Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #1  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #996

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well just to share a bit... I think the pool is still open but I didn't know so went to the fitness center and did 45 minutes of strength training and cardio -- mostly strength but did 10 mins on the cross-trainer. LOL I used to do an HOUR strenuously on that thing when I was in shape before!! Guess I still have some catching up to do!

Kenya, yay good for you almost being at 100 pounds! That is fantastic. I can't wait to join you someday!!! Especially since that would put me in OneDerland. Oh well... dreaming. Four more pounds and I will be halfway and on the downhill stretch!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #3  
aka Valerie

Default Beware! A Book To Catch Up

First off I want to say I’m missing a bunch of old members: Crock, Dogpal, Kayley, Zelma, Maria Lucia and more! (Catherine, will you ever come back? )

KENYA – Hope you’re feeling perkier now days. Hang in there… and hang out here, when you can!!! Come on!!!! Just a few pounds to go to that 100 mark – woohoo! You’re right – you have come SO far!! You totally rock!!

LUAN – Good to see you checking in, too!!! Great about the bike riding, and vacation with your ‘crush’ sounds like squeal & giggle suspense & fun. What a great target date.

AYANNA – Great that you’re re-joining the gym! How’s that going??

MISTI – Your tickers are SO putting me in the mood for Christmas! AWESOME job and a HUGE HURRAH on the 60 pounds!!! You must FEEL wonderful as well as looking it! And that’s SO cool about your conversation with the store clerk, too. CONGRATS 60 times over!!!!! ….Grapes? I never tried frozen grapes… but I spy some on the counter, so today is the day… Oh, and thanks for the crockpot idea – I’ll make some OP chili today! You wrote: “I had to start out kind of small, as I had to lean on all the trees and light poles an sit on all the rocks LOL. Now I zoom right past them and tap them as "victory poles" etc.” That’s incredible! A true testament to what’s possible, even in a short time! I just have this image of you zipping down the street touching things like Monk. I absolutely loved your whole post on how you did what you’ve done. It was GREAT, and I’m so glad you shared all of that!

NIGHTKATT – What kind of shop did you have? How many lambs do you have? Do you eat ‘em or just shave ‘em naked now & then? We had a couple ewes and 4 lambs where my horses are, but the barn owner sold them last week. =( I was looking forward to more babies next spring, but now I guess not. Your weekend workouts sound killer – good for you!!

JEN – BRAVO on fitting into those formerly too-tight pants! That’s just the greatest feeling.

ZIGGY – Hi, Cherries, huh? Never tried them frozen before, but LOVE them fresh. Funny, I hated them as a kid. ** About the bra measurements, I had someone at LB’s measure me last time in. If I’d bought the size she told me I needed, I could have used it as a hoola-hoop. It NEVER would have stayed in place.

KIM, Thanks for the encouragement. We’ll see how well I do with the tapes. I can’t stand an audience, and so far they’re still in the wrappers. But once hubby leaves on the truck I can sweat in my living room in ‘safety’. Your belly dancing tape sounds like a blast. I’m glad it’s showing you your own progress and another way to have fun.

NANCY – they told me at Curves that the arms are one of the slowest places to measure a loss, so that’s normal. BRAVO on all the great inch losses!

XENA – I’ve been doing some wallowing and pity-partying myself, and I’m snapping out of it, too. You have a good and doable goal, and the journaling plan sounds really solid. I just started journaling again (day 3) and it works. I’ll be cheering for you and getting back to work on this right beside you, so to speak. I’m 46, so you have a decade head start on me – don’t waste it.

AMMI – what a fabulous holiday you had in London. It sounds just incredible, and IF the scale goes up a bit, it was worth it, and you’ll get it right back down!!! Actually, it sounds like a blessing in disguise that the ‘Perky Nanna’ shop was closing & out of everything. Sounds like a 10 pounder slip just looking for a set of hips to happen to. ***WOW on your friend that gained the 28 pounds – a great example of how valuable just plain walking is!

MEL – 2LOSINIT – Good to see you poppin’ in to say ‘hi.’ It’s a bummer to stall, I know, but hang in there. And enjoy your vacation. Those walks on the beach will be wonderful, and so much easier than they would have been 44 pounds ago, right? We’ll look forward to your return and then we’ll all kick few more pounds together.

