Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 11:19 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Weight Loss and Chit Chat #210.

Hello and Welcome to the Jaded Ladies site,

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:41 AM   #2  

Hello Ladies!!

Not a lot of time this morning because I HAVE to get the gazelle in.....but I wanted to start a new thread. (MaryKate, we're just going to have to teach you to start a new one! )

But before I go:

Hello Jules & MaryKate!!! I missed you both!! Glad that you both got a chance to pop in and say hi.

Ok....I WILL pop back in later after work and get myself caught up.

Hugs to you all!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Afternoon ladies!

This will be a "post by" lolllllllll. Had to get up early today, hub has an appt. with the orthopediest...................(not sure about the spelling there. lol)

anyways. Have a Great Day Ya'all!

Old 08-31-2006, 01:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/275/170

Height: 5'10"

Not sure if anyone is here right now, but I thought I'd say my first hello to everyone. At work (bookkeeper for a walnut/almond farmer) and harvest season is starting so only a few moments to post each day before the madness begins. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Catch ya later!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 03:19 PM   #5  
ugggg.....

It's breaktime and I just wanted to pop in to say hi!! Lot's of newbies--WELCOME!! It's getting a little easier now that my coworker is back and I am able to do MY backlog of work.
Hi to anyone else I may have missed--i'll try to be better at posting--we did the defragmenting on the computer last night and tonight is the scanning for viruses--my DD's nerdy roomate and her computer geek boyfriend say the can fix it if there is one and maybe add some extra memory to it while they are at it. (that is what they call themselves--the roomate says her and DD living together is the college version of the tv show freaks & geeks without the stoners)
Old 08-31-2006, 06:56 PM   #6  
~Believe~

HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!

Well got back from hub's appt. Basically the dr said he needs to build up his outside muscle to his knee, so he prescribed him two week physical therapy. Didn't even look at his elbow. It was mil's dr which she RAVES about and frankly we weren't too impressed.

Anywho. Got some lunch after and then we went to the Y. Had a tour. HOLY MOLY that place is HUGE! Not only is it the biggest in our area, it is the biggest in the country! (no kidding, it is) I think we both had a very nice workout just from taking the tour of the place! I was breathing heavy and everything by the end! lol.

So we did it. We signed up! AND we can have as many guests as we want and they only have to pay $6 or a discounted weekly rate. So we plan on taking fil up there with us.

They have it all there. U name it they have it. Also we got a 10% discount from our work and they had a special this month too.

all newbies! Jump right in, the ladies are all wonderful!

Well talk to you all later!

Have a Great Night!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-31-2006 at 06:57 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot! lol...........
Old 08-31-2006, 08:35 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sue - so did they get the kitchen countertop and cabinets in?

Sassy - oic about the days off, lol. It still works out great for you, tho. Yay for that. I bet you'll love the Y especially since you have your sweetie to go with you. This will be good for his knee, too, right?

Norma - I look around and see some women who have grandma faces, and hair that just looks silly because it's obviously dyed, and I don't want to end up like that. How long have you let it go natural? Did you know that Tyne Daly shaved her head on her 50th birthday and let her hair come back natural, lol? I don't think I'll go to that extreme, but I think that was brave of her. Or really, really stupid, lol.

Nixxie - so how much longer will you be in Sweden? Your friend is right - you won't recognize Burkhart Rd. It used to be a corn field.... not anymore! I love your list, lol. I spent some time in Germany w/1st DH, and missed so much about the states that I previously took for granted. Like toilets with water in the bowl, lol.

Mary Kate - there you are!! Makenzie can't eat foods that are even manufactured at the same plant as foods containing nuts, and the labels will say "may contain nuts" to cover the liability. Mary sends a special snack to preschool with her and the sweet little thing doesn't complain at all about having to eat something different. Hope your bladder infection is much better. I've had one of those before.... ouchie!!

Marti - did you get the gazelle in? Are you doing that with the yoga, too?

Kristine - welcome to the place where you can share as much or as little as you want. These are the best gals on the internet, as you will soon find out. I did some bookkeeping for a car dealership back in the day, and loved it. Part of my job was calling people who wrote bad checks to the service dept. Yikes, I didn't like that part, though, because I'm usually for the underdog, lol. I'm looking forward to knowing you better.

