Old 08-28-2006, 09:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Default Wisteria Lane & My AHA! Moment

So on Saturday night we went to a party with most of our friends - all upper middle class 30 somethings. Well, I walked in & instantly felt like I had stepped into Wisteria Lane (Desperate Housewives) & most definitely did not fit. All the women were so thin & so darn beautiful & here I was fat & dumpy.

Well, I moped for a little bit & then I started watching them & thinking about it. & then I had my aha! moment! It is time for me to stop "treating" myself with food daily. It would be a bigger treat to be able to fit & feel comfortable in my little version of desperate housewives.

I recently heard someone say "You're not trying, you're whining." And that about sums it up. I literally have no real excuse to be this size anymore. I am paying to go to Herbal Magic, I've got a gym membership, don't work, don't have children but have a dog with boundless energy for walks.

So - here goes - it is on!!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:29 PM   #2  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

WooHoooo!
GO, baby, GO!!!!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yay Lifeguard! YOU GO!!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:59 AM   #4  
Aleecia

WTG Lifeguard! You can do it!
I can totally relate to you. I kinda live in a similar situation. All of our friends are skinny and beautiful, but I'll tell you when I don't let it bother me and am confident about myself, no matter what my weight is things are a lot smoother.
My husband and I went to a wedding this weekend and all of our friends were there. I was just myself, had a great outfit on and was having a great hair day. I found that I was treated a little different. Friends that aren't usually very complementary even had nice things to say. It felt great.

I just know that now that you've had your aha moment you will start to feel the same way.
Keep up the good work.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Motivation comes in many forms doesn't it! I think its great that you found something to get ya' goin'. You can do it... I love that show and would be TOTALLY intimidated by those girls, thin or not so thin!

Best of luck to you Amy!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good for you, Lifeguard! What does Oprah call those? A "lightbulb" moment? You CAN do this!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #7  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Way to go Lifeguard!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

I'm thrilled to bits for you, Lifeguard!! BTW, I love the little flag on that ginormous bicep of yours.
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for everyone's support. I really am trying to hold onto this motivation. I even enlisted one of those gorgeous thin girls to give me a hand. I figured I would be embarassed if one of them knew I was not sticking to the plan so I asked one of them to be my accountability for the gym. So I am e-mailing her daily with a breakdown of my workout from that day. This way, if I don't feel like working out I just think about the fact that she will know & that gives me the added kick I need. It's so much easier to just disappoint myself - I hate for others to know I'm not all I pretend to be - lol. By the way I love all of these girls - they are not only gorgeous but wonderful people as well (which makes it impossible to hate them - lol!!!)

Thank-you!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on the aha. I know what you mean about having thin friends and they are wonderful and always cheer you on, but sometimes you just look and wish you were like them. You will get it and they will be very supportive. Way to go!

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote