Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 01:55 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Let's get this 20somethings chat started!!!

Hello to All 20-somethings out there!!!!
There must be a lot of 20something people out there who have to lose weight! I mean, anything from 10lbs to 100+! This is the place that I think that we should start meeting. Sure, it doesnt look too popular right now, but I think that if we start with a few posts and replies here, we could all make a bunch of new friends and get tons of support!
Personally, I like talking to people in my own age group, because I feel like we can relate. I think it's hard to be 20something, especially if you are overweight. You are kind of caught between starting new careers, schools, and starting out in 'the real world' , while still trying to go out, have fun, meet new people, meet the girl or guy of your dreams, etc!
And I personally KNOW that it's hard to do all these things while being overweight. I'm always super self concious, I never feel that I have anything to wear, I feel depressed a lot, and lots of times I wont go out and do things, just for fear of being put down, or looked at in a negative manner...
So, this is a call for all 20somethings, and even some teens and/or 30somethings, if you like.....to come here and get this forum started. It's kinda hard to jump into the Threads of all these established members/friends,...so let's start our own!
I really, really, really hope to hear from some people! Reply or start a new thread with what's on your mind! Take care everyone, sunny~girl
Old 09-02-2001, 01:13 AM   #2  

Unhappy Ouch

Hmm..this hurts. Not one bloody reply...
Old 09-02-2001, 03:04 AM   #3  

Angry

Sunny, don't take it personally, girl...

this forum is long dead.

I can totally relate to what you are saying.. Being overweight makes taking that first step towards your future that much harder, at least for me. Things most of my friends take for granted, like job interviews and first dates, often leave me paralyzed with self-doubt. But reality is that I have the power to ignore those doubts, and that is the only way to get through those times.

Good luck with everything and stay positive.

Old 09-14-2001, 02:34 PM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

sunny girl - - Please feel free to stop by the WW 20-Something group. We have a new thread everyday... and we don't care what weight loss plan you are doing (most of us are on WW, but not all). Some of us have been around for a while, but we have many new members and always welcome new friends. So stop on over.

Hope to see you there.

Trish
Old 09-14-2001, 08:17 PM   #5  

Default I'm 28!

Just thought I would pop in to say I am 20 something (28) and I am in the middle of a 100 pound loss. Started in July 2000 at 256 and I am around 207 today. Exercised my butt off in the yard with my boys today. Have to do something to divert the kids from the bad news all day.

I think most of us have already started posting on other threads but I sure will try to come in here as well. As I said before, I am 28 married and live in South Carolina with our 3 children (8 yr old son and 6 yr old boy/girl twins). I am not on any particular plan. Just trying to burn more calories than I am consuming. Weekends are my worse as I am home to do as I please. Sleep late and my eating isn't on schedule. If we continue with this pretty weather and not as hot I hope to get outside a bit more.
Old 09-16-2001, 03:05 PM   #6  
Refreshed

Talking Hello.

Hello there.

I'm a 20-something here as well. I do not often reply; however, I read a lot that is going on at 3FC's. It's very informative & motivating.

I have about ten pounds to lose, that I've not been able to shed. I was a very overweight teenager & lost most of the weight that I had within the past few years.

Good luck and God Bless,

April Marie
Old 09-17-2001, 09:33 PM   #7  

Default hey there,

Hey , I appreciate this web site!! It is so amazing to me how my weight has changed my view of people, men, and most apparently my self image. I used to be very thin (too thin) and then, ( I like to say that I discovered food) and finally began to eat...except that I didnt stop...and now it is a huge problem in my life. My self esteem is so low and it is related to my weight... which yes, I do really is shallow..but I cant help it. I am an evening eater, to the extreme...So, if anyone wants to reply here I am!!! Thanx, Appalasia
Old 09-29-2001, 02:44 PM   #8  

Hi all,

I'm 23 and had 120lbs to lose. I now have just under 50 to go. My weight has always prevented me from doing things, or should I say that I'VE prevented MYSELF from doing things BECAUSE OF my weight (probably more accurate!)

Part of the reason for me trying to lose the weight is to actually GET A LIFE!! I want to be like other people in their 20's. I want to be able to do what I want and enjoy life without feeling totally uncomfortable and self-conscious.

I'm pleased with what I've achieved so far, but the loss has slowed down and it's becoming harder. I've recently plucked up the courage to start exercise classes and am going to try pretty damn hard to stick to them!

