UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #1  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Talking How do you all weigh ?

This may sound like a silly thing to ask but i cant seem to walk past the scales without having the urge to jump on them and see if ive lost anything.I wondered how u all cope with it do you hide them or do you give into the temptation.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I weigh twice a week, sometimes more if the urge hits me. I have been known to put my scales in the cabinet to stay off them. This was especially true when I was down to my last 10 lbs. to lose and it was so darn slow and I wanted to see results fast. Which didn't happen.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:55 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I sometimes put them in the wardrobe for a week or two. Most times I weigh and think "well it's not my official weigh day" so I don't really let the number affect me too much if it's not Saturday!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #4  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

See i walked past the scales this morning and my weight is once a week on a friday and i see it said 286lbs which means ive lost another 2 lbs but i dont think i wanna take that too seriously incase i go to dr's for weight in and she says something different.

I dunno what to do for the best if i give into the urge im only gonna ignore what it says and if i dont do it i might have a surprise or feel like crap if its the same.

Teresa
Old 09-05-2006, 11:09 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

The scales in my house are in my parents bedroom, so I weigh when I can get in there and when they arent in there to read the reading. I hate people knowing what I weigh! My official weigh day is Sunday. Im tempted to invest in my own scales, what are the best sort to get?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #6  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 249/190/120

Height: 5'3"

I unfortunately have always given in to temptation. I weighed daily prior to getting pregnant. I know it's not good, but it's just who I was!
If your scale won't leave you alone, you could pitch it out the window
HappyTexasChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:36 AM   #7  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

I saw in argos you can buy these WW scales that actully tell you , your fat loss and your BMI , im sure it was those three things , if i remeber rightly they were about £30/£40 so expensive but if your getting that much info out of them id say they were worth the money.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/8320098.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/8321853.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/8320043.htm

Teresa
Old 09-05-2006, 11:43 AM   #8  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

They all look so futuristic, i love the looks of them. I might get a set of them, for myself at the time being, and for me and my boyfriend when we move in together. I have been gathering a few bits and bobs gradually over the last year.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/190/149

Height: 5'5"

I weigh first thing in the morning, every morning. I know it's not what most think is the "right way" but I can't help myself.

When I wake up in the morning the thing that drags my lazy butt out of bed is wondering what the scale will say. I would never make it to work on time if I didn't have a bathroom scale!
DebbieII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #10  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Yes i think Scales are sent to try us , but when you aint on a diet you coulsnt care less typical aint it.

Teresa
Old 09-05-2006, 12:04 PM   #11  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

I agree loopy they do look futureistic but i think i will buy some too when i got some cash , cos i think they will help me along the way a bit.

Teresa
Old 09-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #12  

It had got to be daily but I realised that was unhealthy - not weighed for several months now! My measurements have stayed the same, though, so don't think I've gained.

I read that a good approach to weight loss is to do what 'naturally skinny' people do - and one of those things is not weigh yourself! Then I remembered when I was a tiny size 8, I probably weighed myself once in 10 or 15 YEARS!

(And even then it wasn't me bothering but a medical I had to have for work).

So I will probably get on the scales some time in the next month or two but have decided it's an unhealthy and negative habit.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #13  

I don't own any. Scales are evil, and host to evil spirits that make me feel worse about myself.

I weigh in at the gym when I feel like it, at the moment not very often, although other times I weigh weekly.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #14  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I don't have any scales at home, so I weigh at the gym when I go (not very often at the moment) or in Boots at suitably long intervals (can't justify paying out for a weigh in too frequently! I used to weigh every day though, when I went to the gym every day.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #15  

once a week @ SW.... and occasonally in teh week to see how im doing... / if I've had a few too many treats to see if they notice lol...
lou1978 is offline   Reply With Quote