South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 06:00 AM   #1  

Default Thursdays Cackle on the Beach!

Avast thar maties! Time to BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!!! Ernesto is hitting us today through tomorrow... it is pouring out right now

BB: enjoy yer family visit today!

RMT: I hope today is better for you!

Barb: here's to a great turnout for recruiting tonight!

Gma: good vibes sent to you and DH --hope all turns out okay

Chal: you're making such great progress!

Beachgal: Time to celebrate that new flooring with a luxurious Bubble bath!

mornin' Ruth, Cottage, Emilie, louren..and all you other FAB chicks!

Nothing planned today cept catching up on some chores and staying in doors outta the torrential rains and thunder.. Darby continues to be soo scarred with Thunder - no doubt today will be awful for her. But for now, Time fer another cup of Cawfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! and Crossword Puzzle What's happening on you piece of beach?
Old 08-31-2006, 06:17 AM   #2  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning. I wish I was still sleeping, but the unrully bunch known as highschoolers awaits.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We all slept in so I need to jet. Eric may show for gardening at 8 and I need to get dressed and feed the Doggage. See y'all later.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #4  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Talking Good Thursday Morning

Good Morning all you bright and happy chicks :-)

Today is a good day - I feel GREAT (must have just had the yucky's yesterday) - and it helps tomorrow is FRIDAY

Not much going on today - have a few big meetings at work - ate breakfast here this am - like getting up at 4 and leaving at 6 isn't enough time???? Have to get the husband up and out the door by 5:30 - get me around, get the dog up and at em and outside - and the KID - that is the worst (but mommy it is summer why do I have to get up????? - b/c I need to go make money :-) ) anyway she is going to my sisters and they are going to a minor league bb game - like that is a rough life????? Anway had egg beaters, coffee (can't live w/o the nectuar of the Gods) and 2 sclices of SB approved ham. Yummy!!!!

Not sure about lunch - no leftover dinner and the egg plant parm that I made and brough into work dissappeared - I think some of my coworkers got into it

Well I wish you all a very happy and eventful day :-)

Later - RMT
Old 08-31-2006, 08:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone,

Ernesto is coming to visit us tomorrow and Saturday, Schatzi, but we're just getting heavy rains, no big storms, thank goodness. I hope your area doesn't suffer any damage from the storm.

Louren, I would have liked to sleep in a little this morning, too. It's hard to get up and get going when it's still dark outside!

Ruth, enjoy your day in the garden!

We may get a little sunshine this afternoon, so I want to get the girls outside for a while, maybe go to the park. Nothing much is happening around here today, otherwise. I'm thinking of maybe Chicken Divan for supper, haven't made that in a while. I took a peek on the scale this morning, and was happy to see the arrow moving in the right direction. We have 3 birthdays to celebrate this weekend, but I'm going to stick with my resolve not to stray from SB. With me, one cheat leads to another, etc, etc.

Well, I'd better get going and try to get some chores done before I leave for work. Have a great day!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:17 AM   #6  

RMT, I'm glad you're feeling better today!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:34 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Eric is here and already started at getting rid of the goldenrod in the raspberry patch. I won't be helping (supervising ) him as the Hyper Pypers are on their way here on their way to visit some friends in Belleville and I will be doggie sitting Bailey who is my GrandPup and Lucy's littermate. Somehow, i don't think much will get done today.

I'm off to clean out the wading pool for the festivities when three dogs frolic!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 AM   #8  

Morning gals!

Stay dry Schatzi and Cottage! The rain we got on Monday was so lovely that I might even welcome some torrential downpours!!

Ruth I am cracking up at your 6:22 post stating that you all slept in!

Louren Have a great day at school. I didn't realize you teach high school- 5th grade is as far as I think I can handle.

RMT Have a good day- I always love to wake up to a new day after a rough one. Just renews your soul, doesn't it??

Me- Well, don't really want to talk about eating. I won't be recording a loss for the month, that is for sure! I would be happy with a maintain, but that isn't going to happen either. I am planned for the day, but must stick to the plan!!

Gotta go- 3rd graders are awaiting.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:37 AM   #9  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Default 'Morning to All

I'm back from numerous trips and plannings - another wedding in the house! My last single daughter is getting married Saturday. I'll have acquired 3 SILs in 10 months. I have more stockings to buy (make?) for Christmas this year.