Julie - YAY, your coworker is back!!! Tell her she can't ever leave again, lol. I compress and defrag this computer once in awhile. It's crazy how much difference that can make!

Cristina - where are you today?

Hello to everyone else reading this.

I spent most of the day with Makenzie. It was her day to be "Grandma's Girl". So she went with me to do my errands. I always spend more when a DGD goes to Wally World with me, lol.

At the Thursday meeting today, I voiced my concern about the cystic fibrosis thing, and 2 of the women - who both happen to be nurses - said we'd know it already, if the twins had it. So that relieved me so much!

Not much else going on. We're having friends in for dinner Saturday night, so I'm going to get as much done tomorrow ahead of time that I can. But I'll check in at some point.

Be good!
Old 08-31-2006, 11:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Jane: I'm glad to hear that about the C.F. I will continue to pray until you have something more definitive:

Marti: I could use some input about the Gazelle. I've had mine for several months. I can't last more than 10 min. Am I doing something wrong or do these things really do more than they appear to? I don't have the latest one with the tension things that keep the legs from spreading too far apart with the splits.

Hello to you other great ladies: Hope you are all doing well.

Norma
Old 08-31-2006, 11:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Jane: P.S. I always kept my hair colored lighter from a medium brown to a very light brown or dirty blonde from my early twenties until my late forties. Now I have my wish and it's all white.....not funny!LOL
Old 08-31-2006, 11:45 PM   #10  

Hello again Ladies!!

What a busy day at work! I tell you, it's a test for us workers to see if we can keep all our hair by the end of the day!

Sassy--Fantastic!! Sounds like the place is perfect. And how great is it that your hubby joined w/you. I think it makes going to the gym so much easier when you have someone to go with you.

Kristine--Hello and Welcome!! Sounds like you work in a fun place. Looking forward to learning more about you. Pop in anytime and chat about anything!

Jules--I hate it when James has to do that to our computer. But as Jane said...sure makes a huge difference. I'm glad to hear that your co-worker is back. Wish one of ours was back. She left for a two week vacation and we've been bustin' butt trying to keep up!

Jane--Yep...doing the gazelle in the morning and yoga at night. The gazelle gives me the energy I need for the day and yoga really help relax me. James suggested it and I'm glad I tried it. I haven't done the yoga yet tonight, will do that before bed.

Norma--I don't believe my gazelle has resistant bands on it either. For awhile I didn't think I was seeing any results by using the thing...but the longer I did, I then started seeing that my back side was in better shape. So even though it's doesn't feel like anything is going on.....eventually you'll see something. I usually hop on during a morning show and just work up a sweat for 20-30 minutes. I end up doing about 2miles or more. I'm not sure if I helped at all......

Hello to all you others out there.

I'm going to eat a light dinner and then do my yoga and hit the hay.

You all have a good night!
Old 09-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Happy September!

Norma - all white hair can be pretty, and I bet yours is, too. One of my sisters has it, and it's very attractive on her. I tease her that she looks more and more like mom, though, lol.

Marti - hope you aren't bald by the time you read this, tee hee. Your job sounds like it is very interesting, though, when the pressure to hurry is off. Or is that pressure ever gone?

Today I'm washing sheets and I'm going to hang them out to dry if it doesn't rain. Looks kind of cloudy right now. Also, I'm going to get as much done as I can for the dinner with our friends tomorrow.

I need help with this: I'm making a new recipe of a light apple cinnamon cake. It's very, very spongy looking, and is made in a springform pan. I just recently bought a set of those pans, and am not sure how to get the cake off the base once I take the side piece off. Any clue how to get it transferred to a serving plate to cut it, or do I leave it on the bottom? I have a pretty, clear cake cover I'd like to use.

I'll bbl.....
Old 09-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies! I hope you are all geared up for a pleasant week-end.
I have a busy day going..laundry this a.m. and then I have to go to the new house. Off from there to buy, of all things, toilet seats. Yep, gotta have 'em.
Carpet is coming today as are the plumbers. Getting our water heater, water softener and toilets installed.
Yes, the countertops are started, not finished. They worked overtime and still didn't get them completed, but we have a large kitchen and 2 baths that they are doing. Every worker who comes in really likes DH's handmade vanities. They all tell him he could build and sell those for big bucks. May be a new profession for him. (although he says he gets more joy out of making furniture to give to family)

BBL to talk to you all...
Old 09-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane- Never had a springform pan..sorry! Sounds like a good cake..yum.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 280/275/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I read yesterday that "Sassy" joined the "Y" and your DH is recovering from some type of knee injury. I am in a similar situation. In July, while we were out of state on vacation, my husband got into a wrestling bout with my 18 yr old son and slammed his ankle into a table and fractured it. Had to have emergency surgery (titanium plate in is ankle/leg) and was in a cast for 6 weeks. He is now in a walking boot and the doctor wants him to take it slow, (no work until October). I am stressed out about it, because he is pushing himself, I feel, a bit too fast, but heaven forbid I tell him to slow down. I know he feels helpless and he knows I'm stressed about the no work (we discussed this in marriage counseling). Anyway, I'm glad I have a place to vent and maybe get some feedback. Looking forward to going back to the gym today after work, I missed two days and I need to work some of this frustration out of my system.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #15  
~Believe~

Hey Everybody!

Jane -- Yup that is another reason I like the hours I work. I can take off a few days and be off an entire week without taking an "Actual" week off! lol. Yeah I'm excited about the Y. I used to go when I was single, I would go everyday after work. I always felt much better after........Yes it will be great for his knee.......Also about the cake..........and springform pan. Here is a little tip from Wolfgang puck we was watching this morning. He said to brush some butter on the bottom (or I'm sure non-stick spray may work too) then put on some parchment paper and then more butter on top of that and it should come right off. Now this cake he was making was on a sheet pan, but I'm sure it would work the same for you. If anything just leave it on there if your too afraid to transfer it. Hope that helps!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marti -- Yes I'm excited about it and I think hub is too. When we first started dating, he was just recovering from a very serious illness so he was not working at the time. He would drop me off to work and then he would go and work out to regain his strength. So I think this is going to be good for us both. It is a lot easier to go with someone, makes it more fun too!

Hey Kristine -- Sorry to hear about your DH. Maybe once he is fully recovered he can go workout with you? (as long as his dr says its okay) I know there are lots of equipment and what not at our Y that is going to help strengthen hub's knee.

Also I know what you mean about doing too much too soon. My mil was like that after her surgeries on her ankle. She had 3 surgeries on hers and after each one she would do too much too soon. But she is doing okay now. I think in one way its good that they want to get up and get moving, but in another way its bad because they could possibly undo everything.

What I've learned though is you can't really tell them anything (if your DH is anything like my mil) so all you can do is support them the best way you can and then go to the gym and work out all your frustrations. If your really concerned all I can say is talk to your husband's dr about it, but other than that I can't really say much. I know its very frustrating but at a certain point, you just got to "let go" and realize its totally up to them and it has nothing to do with you. They are going to do what they are going to do unfortunately...

Big and some to get through this!

Feel free to come and vent here anytime and if you want to talk privately, feel free to PM me!!!!

I hope everybody is having a wonderful Friday and I hope you all enjoy your long weekends (to those who get off for Labor Day). Think of me while I'm working away. Although I get paid extra for the 4 hrs I do work on Labor Day........So not to bad, plus I get 4 hrs off to use whenever I like!

Went to see my family dr. today (just a check up) Got my note for my new chair at work! (I have a spine injury and the chairs at work just make it worse!) He is going to do my A1C (for Diabetes) and check my Cholestrol too next month. So there is yet another reason to "be good"

Also if I have another "Acid Reflux Attack" like I did he is going to send me for another scope to be sure nothing serious is going on. So far I'm doing good. Nexium is working fine again. I don't know what caused the flare up. He even asked me if I "earned it" and even hub shook his head no. I told him I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed too..............So he's just going to "watch it" and see. Hopefully it was just a one time thing.............

Well Cheers to everybody and I hope you enjoy your weekend!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread