Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 03:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Default Skinny ***** Diet

skinnyb itch.net

has anyone tried this diet plan? I am a vegan so i think it would be pretty good for my lifestyle...

"How does this diet sound? Eat all the bread, potatoes, pasta and cookies you want and quit counting calories. Jump for carb-loaded joy! Okay, there is a catch: no meat, dairy, sugar, refined flour or artificial sweeteners. But after reading Skinny ***** by former Ford Models agent Rory Freedman and former model Kim Barnouin, going (dare we say it?) vegan sounds less like the lifestyle of crunch-granola hippies and more like a recipe for becoming slim and gorgeous...

Just what does a "skinny *****" eat?
Organic fruits and veggies
Proteins: Soy products, beans, nuts
Starches: Whole grain cereals, whole grain bread, whole wheat pasta, vegetable pasta, tortillas, brown rice, barley, quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes
Treats: Organic corn chips; tofu ice cream; desserts sweetened with cane juice, maple syrup, raw sugar or other natural, unrefined products
Drinks: Water (with an optional slice of fruit), decaf green tea, organic red wine"

edit: didnt know b i t ch would filter!
Old 09-03-2006, 06:53 AM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

If you're already vegan, then what's the difference?
Old 09-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #3  
Weight-Loss Warrior

S/C/G: 195/188.4/160

Height: 5'8"

I've heard of it, I've been meaning to pick it up and check it out. I've actually waiting for a copy to become available at the library. I'm just becoming vegan (first week being vegan). Have you read it? Do you think it is useful?
Old 09-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

From the description, it looks like a whole foods/no processed foods diet plan for vegans. I do a whole foods/no processed foods diet plan with a slightly vegetarian twist (I'm not off meat completely) but I still eat some dairy (like yogurt).

Just from the whole foods perspective and cutting out processed foods, it should work but that will work whether you are vegan or not.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #5  
Opulent

The healthy goal is to become fit and balanced, not 'skinny' and I'm not too keen on anything that is titled in such manner and plays on women's jealousy of other women in that way (I think it is tacky).

A whole foods vegan diet certainly can be very healthy though, so perhaps I should look in to the book and get past my bias against the book for its slick and underhanded marketing ploy.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #6  
it's always something

Sorry about the filter, allycat, but the word was being misused/abused so we recently added it to the censor

I've heard that the book is entertaining to read, but I've not heard anyone say anything about the diet.

Since you are already a vegan, then their approach should fit your lifestyle and you may find some helpful ideas in the book. It sounds like a good fit But for someone that is not a vegan, or vegetarian, or following a whole foods approach, then the diet would probably be difficult to adapt to.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #7  

Thanks for the input guys

jillybean- the difference is right now i am not eating that healthy... its kind of embarrassing but ive been eating things like unfrosted poptarts- vegan? yes... but healthy? no.

I think i am going to buy the book from barnes and noble today its around 12 dollars paperback so it seems to be a pretty good investment. Thanks again!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:02 AM   #8  
Opulent

Allycat89, I wanted to send you a PM to keep this thread on topic but you don't have a PM option so here goes:

I would really reccomend any of Dr. Barnard's books. He advocates a whole foods, vegan diet and when people have followed his plan, I have seen amazing results!

Breaking the Food Seduction: The Hidden Reasons Behind Food Cravings---And 7 Steps to End Them Naturally and Food for Life
are the ones I really love.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #9  

Thanks yogini!

Umm how do i set up pm option?

I went ahead and bought the book. There is a whole month worth of menus that just sound fantastic. I am def. going to be reading up on a whole food diet. I have had fruit, boca burger, and some triscuits today and i feel awesome
Old 09-03-2006, 09:02 PM   #10  
Weight-Loss Warrior

Hi allcat89,
I stopped at Waldenbooks today and picked up the book and started browsing. It is hilarious. I had a 30% coupon so I decided to buy it. I'll be reading it tonight. If you are thinking of doing it and need a buddy let me know.
-Liz

Ps. I'm trying to get past the junkfood vegetarian/vegan food too. I had gotten in the bad habit of eating vegan cookies/cakes etc. Not health food items for sure.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #11  

I would LOVE to have a buddy along for the ride! I cant start until wed. because tuesday is my birthday!! I figured a new year deserves a new year of healthy eating. I cant wait to get this weight off and be healthy again
Old 09-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #12  
Weight-Loss Warrior

Hi allycat89,
Wednesday sounds good to me. I've gotten to chapter 10 and have skipped ahead and seen the menus. I'm going to start their menus on Monday and just work with what I've got in my house until then.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Celebrating by a new year of healthy eating sounds like a great plan!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:26 PM   #13  

So how did your first day go?

mine went awesome!

B- piece of an orange
L- fruit salad (pineapple, grapes, half of an apple, 3 strawberries)
s- 2 slices of vegan ww pumpkin bread
d- salad (boca crumbles, fat free refried beans, lettuce, salsa)
s- banana

yay! the bread is from a local bakery yumm
Closed Thread