All in all, considering the travel and rush - I've tried to make the best food choices available. I've posted down another 1 lb! I did post a goal of 3 lbs for the month of September - it'll be close with festivities in the mix but I'm up for it.: I've lost the 4 lbs that accumulated from the last wedding - Go me!

I'll be gone again starting tomorrow. I'll post my loss for the month once I weigh in today before I take off. You chicks have a safe, luxurious and SBD Labor Day (hope everyone's off work)! See you Tuesday
Old 08-31-2006, 09:55 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

OUR GRANDCHILDREN ARE GOING TO BE HERE ON THE CAPE IN 1 HOUR. WE'RE SO EXCITED!!

Going to be off the thread for most of this weekend.Just wanted to wish you all a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.Can't believe this weekend call for the end of the summer fun & activitys.Keep Beaching.

Hugs BB
Old 08-31-2006, 11:07 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls. I know I've been in-and-out a lot and I need your help to change that. FORCE me to come here every day because you girls hold me accountable, and that's exactly what I need to be good.

I so struggle with my 3 meals/3 snacks thing because of work. On my days off, I do fine, but I don't have a fridge at work, so I can't really bring any veggies or cheese with me, or yogurt, etc. I eat a granola bar and a breakfast cookie at work, and then I go bananas once I get home (not literal bananas.)

I need you all to be like "Now Lisa, you know you need to log in here every day" like a mother or something. I've been very good so far today. Had a bowl of Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal with skim milk for breakfast. Snack is in an hour.

I'm going back to my couch. My first relaxing day off in God knows how long! Have a lovely day, and please, be stern with me.

Lisa
Old 08-31-2006, 02:53 PM   #12  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Anyone else excited that it's

??

I am ready for it! For some reason I have had nothing to do at work this week. I had pretty much been bumming around the office. I did read a little book and I have another on my desk.

Happy about my three pound loss this month, if I could lose another three in September I would be very happy! I am still disappointed about how much I've gained back of what I initially lost on SBD last fall...but I am just having to get over it and realize it's not use having a pity party. Back on the bandwagon is the way to go.

I hope everyone has fun plans for Labor Day. My hubby is a grad student so he always has to work holidays like this. But my parents are flying in for the long weekend and we are going to find something fun to do!
Old 08-31-2006, 03:38 PM   #13  

I got to come home early today! The grandparents came to get the girls shortly after lunch, and I was told to go enjoy the rest of the day. I do love the girls dearly, but it's so nice to get extra time off! Now, what shall I do? Should I make a cup of Chai and read for an hour or two? Or should I make a fancy dinner? A cuppa and a book sounds divine, this is a rare opportunity!

Weezle ~ What's going on?!? Get yourself in gear and get in here and post every day!!!(You DID ask for it )

Beach bum ~ Hope by now you are enjoying those grandkids! Have a wonderful visit with them!

Jessie ~ Congratulations on the 3 lb loss! Your weekend plans sound nice, we're having a big family BBQ on Sunday, so we can just rest up on Monday.

The kettle is whistling, time for my tea!
Old 08-31-2006, 03:42 PM   #14  

Yikes! Sorry Kiko and Pampgal, I didn't mean to leave you two out! I hope you're both having a great day!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:29 PM   #15  

Well gals, things could have gone a LOT better. The blockage is below his current stent and as such they could neither get a good ultrasound picture nor could the doctor even get a 1 mm wire through the catheter and the blockage so he has to have double bypass surgery. I guess the doctor said because he couldn't see to put another stent in he would be doing it blind and that would be too dangerous.

He sees the vascular surgeon on Tuesday for a consult. He had to have his neck veins ultrasounded too to make sure he has no blockage in his neck so he doesn't stroke out.

The money situation is going to be ugly, but looks like my dd and sil are going to pay our mortgage for a couple months until he can get back to work. With this, we may be able to eek it out ok if I make no mistakes and pay all the bills ahead through November. Thank God for the Navy Retirement or we would be totally sunk.

Thanks for the prayers lady, I sure do need them. I am so ashamed that I have totally fallen apart with this and I wanted to be so strong for Jack and take as much burden off him as I could.

Hugs to you all! Faye
Closed Thread