BRENDA – WHOOP WHOOP on another 2 pounds gone! You are so amazing and such a great inspiration – down almost 70 pounds so far and doing great! ** I’m with Xena on the frozen blueberries. I but them that way and eat them right outa the bag sometimes. O’course, I like ‘em fresh, in yogurt, any way I can get ‘em. Raspberries, too.

TOOFATFORU – Can I join the club with you and Xena? And AYANNA, too! It’s time to prevail! *** Enjoy that painting – I like that stuff too.

MICHELLE – I hear you on the schedule and poor eating. Life on the truck was a little like what you’ve been living. Lots of unspeakable food – I used to joke about “hotdogs, breakfast of champions” not to mention the other garbage. Sometimes I drove all night & slept in the daytime, but I often switched to sleeping nights. On some runs I had to get up frequently while I was supposed to be sleeping. It was always changing and fitting in any exercise was a struggle. I hope your new situation is much better for you to get healthier. ***PS I’m still jealous over the Northern Lights thing.

Hi JEANA! I’ve been away and haven’t had a chance to welcome you or some other new members I think, but I’m glad you’ve found us. It’s a great haven, resource, and support system here. I look forward to your posts and getting to know you.

MELISSA – I hope you’re having a ball on your trip! Thanks for feedback in the PM! – AWESOME that you’ve stayed so perfectly OP while you are away. I am truly impressed, and I’m sure you will be rewarded!

NEWSNERD – A girlfriend of mine took a belly-dancing class back in my college days. I reeeeeally wanted to do it to, but at (get this) at 150 active, muscular pounds, I thought I was too fat. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid of me!! Have a blast! ** I think you might appreciate that I’m losing my 24 hour NPR IV. Getting off the truck means I loss the Sirius radio with all those wonderful stations. I’d miss Diane Rehm at 3 a.m….. but NOW I’ll be SLEEPING at that hour!

WELCOME, TIME4aCHANGE! I think 20 pounds by Thanksgiving is quite doable, but the candy bars are out, k? More protein and fiber, like someone else said recently. I understand about the stress/depression deal. That stuff will kill ya. Now, you’ve got a 20 year head start on my, and you’ve got a chance to NOT look like I look at my age. (You don’t want these thighs!) Make the best of that beautiful young body now. The biggest thing is to just keep after it and not give up – just like you’re doing! Good luck on this journey. I’m glad you’re here!!

VOODOO – Hi there, equestrian friend! You got to ride again?! WONDERFUL!! I’m off the truck – officially and (dare I say) permanently. I’ve started giving lessons to the girl with the mustang again, on the condition that I get to ride her horse. We started yesterday, and boy I’m feeling it today! And I mostly just walked, except that the horse was quite frisky when we started and I did do a bit of trotting. That will get me in shape to ride Gabe when the time comes. Speaking of Gabe, I put Miss Kayla up on his back again yesterday. It was the second time we’ve done this with him, for a few seconds at a time. I hope you feel better soon!!!

YOGINI – That’s SOOO cool that you have an opportunity for that infomercial with the trainer!!! Just what a unique and great chance to boost your program. And here I was getting excited that I’d finally be able to take part in the next 6 week program at Curves! Please keep us posted on your progress and any of the tips or information that you wish to pass on.

JILLY – Thanks for the H2O reminder – I’ve just refilled my glass. It sounds like your food-cycling is going well and according to plan, and adding the exercise is wonderful! Mistress Wyllenn will be delighted to have you on the exer-thread. I didn’t set a specific goal this month, just to get as much in as possible, and more than when I was still driving the truck. I think you should count the duck hunting walk – that’s definitely exercise!

WYLLENN, I loved your long post about the process of losing 100 pounds. What you said about being dedicated and sticking to your plan is 100% right of course, which made me feel like I’d betrayed myself because I DIDN’T stick to mine. I betrayed myself, regardless of the reasons (excuses), and I fell on my face, repeatedly. But that’s the challenge for many, if not all of us. Getting back up and going on. If a friend did something that hurt me but regretted it, I’d forgive them in an instant, so I have to forgive myself. I wanna BE where you ARE. I guess that means learning from your determination, (and the other great folks here) and sharing it, and living it. You also said “If phase one was CONTROL, maybe phase two is BALANCE.” Well, at least I know what the next phase is when I get there. WHEN I get there.

STACEY, WELCOME to the board! I’m sorry that SB didn’t work for you. It worked well for me when I started and I was able to discover that refined sugars/flour were my trigger. Everything I do now is based on that. But there’s a plan out there for you, even if you need to design it yourself. The name of the game is to have a calorie deficit, without loading up on sodium. I wish you the greatest success. I know it’s possible, and if there’s anything I can do to help I’d be very happy to! BTW – I’m in Ohio, too. Also, I don’t know anything about PCOS, but I believe there’s a thread here on 3FC for people specifically dealing with that challenge. You could check them out too, and perhaps they could help with more specifics of how to deal with it?

I’m glad there’s been so much discussion of calorie intake. I tend to aim for 1200, and I think that’s probably too low, but I usually go over and hit 1500-1600 anyway. When I get TOO compulsive about journaling I find myself slipping down to the 800-1000 range, and I KNOW that’s way too low. Yesterday I was at 1150 for the day before we all had some nachos, so actually that would have put me in the right range for the day. If I hadn’t had the chips, everything else was OP.

As for today, I did my workout class this morning for the first time in a LONG time, and it was an ordeal. I couldn’t do everything, but I gave it my best shot, didn’t give up, plan on returning tomorrow, and you just wait 8-10 days and see how much better I am at it!

Now I’m off to make some OP chili. Best wishes all!! (Phew – I’m officially caught up…. I think.)
Old 09-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLifeWithoutHorses View Post
MISTI – Your tickers are SO putting me in the mood for Christmas!

LOL I am laughing as I am getting SO frustrated when I see other people with neater Christmas stuff in their tickers and I can't make any work except the icons that are in the edit signature section. Yah it's a bit early but fun to experiment and play with. Thanks for your kind words about my post (and to others too who said it was helpful).
Old 09-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kenya – I didn’t make 100 pounds in a year – it took me 55 weeks! I don’t care, though – what’s important is that I DID it! You will get there too!

Misti – Now don’t assume you a) don’t look good enough or b) won’t look good enough for the Christmas party. With the right outfit, I bet you’d be surprised!! And you don't have to spend a lot either!

Stacy – WELCOME! I just calorie count, write down everything I eat and now focus on eating pretty healthy. I don’t starve myself and still eat around 1800 cals/day! (but get a lot of exercise). My plan has evolved over time. There is no right or wrong plan, but I think you need to find what works for you!

Kim – Sometimes that perfectionism can bite us in the butt – too much “all or none” thinking ruins many a good eating plan.

Valerie – You are telling yourself all the right stuff—if you fell of a horse, you’d get back on. But you’d also do what you could to be sure you weren’t thrown off again, right? Right.

And 1200 is probably too low at your weight (maybe that’s why you’re falling off that horse!). Bigger bodies need more calories to survive! Why not try closer to 2000 and see if it’s easier to keep at it. When I said that I had calorie deficits every day, remember I did it at first averaging 2000 calories a day!!!!

And you WILL be here!

Misti – LOVE the new picture!

I just got back from the MOST FUN shopping spree at Coldwater Creek! I’m fitting in size 14 and 16 pants and LARGE tops! I had a blast and have a bunch of new outfits! Clothes shopping is DEFINITELY getting more fun!
Old 09-04-2006, 04:14 PM   #6  
aka Valerie

WYLLENN, I know this sounds rediculous, but 2000 calories terrifies me. To me that sounds like 'Fat City, here I come!' I know mentally that's not true because so many people are doing so well with it. I'll go higher in the teen hundreds, but 2000 is just too scary. Isn't that dumb? I frequently have 1500 cal days, but if I hit 1800 I feel like "Oh well, at least I maintained." 2000 just petrifies me. I don't know where I got that notion, but it's pretty firmly ingrained. How bout 1800? I'll try that... taking a deep breath and stepping off a cliff....
Old 09-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #7  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

WOW!! So much catching up to do and I only slept for about 6 hours too!! rofl

WYLLEN & MISTI - Great words from both of you ... I enjoy a good read .. especially when it is so inspirational and encouraging No apologies should be given for sure Great work the both of you!

JILL - Well done on your decision for the exercise addition Im sure you will notice a change when added to your food intake ... just remember to take it slowly and build yourself up otherwise if you overdo it may put you off even trying again .... take Kim for example of a positive change over time - what once she could barely start now she finishes!!

KIM - WELL DONE on finishing your Bellydancing tape!! Definitely notice that sort of change dont you!? I had a hard time just doing Turbo Jam in my day (so only a couple of times a week .. well .. 3-4), and yesterday I did TJ in the morning and most of Richard Simmons in the afternoon!! And I wasnt even huffin and puffin! Definitely a great NSV moment for you for sure ... would LOVE to do Bellydancing one day ... might look into that ... I have been told it is a VERY good form of exercise Oh and be proud of yourself for the 90% too ... its better by far than the 50% or less you may have been doing to get to where you were Just make it 100% commitment to staying on the path to the goal ... that is where the 100% needs to come in ... and I dont think you have any worries there

MELISSA - Good on you for staying OP hun ... keep up the good work and Im sure you will notice it on the scales when you can next weigh in

MISTI - Great news on your new support group too! Im sure it will help and you will enjoy every minute

XENA - Pumpkin Pie (at this moment imagine Homer Simpson with drool rofl), does it use canned pumpkin or anything like that??? We dont have canned pumpkin over here ... at least I have never seen it! Oh and I definitely know what you mean about the back pain .. and Im not far behind you in age either rofl ... still .. I am assured it gets easier At least you are getting it done ... even if it is in small doses

YOGINI - WTG on your new infomercial job ... Im sure you will do fantastic .. it all sounds very exciting! Attitude definitely helps!!

MISTI - I reckon you should go to the Xmas party this year ... you have lost 60lbs!!! That is a lot less of you than last year .. enjoy it .. and celebrate it! Get yourself done up and show us your outfit!! For those of us that dont have office parties to go to at Xmas we need the vicarious thrill of others parties rofl. I think you look beautiful anyway (and Im sure others on here would agree) .. so hunny you got it .. GO FLAUNT IT!! Huggies

2F4U - Great job on your back on track plans! Im sure that you will be melting away again soon

STACEY - HIIIII and Welcome on in!! Yayy another talley!! lol ... Im in New Zealand and was on Jenny Craig for a month to get my eating on plan and regularly again, then due to finances I went off that and just counted the calories and have added in exercise dvds to my plan ... I went off the rails on the weekend a little and put on a few pounds (grrr) but by my weigh in on Friday I will be back to where I was if not in TwoTown (crossing fingers). Just set yourself little goals ... and try another doctor!! I dont know of anyone for whatever reason that put on weight on a weightloss plan after sticking to it for 4 months! Sounds like the plan was way wrong for your system!! Good luck and keep talkin and gettin out there We love a gab session lol. I do sometimes weigh myself in the morning (after the bathroom but before breakfast!), but Im going to try to stay off them until my weigh in day which is Friday

KENYA - Nice to see you posting hun .. Im sure you must be missing your hunny ... but its great you arent doing any emotional off tracking! Im sure your hunny will be just as proud of you as we are when he gets home ... how long is he away for? (sorry if I missed you saying already). Its definitely good to keep busy Hugs!

PPP - BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you had a lovely day! Good on you for sticking to your plan even on your birthday

VALERIE - It was a small gift shop in a smallish town (6000 population over a wide country/coastal area), we are still online .. but my hunny needs to get the website updated cos we have sold out of a lot of the stock on there and have new things rofl.... We have 2 lambs - Sooty & Sweep (pics of them are on the pics thread), definitely not for the dinner table rofl .. cheap lawn mowers The workout wore me out .. but I have noticed my recovery time is almost immediate .. not that I could do another 20-40 min workout straight away cos my body muscles still complaining lol .. but Im not huffin and puffin and can talk on the phone pretty much within 2-3 min without heavy breathing either ... although in some cases heavy breathing could be a good thing rofl .. naughty Katt!! I know what you mean about the journalling too! I tried it and then when I was working out my cal/kj I realised I was sooo under that I thought right .. Im going back to just watching everything and estimating my daily intake, Im still not hitting the 2000cal consistently .. prob more the 1600 range, but Im trying not to go too low for when I reach those plateaus - gives me room to move for a bit Well done!

WYLLEN - Woo hoo on your shopping spree ... that is a great NSV for you hun! Gonna take piccies of your new clothes for us then??

Oooooh ... just about to post and I refreshed the page (had another one open) and saw that there was a new thread to join onto rofl ... so whew and that means I missed another whole thread!! gawd .. so fast!

Yesterday one of my lambs was a little bloated (oops), but he is doing lots better this morning now so Im a little less panicked (how do you spell that??).

Im just about to do my Turbo Jam .. running a little behind this morning even tho I woke up at 6 and couldnt get back to sleep .. oh .. hang on .. that means I had less than 5 hours sleep ... humm .. might be having a nap today I think. Im still feeling motivated to lose weight (esp when I come on here), but Im getting a little ho hum if you know what I mean? I am applying for a part time job at The Warehouse (sorta like umm .. K-Mart??) which is about 1 mile from me so I will be hoping to walk there each day if I get the job and home again (if its not too late). And that way I will be out of the house and around people again .. not sure how I will cope if I have the job at Xmas time cos I get panic attacks in crowded places ... and The Warehouse is always packed around Xmas and on Boxing Day ... but Im gonna fight that just like Im fighting this cruddy weight! One Day At A Time!

If I missed anyone above .. I do apologise ... but Hiiii ...

Oh ..

SHARON!! Thanks so much for Richard coming to my house He is a fun workout, even if I cant get totally co-ordinated yet .. Im getting there. Hope you get over whatever bug is starting to hit you quickly hun .. no fun being sick for sure Huggies

Better go .. gotta get my TJ done so I can have my breakfast

Have a great OP day all!!
Old 09-04-2006, 04:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 269+/266.2/190

Height: 5ft 2inches

Wow the posting is fast and long! I love it. i got out on the trail and walked in the park yesterday and today. This time of year is great for woalking in the midwestren states. the days are getting cooler, wetter but cooler.

i like to wak to some place so yester day i tryed to walk to dinner but the place i wanted to go was closed on Sunday. So i walked back and cooked a great meal of chicken breast, green beans and corn on the cobb. i am going to try and find places I can walk to in my neighborhood. I just moved about a month and a half ago so i am still exploring.

i bought some frozen fruit as i continue to struggle to work more fruits and veggies into my day. I also got carrot sticks, kiwi, and frozen pea. I will eat the carrot sticks as a snack any time, the peas are easy to through into any thing I am cooking to get some veggies and the kimi I will cut up in yogurt for breakfast. I think i wil get some bananas later in the week to mix it up.

sorry no personals this time. i hope everyone is getting there week off to a good start. Thank you to the ladies who are sharing the detials of thier programs and good luck to everyone starting out. In the early stage small changes can really help get the ball rolling and make a positive differnce in our over all health. I can not go from 0 to 60 (or 300 to 240) in a day but add a little now and if I stick with it I will be able to do more and more.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 269+/266.2/190

Height: 5ft 2inches

I am trying to test out my signature...
Old 09-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Whew, everyone must be back from the weekend because we're flyin' through posts here!

So yeah, Jeff and I went to the park. We walked through the woods to where we had fed the ducks last time, but they weren't there. On our way out, we were crossing a little bridge back to where the activities section is (paddle boats, kayaks, a carousel, etc.), and I noticed 2 little ducks in the water right below the bridge. So we stopped and tossed in a few bits of bread (those lucky ducks--it was light whole-wheat bread with added flax seed...probably the best thing they've ever eaten ).Well, the word must have spread, because in about 3 minutes, about 10 Canadian geese and a whole bunch more ducks were all waiting patiently below for our bread! We stood there tossing in bits of the light bread and light wheat hamburger and hotdog buns (all were in perfectly edible condition--not moldy or anything--just had been frozen too long, so the edges were still slightly hard when thawed) while parents with young children stopped and watched (I think I'm almost as easily amused by the ducks as the little 3- and 4-year olds who passed by!). Then, over the loud speaker, we hear an announcement saying, "We ask that our visitors NOT feed any of the geese or ducks in the park. Thank you." We stopped, but it was annoying. I mean, what harm were we doing? We weren't in anyone's way, we weren't hurting the ducks, we were talking with other people passing by, entertaining little kids...and nowhere on the park's website nor posted on any of the numerous "rules" signs throughout the park does it say that duck feeding is not allowed. We still had fun and had already gone through 2 whole bags of bread, but the announcement just sounded so unnecessarily rude. Meh, time to find a new park.

At least I got in a good 30+ minutes of walking (including a few hills along the path) heh, plus I got rid of some of the bread taking up space in my freezer

Valerie--does it help to keep in mind that most "normal" weight women who have never been overweight need about 2000 calories to maintain their weight? I mean, here we are, as overweight as we are, we HAVE to be burning more calories a day than them, right? So 2000 really isn't all that much I know what you mean about it sounding scary, though. If you're more comfortable with 1800, I think that sounds like a reasonable compromise. I just think 1200 is WAY too low for most of us, especially since in order to keep losing, you'll likely have to decrease your calories even further as you get smaller. Starting at the bottom doesn't give you much wiggle room!
Old 09-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

WOW I have one day away from the PC and I find I am two threads behind. Well I will just have to try my best to catch up now. Before I start though, I have to report that, shock of shocks, all that walking and sweating in London must have done wonders because I didn't gain any weight, I actually lost 3 lbs I couldn't believe it when I saw the scales this morning, but am thrilled

Kim - your hubby's compliment WAS an NSV, anything that makes you feel good when it is to do with weight loss is always an NSV

Sorry about the job, but like you said, you had decided you didn't really want it, AND you had all those compliments. I am sure when you go for another interview you will be all the more confident thanks to those compliments

The only tip I can give you about eating a little off plan, is to forgive yourself for it. The guilt will only make you feel down which in turn will make you want to eat more of the wrong stuff. Just think about days of old where you would happily have eathen way more than just a few bites of icecream. Ok so there wasn't any more left for you to eat, but I am sure you would have stopped yourself way sooner than if you weren't dieting.

The only other thing I want to say is STOP having the naughty foods in the house unless hubby is going to eat everything and not leave it to be a temptation to you

Xena - I hear you on the not looking like a tourist thing Unfortunately with me having my camera at the ready all around London I think I failed dismally at looking like a local

Oh yes I can just imagine us both slim and lovely if we meet in London, we will have to find a theme park so we can enjoy fitting on all the rides

How is the housework coming along. I had a couple of days like yours when I started dieting. It was a perfect form of exercise and I got the house exactly as I wanted it. Of course with two teenagers at home it didn't stay spic and span for long. Talk about a never ending job!

What did you end up eating for dinner, I find sandwiches are the quickest and less messy thing to make when you are trying to keep a kitchen clean

Ziggy - hey don't forget to add Wales to that list of places you want to see if you get to this side of the pond

The only thing I can suggest to speed metabolism is exercise. I try to exercise before my main meal. Don't know if it is working or if it's a coincidence but the weight is coming off nicely

Katt - you've got a deal, will PM you later with my address

Wow your trip abroad sounded awesome and so much fun. Sounded tiring too, I bet you felt like you needed a holiday when you got back to NZ

I think your hubby has the most wonderful idea of taking you on holiday when you get to your goal!! Where would you like to go, I hear Mauritius is gorgeous, and it's not too far from home

Cool, you sell Piggins in your shop, they happen to be my all time fave thing that I collect. I only buy them when the occasion calls for it, like I bought one called Piggin Push Off when I started a diet once. It's a fig with the mummy pig yelling at the baby pig to push off away from her trough!! That's what I am STILL like when I diet, don't come asking for one of my chips, or a bite of my pie coz it's all counted and it's MINE, lol. I have some of the plush Piggins too which are so soft and adorable. I look forward to seeing some pictures of all your 'babies'

Your dad sounds like a real softy, ok sometimes to his detriment, but still a sweet softy. I really hope that he will be able to stop that selfish cow from taking his home from him. It's so unfair, and hopefully the legal system will be on his side!! Tell him from this side of the world

I am very impressed that you did so much of the Richard Simmon's DVD, well done. I hope you won't be too sore tomorrow!

Newsnerd - good for you for looking for a Belly Dancing class. I don't think I could do that, seriously because of my ostomy, but on the funny side I think if I started shaking my belly it would carry on for a few minutes after the rest of me has stopped

Time4achange - hello and I know all about weight gain during depression, I went through that myself. It's only in the last 4 or 5 months since having some meds that actually work that I have felt human again and able to concentrate on dieting. Thankfully the weight is coming off again now, and I am sure it will do the same for you too. 20 lbs by Thanksgiving is definitely doable, just make sure you don't eat too much candy at Halloween

Misti - When do you think you will give the Deep water aerobics a go? I want to hear all about it once you have gone and tried it.

A Perky is a bar of chocolate available in NZ. I was going to get one from an International Sweet store in London, but they didn't have any. Do you have Milky Way chocolate bars there? Apparently they Perky Nana's are like a Milky Way but with a banana centre. They sound delicious

Your post explaining how you have lost your weight and carry on doing so was great to read. Between you and Heather there is inspiration flying all over the place. It's wonderful, thank you.

Heather - I have days where I just don't want to be exercising, but I do feel great when I give myself a push to do it

I enjoyed reading how you have lost your weight so far, thank you for sharing.

I was so happy to hear what a great time you had shopping. I am so looking forward to enjoying buying clothes one day!

Luan - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LUAN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU Sorry I am a bit belated with the birthday wishes, I haven't been online today until now!

Sounds like you have given yourself the best birthday present ever, all those great things which will help you to lose weight and get healthy!

Oh yes, you are right on the mark there when you say Yay about London, but next time it's Vegas. I am determined to make it over there, and next year would be wonderful because it will be my 5th wedding anniversary. Ok time to save save save!!!

As for exercise DVDs, I do Rosemeary Conley's Salsasize, well I did, I haven't done it since I got my Gazelle Rider. Tomorrow I am going to start doing my old WATP video, I feel up to doing it now. I will let you know if I enjoy it.

Sharon - welcome back my friend Glad to hear you had such a nice time at your parents', and it's wonderful that you went riding again. It's definitley paying off that you are losing weight isn't it

4 lbs gain after all those days of not being OP is brilliant. I am sure you will lose that again in no time at all. Sorry to hear that you are feeling so unwell again. You really can't catch a break can you. You start dieting and doing well and then you end up in pain, or ill. Well I just hope this cold will go quickly and that it doesn't hinder your weight loss

Kenya - glad to see you dropping in, I guess you are keeping busy with school and all. I hope you aren't getting too tired out.

When does your hubby come home? I am so sorry that you are missing him so much, of course it's understandable, I bet you are counting the days until he comes home

Brenda - thanks for clearing up about AI, I am glad it isn't on soon because we are having our X Factor series at the moment and I know they wouldn't show that and the US AI at the same time.

Jill - it really sounds like you are doing fantastically well with your diet, well done on losing even more weight, AND deciding to add exercise to this current cycle You are so committed again now and you are reaping the rewards!!

Oh boy that sucks about the announcement at the park telling visitors not to feed the ducks. What good is a park with ducks if you aren't allowed to feed them. I agree with you that it's time for you to find a new park to go to.

Patti - No lol, I haven't been on the DS much today, ok well an hour before tea, but before that I was in Swansea doing last minute back to school shopping for the girls. I didn't even get to exercise today as planned, but will definitely do it tomorrow. It's far easier to keep to a routine when the kids are in school.

So glad you are OP today and that you have exercised as well. It's a wonderful feeling to be in control isn't it well done

Missy - it's so hard to stay OP when you are away from home, Sharon nor I could do it on our respective trips away from home, so on being 100% OP.

Yogini - wow that is fabulous that you are going to be on that show/infomercial. The trainer sounds wonderful too being more concerned about making you have a healthier lifestyle rather than being concerned about how much weight you lose. I hope you will come here often when the time comes and post all about what happens with the trainer etc.

Stacey - hello and In my opinion you won't find a better place for all the support and encouragement you could ever need. Everybody here is so friendly and I know my diet wouldn't be going half as well as it is if I didn't have everybody here for me

I am following the WW diet and it's amazing, if you haven't tried it I would definitely recommend that you do.

Val - Annie is in the process of moving so is offline temporarily. She will be back online sometime this month, and the sooner the better, I've been missing her.

I am glad you told Nancy about the arms being the slowest place to lose weight from. I haven't lost even an inch from either of my arms. Not that they are high on my priority list, I want to lose weight off my butt and legs. Everything seems to be getting smaller except them

Yes I think you are right that it's a good job that the sweet shop was out of all that I wanted. I always find it so hard to stop at just one Violet Crumble. I put on 14 lbs in one month just from eating way too many of them!! Well ok, I had some other Aussie treats too, when I was on holiday there. It's all just too yummy!!!

well done on going to that work out class and for not giving up when you couldn't do everything. What a great attitude to just focus on keeping on going, and that in a short time you will be doing the whole work out with no problems!!!

Ayanna - glad to see you got your ticker on your posts and I look forward to seeing the numbers going down

Ok well I have been here ages catching up and NOW it's my bed time. I hope everybody is having a great day, and I will definitely post earlier tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #12  
Releasing the inner hiker

Heather and Misti- Thank you for the lovely posts you wrote about your plans. Like Heather, I write down everything I eat...it seems to be the only thing that keeps me focused on food choices. Odd, but true. Oh, and I have been losing consistently on 2000 calories (or even more!) a day.

It sounds like everyone is keeping their focus. Sat and Sun were hard for me as I was sick and sad (a little lonely for my friend who just moved). Today was better though, and this week will be fine as I will have more structure with work.

My poor pooch, a.k.a. my walking buddy, hurt herself last week jumping off a retaining wall. She has been limping all week, so my walking has been a little less than normal. I feel bad not taking her out. We live in a SMALL efficiency apartment and the poor thing hasn't gotten out much. I took her for a small 10 min walk today and she was in pain by the end of it. I'm hoping by next weekend she will be back to normal.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a lovely OP day tomorrow. I'm off to pack my lunch for tomorrow.

Oh, a question for Misti and others who cook big meals on the weekend for the week: I'd like to start doing this. Any suggestions for meals?
Old 09-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #13  

jump on in Valrorie the more the merrier we need buddies to keep us on track..
Old 09-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #14  

Ammi Three Cheers For You!
Old 09-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #15  

Wow, is this thread flying or what? It is fun having several newbies, and I too miss the "regulars" who seem to have disappeared. Hope all of you were able to stay OP today!

Heather and Katt... thanks for the input about the Christmas party. Problem is... I have never WANTED to go. It is a nice dinner, with drinking (which I don't do) and dancing (which I would do but don't have anyone to do it with). Too funny about the outfits... yesterday at Catherine's there was the most stunning red woven "poncho" type thing... so dressy and sparkly... on the sellout rack. Gorgeous for Christmas... and wayyyyyyyy too big for me LOL. They also had some gold and silver ones on the regular racks but again all too big. Oh well I won't let THAT disappoint me.

And Heather... ummmmmmm... I haven't updated my picture for several weeks now! But glad you like it. I did try uploading some pix and then deleted them... trying out the photo uploader and hoping it worked better than before, which it doesn't. Perhaps that was what you saw???

Valerie, LOL about the bra size stuff. I didn't get measured but I did recently go to an online site and enter my measurements. It told me to get a 50 DDD. (I buy a 44 DDD and sew up the sides since I really need a 42.) I love the hula hoop illustration. They just don't seem to "get" that sometimes it is BOOB we have, not just bigger bands around us!!

Ammi, so glad about the great vacation. Thanks for the explanation about a Perky. Now LOL you don't NEED that Perky now that I know what it is. Not sure just when we will start the deep water aerobics. I forgot to ask the pool people if you have to sign up in advance. I will talk to my friend at work tomorrow and see when we are going to start; probably next Saturday if possible. I am kind of looking forward to giving the deep water ones a try. BTW I am amazed about the arms... as I have lost about 3" from the top of each arm! Still flabby right at the very top though LOL

Yogini... wow that is neat about the infomercial! Good for you!

PPP yah happy belated birthday! Hope it was great!

Ayanna, don't worry about not having time for personals. Most of the time I can't do it either and even now I know I a missing a lot of people. I do read them all and respond what I can.

Blessings to all

in Seattle
Closed Thread