter sounds delish. And I have some fresh dill in the fridge just calling my name! Rebel, why don't you post that recipe in Phase I entrees so it will be saved?

jessie
Old 09-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #8  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Talking Tapilia Parmesan was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Jessie:

The Tapilia with Parmesan was out of this world!!!!!!! Oh my it was so yummy - my husband loved it too - and it didn't make our kitchen smell as when you broil it

Thanks again for all of your help - next time I think I am going to try it with the garlic butter sauce - but this was so good - I might make it like this a few more times
Old 09-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #9  
Recovering Sugarholic

I'm glad you liked it! I wish I could take credit for inventing it, but I got it off another SBD board. I've heard it's great with chicken as well.

Speaking of smelly fish...I made cod on Sunday night and my kitchen still smells! Blech!!!

Jessie
Closed Thread