Thread: Magic Pill??
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #21
DeafinlySmart

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale_Mary View Post
I suppose this is an old thread, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when someone claims something is safe simply because it is "all natural." Poisonous mushrooms found in the forest are all natural, it doesn't mean they're safe.

It's unforutnate, but many of these ads pray on people's desperation. I'm sure a lot of intelligent people (Myself included) have wasted money on supplements with the hope that it will be the one thing that gets them over their personal hurdles.

Nope. Nada. No way.
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. A coworker was trying to give me a herb for cold remedy (I had heard of it before) and the thing that came out of her mouth was "it's safe, it's not medicine." HERBS have MEDICINE properties! Furthermore, they aren't regulated so if used incorrectly (or ignorantly) they can be unsafe ESPECIALLY if you don't know the reactions to other drugs or the side effects. I've always felt if you are relatively healthy and you research what you are taking, you should be fine. I'm more likely to ask my doctor though.