Good luck to everyone with their own goals. Keep it going.

Karen
260.5/189/140
Old 10-06-2001, 08:44 PM   #9  

Default Trying hard

Hi everybody!

I've posted another thread cause I didn't realize that you just reply. I'm 24, 5'8",and 180 lbs. I'm trying to get to 150lbs. I like to exercise but have a weakness for food. I'm going to use my thread as a journal kind-of, and post-in every few days.

I'm all for support, so if you need some, email me at [email protected], or reply, or check out my thread. I think we can all do this. I mean, harder things have been accomplished.

Wish me luck this weekend - it's Thanksgiving here in Canada (I'm in Vancouver, BC).

Hope to hear from you all soon,
K
Old 10-09-2001, 10:08 AM   #10  
St. Bernard Owner

Thumbs down

Hi! My name is Shauna and I'm 22 y.o. , 5'9.5" and weight in at 173 lbs. Last summer I was at 181 lbs., decided to do something about it, joined eDiets, got down to 156, and now I'm back up. Oh, did I mention that I'm a newlywed, just got married in June. I was still at about 160 lbs. when I got married, but I've gained weight due to cooking and baking such wonderful foods all the time. My husband also complains that he's putting on weight, but he's always wanting something sweet to eat, which leads to me baking something yummy. I've gotta kick that habit!

Also, I'm a software engineer, which requires me sitting on my butt for 9 hours/day. That's not helping my spreading behind!

I'm looking forward to motivating y'all!

Shauna
Old 10-12-2001, 12:33 AM   #11  

Angry Hi..I'm new

Hi All,

My name is Robin and I'm 28...from Washington state....I am just getting started on this.....ie...trying to change my whole life and eating habits. I was really losing weight and working out...about 2 years ago...I lost 50 lbs...and felt great...then...I just stopped...

I have decided..this is the one thing in my life...I want to do...the one thing I've always wanted...and the one thing...I really have to do...I am going slow...and trying to just move a little more..and eat better..and most importantly....think..about what I want...and what I'm doing...

So...I'd love to hear from other people...any support would be welcomed...I am on yahoo as robinhood73..im me any time...

Thanks!
Old 10-19-2001, 10:08 PM   #12  

Thumbs down

Hello, Everybody!!

I am new and I am in desperate need of some "accountability." I am 23 years old and live in Ohio...I've almost been married for a year and I've always struggled with my weight. I haven't seen non-plus sized clothing on myself since Jr. High! My goal is 140 lbs. and I've got 90 lbs. to go, yet...I'm counting WW points because it's been the easiest thing for me to do. Tonight I made "Hamburger Helper" and even used a measuring cup to make sure I was getting the right serving size!!

So, anyways, I can't go to meetings because our budget just can't allow $11/week right now, so I thought I would sign up here!! I am absolutely in love with this site!! How cool is it?!?!?!?!?! I just think it's awesome!

Well, I'm thankful for everybody's responses!! Let's keep it up!!

Talk to you later!!

Mandalynn
Old 10-23-2001, 08:56 PM   #13  

Smile Week 1 on WW

Well, I know that noone's responded since my last post, but I would like to report that I lost 5lbs. on my first week of WW!! That is definately motivating!!

Well, I guess that's all I've gotta say

Ya'll write back, okay?
Old 10-24-2001, 08:18 AM   #14  
St. Bernard Owner

Way to go Mandalynn! By the way, what part of Ohio are you from? I live in the SW corner of Ohio, in Preble County in a small town called Eaton. I work in the Dayton area though. Also, I'm 22 years old and have been married for 4 months, yesterday. Keep up the good work!

Shauna
Old 11-11-2001, 03:27 PM   #15  

Hi, Shauna!!

Yeah, I'm from Fairborn!! I live in Dayton, now, though...my hubby's in the AF so we live around WPAFB

Congratulations on getting married!! We just celebrated our 1st Anniversary this past week. We went down to the Smokies for a few days to celebrate and I took a few days off to indulge at my favorite restaraunts....it was worth it!!

Well, here's how my 2nd week went...I lost another 5lbs, but the next week my monthly visitor came, so the 3rd week I maintained...at least I didn't gain!! But vacation has added 5lbs. back, so back on the horse I go!! While we were shopping I got so down on myself! I always seem to get a tad depressed when I go shopping....

Enough beating myself up!! Everybody has set backs!!

Thanks for responding, neighbor!!

Mandy
Closed Thread